- When choosing a wireless gaming mouse, there are several factors to consider, including comfort, battery life, compatibility, and functionality, among others.
- The Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless was voted the best overall wireless gaming mouse.
- If multi-purpose is a concern, the Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro may be for you.
Just a few years ago, most gamers preferred a wired mouse to a wireless mouse. While going wireless meant worse performance then, this has since changed. That’s because wireless technology has significantly evolved, leading to much-improved performance, connectivity, and battery life.
Since long battery life is vital, the best wireless gaming mouse should offer up to 50 hours of battery life or more. It should also have key remapping and customizable RGB lighting so that you get value for your money. But as is the case with computers, not every gaming mouse works the same.
So, when looking for the right option for you, you need to consider the shape and how the mouse feels in your hand. Whether you are looking for something more ergonomic or a wireless gaming mouse for a specific genre, there’s something for everyone. Regardless of what you pick, all the mice reviewed here will provide a pleasant gaming experience.
Here are our top picks for the best wireless gaming mouse:
- Best Wireless Gaming Mouse Overall: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless
- Best All-Purpose Wireless Gaming Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro
- Best Customizable Wireless Gaming Mouse: Razer Naga Pro
- Best Portable Wireless Mouse: Razer Orochi V2
- Best Mid-Range Wireless Gaming Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro
Best Overall Wireless Gaming Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless
- Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, and PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, IN, DE, FR, RU,...
- PowerPlay wireless charging: Never worry about your battery life again. Add the power play wireless charging system to keep your G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse and other compatible G mice charged...
- Light speed wireless gaming mouse: Exclusive Logitech G ultra-fast wireless technology used by Pro gamers in competitions worldwide
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400plus ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing,...
- 11 customizable buttons and hyper fast scroll wheel: Assign custom macro and shortcut commands to the buttons for each game with Logitech G hub software. Use hyper fast scrolling to rapidly review...
Whether you want to play games in different genres or you’re looking for a mouse with good performance and productivity features, the Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless can be the right option for you. Featuring a comfortable, right-handed shape and eleven programmable buttons, this mouse is great for games with complicated controls like MMOs.
Alongside its long battery life, it has a high-end sensor. Compared to other gaming mice, Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless is significantly heavier and even includes ways to adjust the weight distribution. This means it’s not suitable if you only play reaction-based titles like FPS games.
This gaming mouse is also fitted with a free-scrolling mode that allows you to quickly scroll through documents and browse the Internet between gaming sessions. What sets this mouse apart is its speed. With its 16,000 CPI HERO sensor, it charges within 90 minutes and offers up to 60 hours of battery life.
The G502 also has optional weights you can add if you prefer it to be heavier. The only real downside of this mouse is its price, which is twice as high as the wired version. However, having wireless connectivity with up to 60 hours of battery life may be worth the price.
|Adjustable weight||Right-handed only|
|Excellent design||Much more expensive than the wired version|
|Long battery life|
Check out Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless on Amazon.
Best All-Purpose Wireless Gaming Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro
The Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro is an incredibly lightweight mouse with robust functionality and a comfortable design. Having been in the market for over 15 years, this mouse is fitted with nearly every feature you need for gaming. It also comes with coarse grips, a textured scroll wheel, and little tasteful RGB lighting.
While this might not be the fanciest wireless gaming mouse on the market, it’s affordable and incredibly intuitive. With its stylish design and HyperSpeed wireless tech, you can connect it to your PC practically latency-free. Offering up to 70 hours of battery life, the DeathAdder V2 Pro is currently the ultimate wireless version.
Its left and right buttons are also optical, thus allowing it to deliver lower latency, fewer misclicks, and longer life. Plus, a new button on its base mouse switches between custom profiles for RGB lighting and sensitivity.
If you sign up for its software, you can set up an unlimited number of profiles regardless of where you plug in the V2. Unfortunately, this mouse lacks features such as rubber side grips and a storage compartment for its USB receiver.
|Excellent performance||Needs a proprietary USB cable to charge|
|Comfortable design||No RGB|
|Bluetooth and USB connectivity|
|Long battery life|
Check out Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro on Amazon.
Best Customisable Wireless Gaming Mouse: Razer Naga Pro
If you enjoy playing different gaming genres, you might be limited to a few programming buttons that make your gameplay sloppy. Thankfully, Razer Naga Pro is a wireless gaming mouse that comes with several cool features to make it functional and reliable. Namely, with this gaming mouse, you get three detachable panels specifically designed to make your gaming experience smooth.
Whether you are looking for the best customizable mouse or one for MMO gaming, the Razer Naga Pro won’t disappoint you. Besides feeling sturdy, it includes a full 12-button side panel that’s ideal for loading with macros, spells, macros, and any other customization needed.
Regarding performance, Razer Naga Pro is incredibly responsive. Although it doesn’t have a version for left-handed users, it does offer a left-handed version in a wired-only configuration. Also, due to the added buttons, it’s a bit heavy.
In addition, its click latency and overall sensor performance aren’t very impressive. It’s also not comfortable due to its honeycomb cutouts. Otherwise, this mouse is one of the best wireless gaming mice out there.
|Two types of wireless connectivity||Takes time to get used to its shape|
|Extremely versatile||Imperfect USB wireless|
|Portable in nature|
Check out Razer Naga Pro on Amazon.
Best Portable Wireless Gaming Mouse: Razer Orochi V2
- <60g Ultra-Lightweight Design: for seamless control when gaming on the go exlcudes battery weight
- 2 Wireless Modes: Maximize its battery life for work via Bluetooth, and maximize your after-hours gaming with the seamless, low-latency performance of Razer HyperSpeed Wireless.
- Up to 950hrs of Battery Life: Built for the gaming and work grind, it lasts up to 950 hours on Bluetooth and up to 425 hours on Razer HyperSpeed Wireless, and can go for ages before its batteries need...
- 2nd-Gen Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches: With new gold-plated contact points, the switches are less prone to degrading and have a longer lifespan of up to 60 million clicks, so you can enjoy crisp...
- Razer 5G Advanced 18K DPI Optical Sensor: Enjoy responsive, pixel-precise aim with an improved sensor that flawlessly tracks your movement with zero spinouts.
Whether you’re looking for a hassle-free gaming mouse or a powerful peripheral for your gaming laptop, Razer Orochi V2 can be the right pick. It’s lightweight, sturdy, and connects wirelessly via Bluetooth or a USB receiver. It comes with versatile power options, and you can even get up to 425 hours of gaming by using an AA or AAA battery.
This mouse also has a low profile and compact shape that makes it easy to store. Besides, it has an onboard memory which you can use to save your settings and then use them in other machines. Compared to other mice, the Razer Orochi V2 has great build quality.
Although it’s ideal for a fingertip grip, you might find it uncomfortable, especially if your hands are small. If you are searching for a mid-range lightweight gaming mouse with good performance, versatility, and lengthy battery life, this can be a good choice. Unfortunately, due to its size and shape, it only works best for those with large or medium-sized hands.
|Superb click latency||No RGB lighting|
|Feels well built|
|Fantastic battery life|
Check out Razer Orochi V2 on Amazon.
Best Mid-Range Wireless Gaming Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro
- Three ways to connect: sub-1ms SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS technology, low-latency Bluetooth wireless technology, or USB wired.
- Play with pinpoint accuracy and precision thanks to a custom PixArt PAW3392 native 18,000 DPI optical sensor, optimized for wireless mice with extremely low power consumption and customizable in 1 DPI...
- Hyper-polling technology communicates with your PC at up to 2,000Hz, twice the speed of standard gaming mice, ensuring blazingly fast response times.
- Charges with an easy-to-use, reversible USB-C connector. Mouse button Type: Omron
- Comfortable contoured shape with two included interchangeable side grips for a tailored fit.
The Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro is one of the best mid-range wireless mice with a 2,000Hz Hyper-Polling tech and Qi wireless charging compatibility. With a battery that lasts up to 50 hours, you can either use Bluetooth or USB wireless modes. Although it has fewer buttons, its layout is leaner, thus making it easy to use.
The Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro also has a nice touch and slightly thinner LMB to accommodate the two extra buttons. While its textured grip might feel a little bit uncomfortable, it’s worth it. So, if you’re looking for colorful RGB lighting, great in-game performance, and a swappable side panel, this could be the right pick.
And, unlike other wireless gaming mice, it has ultra-fast Slipstream technology that lets you reach sub-1ms response times in various games. The Dark Core RGB Pro will also provide you with performance and comfort that can significantly boost your gaming experience.
|Great wireless connectivity||A bit heavy|
|Comfortable design||The textured grip may feel awkward|
|Handy QI charging|
|Great price points|
Check out Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Wireless Gaming Mouse: Step By Step
Since a good wireless gaming mouse can make all the difference in gaming, you’ll want to choose the right one. Here are a few factors to consider before picking the best wireless gaming mouse.
While most people use their full palm, there are several other ways to hold the mouse. Once you’ve established the grip that works for you, you need to choose the right size for your hands. The size you choose generally depends on how you normally hold the mouse.
Given that high-end gaming mice are costly, getting a reliable one is the way to go. To get a clear picture of how reliable it is, you can check reviews or even try them out first.
RGB may not affect how a mouse functions, but it is still an important factor to consider. If you are looking for a gaming mouse, you’ll want to check how well it fits your current RGB setup. While certain models will work with the software you are already using, others may lack the ability to sync.
You also need to ensure your wireless mouse is comfortable to use. The worst thing you can do is buy something you are not comfortable with. That said, ensure that you try the mouse to see how it works.
Programmable buttons are also a very important factor to consider when shopping for a wireless mouse. Usually available in most gaming mice, these buttons let you program your mouse the way you like.
Since the mouse pad is the surface on which a mouse is used, it can significantly affect its functionality. Depending on your desk surface, you’ll want to invest in a decent mouse pad to boost your gaming experience.
What To Know Before Buying the Best Wireless Gaming Mouse
Before you purchase a wireless gaming mouse, you need to make sure it suits your needs. The worst thing would be ending up with a mouse that won’t improve your gaming experience. That’s why speed, functionality, and a stable connection are key factors to consider.
Next, you need to check whether the batteries are charged and know how to install them. To do so, you just need to flip the mouse and put the batteries in their compartment. If you wish to take your mouse to tournaments and PC stores, consider investing in a good carrying case. A mouse used for gaming should be strong, which is why it’s best to get one that can hold up against your playing style.
Using The Best Wireless Gaming Mouse: What It’s Like
If you play a lot of games, your mouse should provide you with fast response times, a precise sensor, and more customizable buttons. Since you won’t have to worry about the cable, you’ll enjoy a convenient and comfortable gaming experience. The best wireless gaming mouse will also provide you with one millisecond response time and use the same 25,600 DPI sensor.
Unfortunately, you may feel frustrated when your mouse’s battery dies in the middle of the game. That said, you need to keep it charged while constantly checking whether the battery has enough power. Your wireless gaming mouse may also suffer from connectivity issues caused by signal interference, especially if you have many other devices in close proximity.