Wireless speakers can be incredibly convenient, allowing you to listen to your favorite music almost anywhere in your home. It is possible to enjoy beautiful sound quality without any cords or moving parts. In fact, these speakers can be placed anywhere in the house to create a multi-room audio system.
Whether you’re getting ready in the bathroom, cooking in the kitchen, or just hanging out on the patio, there’s a wireless speaker that will suit your needs and exceed your expectations. To help you find the best wireless speakers for home use, we’ve put together a list of our top choices in different categories, including sound quality, portability, and aesthetics.
- Best Overall: Sonos Roam
- Best Budget Option: Bose SoundLink Flex
- Best Mid-Range: JBL Charge 5
- Best Design: Astell&Kern ACRO BE100
- Best Portable: Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
Best Overall Wireless Speakers: Sonos Roam
- Stream music and more over WiFi, and enjoy easy control with the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- Use Bluetooth when you take this waterproof, lightweight, and durable speaker on the go.
- Experience astonishingly clear and perfectly balanced sound with automatic Trueplay tuning.
- Get up to 10 hours of continuous play time, and recharge with the included USB-C cable and any 7.5W (5V / 1.5A or 2.1A) or higher USB power adapter, or any Qi wireless charger.
- Create a multiroom sound system with other Sonos speakers and enjoy music, TV, and more all around your home.
The Sonos Roam is the best overall wireless speaker for home use because of its incredible sound quality, premium features, and design. These speakers are great because they have the flexibility to work with just about any type of home entertainment system, and they sound amazing. They’re also more portable and less expensive than the Move, and their auto Trueplay feature adapts the sound to suit your environment.
The speaker comes in five colors, and while we wish the battery lasted longer than 10 hours, it charges rapidly through USB-C or wireless charging. It also allows you to send your current playlist to the nearest Sonos speaker. The Sonos Roam has one mid-woofer and one tweeter that deliver deep bass tones with clarity.
Key Selling Features
The Roam’s key selling features are its smart and close connectivity with Sonos’ whole-home audio platform. So, when you’re at home, the Roam broadcasts music over Wi-Fi, which provides higher fidelity than Bluetooth. With the push of a button, you can effortlessly switch music from the Roam to another nearby Sonos speaker, and it’s an inexpensive way to add a turntable to your Sonos system – as long as your turntable supports Bluetooth.
It’s also easy to connect it to additional Sonos speakers for multi-room playback. Choose between Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for hands-free voice commands if you wish to use the Roam as a smart speaker.
Check out Sonos Roam on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Bose SoundLink Flex
- State-of-the-art design – SoundLink Flex outdoor speaker is packed with exclusive technologies and a custom-engineered transducer for deep, clear, and immersive audio at home or on the go
- Clearest possible sound – Proprietary PositionIQtechnology automatically detects the position of your portable Bluetooth speaker for optimal sound quality in any orientation or environment
- Waterproof wireless speaker for travel – SoundLink Flex is rigorously tested to meet IP67 waterproof speaker standards. Crafted and sealed with waterproof materials, it even floats – ideal for outdoor adventures
- Portable Bluetooth speaker – Built to resist water, dust, and debris, in a design that withstands drops and rust, this compact speaker goes wherever you do. It’s also easy to hold and store, and resistant to corrosion and UV light
- Rechargeable wireless speaker battery – Portable speaker charges through USB-C cable (included). Lithium-ion battery offers up to 12 hours of life per charge
If you’re looking for a cheap, easy-to-use speaker that’ll give your home or office some added sound, check out the Bose SoundLink Flex. It’s a good option if you’re looking for something you can use casually without worrying about whether it’s going to break—or even if you want a simple, inexpensive speaker that does its job well.
With its light, small design, the SoundLink Flex has a battery life of about 12 hours, which is adequate but not exceptional. And while the lower frequencies may use fine-tuning, the robust low-end is ideal for listening to music outside, where there are no walls for the sound to bounce off.
The Bose Connect app for Android and iOS also allows you to update the speaker’s software, view a user manual, enable or disable voice prompts, and modify the auto-off timer. Also, you can use the app to pair the SoundLink Flex with other Bose speakers; you can configure it as either the right or left channel of a stereo pair.
In addition, the Bose SoundLink Flex has an attractive design and is available in four colors: Carmine Red, Classic Black, Stone Blue, and White Smoke. The speakers are pretty compact and lightweight, which means they’ll be easy to carry around from room to room in your house.
Check out Bose SoundLink Flex on Amazon.
Best Mid-Range Wireless Speakers: JBL Charge 5
- JBL Pro Sound with an optimized long excursion driver, separate tweeter and dual JBL bass radiators
- Long lasting battery delivers up to 20 hours of playtime
- Take the Charge with you anywhere due to its IP67 waterproof and dustproof rating
- PartyBoost feature allows you to pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together in stereo or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers for really incredible sound
- Built-in powerbank lets you charge your devices without taking a break
The JBL Charge 5 is a great mid-range wireless speaker that’s sure to be a hit in any home. With its sleek design and sleek sound quality, the Charge 5 is the perfect choice for anyone looking for high-quality and customizable features. JBL understands how to make portable audio sound powerful; the Charge 5 includes a 20mm 10W tweeter and a 30W woofer in a racetrack-style design.
Instead of stereo audio, JBL built the Charge 5 to create a fuller-sounding bass experience—an obvious decision to make given that a speaker this small cannot provide true stereo separation (though you can pair two for real stereo audio). Aside from its loud volume, the Charge 5 features a completely waterproof shell, so it should be fine for pool parties and rainy days.
The JBL Charge 5 is slightly different from the Charge 4, but because of the new model’s better sound output and even greater robustness, it’s a deserving member of the finest dorm room speakers club. And its IP67 rating, which indicates strong dust resistance and full waterproofing, is about as good as you’ll get on a portable Bluetooth speaker.
Check out JBL Charge 5 on Amazon.
Best Wireless Speaker Design: Astell&Kern ACRO BE100
- Equipped with a 32-bit Hi-Fi digital-to-analog converter (DAC) to provide a superior level of real Hi-Fi sound to satisfy any audiophile or music enthusiast
- Custom made woofer and tweeter, as well as a compact Class-D AMP that controls each frequency range independently, providing superior level of sound quality compared to other common Bluetooth speakers
- Supporting both aptX-HD and LDAC codecs to transmit high-quality sound wirelessly at 55W output power, filling your room with rich sound has never been easier
- Multiple connectivity options including Bluetooth and 3.5 AUX with individual sound tuning
- Independent Treble and Bass adjustments and vibrant front panel LED display for easily visible speaker information
The Astell&Kern ACRO BE100 is a beautiful wireless speaker that will add a touch of class to any room. The Acro BE100 is a substantial box with some upscale aesthetic accents, such as an angular speaker grille and grain-leather pattern enclosure, measuring 6.8 by 10.3 by 6.5 inches (HWD) and weighing 7.1 pounds.
The models in black and white stand out as decorative elements in a room. And the bottom panel has four strong rubber feet that keep the speaker from moving around due to vibrations. A single 4-inch, 25W woofer sits behind the grille alongside dual 1.5-inch, 15W tweeters powered by a 32-bit DAC, delivering a frequency range of around 50Hz to 20kHz.
The speaker is Bluetooth 5.0 compatible and supports the SBC, LDAC, AptX HD, and AAC Bluetooth codecs. The display behind the grille shows which codec is currently active during playing, which is a great addition. And so, the Astell&Kern Acro BE100 offers a stunning, contemporary design, superb sound quality, and Bluetooth codecs that are suitable for audiophiles.
The speaker’s volume setting is independent of the volume of any connected device. By pressing the knob, you can select between Bluetooth and the aux inputs, and by keeping it down, you can turn the system on or off. The main drawback is the lack of a companion app and some other capabilities we would expect on a speaker in this price range.
Check out Astell&Kern ACRO BE100 on Amazon.
Best Portable Wireless Speakers: Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
- SOUND: MEGABOOM features powerfully loud, clear, and immersive 360° sound with deep thundering bass you can feel. All carefully balanced so you can hear every note.Mounting Type: Tabletop
- MAGIC BUTTON: The all-new Magic Button on MEGABOOM 3 allows you to play, pause and skip tracks directly on the speaker. Just push for convenient control of any streaming music.
- FABRIC: MEGABOOM 3 is covered in a two-tone fabric that’s tough and beautiful. Engineered for extreme performance and colored two ways, it comes to life in a range of drool-worthy iridescent themes.
- POWER UP: Charge MEGABOOM 3 wirelessly with POWER UP charging dock–sold separately–so you can grab-and-go, fully charged, to your next musical adventure.
- WATERPROOF: MEGABOOM 3 is designed to get seriously wet and keep on booming. Featuring a ridiculous IP67 water and dustproof rating, it can be totally submerged in water for up to 30-minutes. Plus, it floats too.
And so, with just one press of the button on the Bluetooth speaker, you can play, pause, skip, and control any streaming music. To easily manage any streaming audio, just push. This will allow you to match the moment’s vibes without touching your phone.
What’s more, the Megaboom 3 from Ultimate Ears is remarkably portable. Although it is a little larger than the Ultimate Ears BOOM 3, it is still small and light enough to be carried in one hand. So, you can use it anywhere without needing to plug it into an outlet because it is battery-powered.
The Megaboom 3 is perfect for outdoor parties or playing music in your living room. It’s IPX7 water resistant, so you don’t have to worry about getting it wet if you’re using it outside. It also has a 360-degree sound projection that covers a large area, and its treble, mid-range, and bass are all well-balanced.
Check out Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3 on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best Wireless Speakers for Home: Step by Step
There are many different types of speakers, ranging from budget models to top-of-the-line ones. Choosing a speaker that fits your budget and needs is important. Here are some things to consider when choosing the best wireless speakers for your home:
- Sound quality
- Battery life
Let’s look at each one in more detail.
If you want good sound quality, you’ll want to look for a speaker with a high-quality sound driver. While some wireless speakers may have built-in drivers that sound amazing out of the box, others may need more tweaking before they sound their best. If your speaker was made by a reputable manufacturer like Bose or Sonos, then you know it’ll be easy to get great sound from them!
Wireless speakers can be fragile, particularly if they’re made from cheap materials and don’t have any padding around the edges. Make sure that any wireless speaker you buy has some kind of padding on the outside so it doesn’t break easily when dropped or knocked over.
You should also check out reviews online before purchasing a particular model, as some people have reported issues with durability when using certain models over time.
Wireless speakers, like any other electronics, are meant to be portable, so they should be light and easy to carry from place to place. If you want your audio system to be portable enough to take with you on vacation or even just to the park, then make sure that it has built-in batteries that can power it for hours on end.
A common feature of all wireless speakers is their rechargeable battery. This means you don’t have to invest in a separate power source or worry about losing it when you pack up and move home. Wireless speakers need batteries to work, so it’s important to have a good amount of juice that can last several hours of continuous use.
Look for models with at least 10 hours of playback time per charge. If you want more power than that, consider getting one of the higher-end models that can go up to 24 hours without recharging.
Wireless speakers come in different shapes and sizes, but they all share one key feature: connectivity. For your wireless speaker to connect with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer, it needs to have Bluetooth connectivity.
The good news is that most wireless speakers have this capability built into them; however, if yours doesn’t, then don’t worry – plenty of options can connect via other methods, such as Wi-fi!
What to Know Before Buying Wireless Speakers for Home
When looking for high-quality wireless speakers for your home, it’s important to choose the best one for your needs. The first thing you need to do is understand the features that you want in your wireless speaker. Do you want a stereo system for your kitchen?
Or do you want something that works well in a small office or bedroom? You should also consider how much space you have available on your desk or countertop and what size of space will be best suited for the wireless speaker.
Your budget is also a crucial thing to consider. You can get affordable wireless speakers that still provide great sound quality, but it’s important to remember that quality comes at a cost. If you’re on a budget, it might be best to go with an older model or one that has been discounted heavily.
Once you know what kind of wireless speaker you need, it’s time to look at reviews online to see whether other people have had success with them. You should also look at reviews from other websites to get an idea of what other people think about the quality of sound produced by each model. If there are any specific issues with a particular model, these will usually be listed in its reviews section.
Using The Best Wireless Speakers for Home: What It’s Like
The best speakers for home use are those that provide an immersive sound experience. Wireless speakers have a lot of benefits: you can use them anywhere in the house, they’re portable, they don’t take up much space, and they’re easy to set up. One key factor to consider when buying wireless speakers is their connection to your audio source.
If you plan to play music from your phone or tablet wirelessly, then you should choose a speaker with Wi-fi. A Bluetooth connection is more common in these types of speakers because they can be used with any device equipped with Bluetooth, such as an iPhone or Android phone or laptop, without the need for Wi-fi connectivity. These speakers are generally cheaper than those with Wi-fi capability, but Wi-fi speakers are the best in terms of sound.
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API