USB-C has become the standard for most mobile devices in recent years. From phones to laptops, most devices have a USB-C port as their only option. This makes wired headphones harder and harder to use without a converter, but luckily there is a range of USB-C headphones that work with any device with a USB-C port.
We have compiled a list of the 5 best USB-C headphones you can get today. We want to note that some of these headphones are wired only, and some are wireless with wired options.
- Best USB-C Over-Ear Headphone: Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless
- Best USB-C earbud: Logitech G333
- Best Budget: Samsung AKG Type-C
- Best For Phone Calls: Sennheiser SC 160 USB-C Headset
- Best For The Office: Logitech Zone Wired
Best Overall USB-C Over-Ear Headphone: Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless
- Auto on:off and smart pause never miss a beat with seamless on:off and pause functionality; Plays your music faster than any other headphone
- Active noise cancellation and transparent hearing Momentum 3 wireless adapts to your environment wherever you find yourself
- Exceptional comfort soft ear pads and headband crafted from genuine leather insure exceptional wearing comfort during long listening sessions
- Three button interface provides easy operation without having to read a manual
- Automatic pairing mode makes setting up Momentum 3 wireless easy on the first activation
Now you might be saying, why is the best USB-C over-ear headphone wireless? Even though its primary mode is Bluetooth, the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless come with a USB-C to USB-C cable to charge and transmit audio. With this cable, you can have an enjoyable low-latency listening experience, especially with the active noise canceling or ANC these headphones offer.
These headphones are very comfortable with their well-designed pads on the ear cups. The default sound profile is quite thumpy and bassy, so these are perfect for EDM or bass-heavy music fans. However, if that sound profile is not quite your cup of tea, the Sennheiser Smart Control app allows you to customize the EQ to your liking.
The only downside we could find with these headphones is the slight audio leaking when listening at high volumes.
Best USB-C Earbud: Logitech G333
- Gaming-Grade: G333 gaming in-ear headphones are designed for a complete and immersive play experience whether you're at your PC or on the go
- Multi-Device Connectivity: Ready for PC, mobile, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo devices with standard 3.5mm aux connection; included USB-C adapter lets you connect to even more devices
- Dual Drivers: Designed specifically for the optimal gaming experience; dedicated drivers, one for highs/mids and one for bass, provide detail-rich audio to accurately recreate the game world
- In-Line Mic and Controls: Quality in-line microphone delivers clear comms and chat; integrated controls let you play, pause and control volume with ease
- Adaptive Comfort: Choose between three flexible, comfortable, soft silicone earbud tips that sit gently in-ear
The Logitech G333 is designed for gaming, and with the virtually no latency listening experience and lightweight design, these should be perfect for those long gaming sessions. These headphones do have a standard 3.5mm audio jack at the end, but they come with a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. It is worth noting that whether with the adapter or not, the listening experience is the same.
The EQ on these headphones is bass-heavy and punchy, making action-packed games sound amazing, and the music also sounds pretty good. If that EQ doesn’t sound to your liking, unfortunately, there is no way to change the default EQ on these earbuds.
That being said, there is no audio leakage, and they passively block out a decent amount of sound. As a result, the Logitech G333 is a perfect earbud for casual use and gaming. Plus, the price point will not break the bank.
Check out Logitech G333 on Amazon.
Best Budget: Samsung AKG Type-C
- Compatible Phone Models: Galaxy Note10
- Included Components: Earbuds
- Compatible Devices: Laptop
If you are looking for a set of earbuds that don’t cost much but still can connect to all of your devices and sound good, the Samsung AKG Type-C is the way to go. The wired connection offers a very low latency listening experience. Also, the braided cable is an excellent addition that makes the earbuds feel like a premium earbud and not a budget-friendly option.
Lightweight and clear sound are the three words that come to mind with these earbuds. The Samsung AKG is perfect for long listening sessions. And even though the EQ leans a bit towards bass-heavy, the mids and highs are clear and balanced. This makes vocals and instrumentals feel more present in the mix.
For the price point, these headphones are at, we do not expect them to have ANC, so that is not a significant downside. These earbuds are perfect for a budget-friendly shopper who still wants a fantastic listening experience.
Check out Samsung AKG Type-C on Amazon.
Best for Phone Calls: Sennheiser SC 160 USB-C Headset
- Designed with you in mind: for professionals using Skype for business or other unified Communications platforms that require a consistently excellent hands-free communication solution
- Hd sound: powered by Sennheiser HD stereo sound to ensure a clearer and more natural meeting and entertainment experience
- Noise canceling technology: filters out all unwanted background noise for crystal-clear conversations on calls
- 2-In-1 Earpad styles: choose between soft leatherette or light acoustic foam for maximum comfort
- Bendable boom arm: flexible arm ensures that your microphone stays in the perfect position and cannot be twisted out of place and folds discreetly into the headband when not in use, giving a more streamlined appearance
The Sennheiser SC 160 USB-C Headset is not really meant for an incredible music listening experience. Instead, they are intended to make phone calls hands-free. And that’s just what they do. The boom mic offers excellent quality to make sure your voice is clear on phone calls or web conferences. The headset also has inline controls that allow you to raise and lower volume, mute your mic, and use a voice assistant if you use an Android device.
They do not have the best build quality, but we did not find a better price-to-performance offer for their use case than the Sennheiser SC 160.
Check out Sennheiser SC 160 USB-C Headset on Amazon.
Best For The Office: Logitech Zone Wired
- SUPPORT WORK FROM ANYWHERE WITH SYNC: Whether employees are in the office, at home, or somewhere else, Sync device management software helps everyone stay connected by letting you ensure their Logitech video collaboration personal devices are being used and up to date.
- Zone Wired is designed with generously-sized 40mm drivers to deliver full-bodied bass, crisp higher frequencies and incredibly low distortion creating amazing sound for video call and music.
- By isolating your voice from any acoustic clutter around you, this Open Office-certified headset with noise-canceling dual mic technology delivers superbly clearer calls and video meetings.
- The Teflon-coated stainless steel headband features a silicone head cushion and memory-foam ear pads that provide a comfortable fit throughout the workday in a lightweight, contemporary style.
- Intuitive in-line controls on the tangle-free cable that are always at your fingertips to adjust volume, mute, answer/end/reject calls, and play/pause music.
While the Sennheiser SC 160 is really good for calls, for overall office use, the Logitech Zone Wired is our recommendation. The Logitech Zone Wired are no-frills on-ear office headphones. They have a sleek, comfortable design that feels well-built. With a well-balanced sound profile, they are suitable for listening to a wide range of content.
They also feature specialized controls for answering calls on a broad range of virtual conferencing apps. A high-quality boom microphone makes your voice sound clear and primarily free of background noise.
Unfortunately, their non-detachable USB audio cable severely limits their overall versatility. This is the only downside we could find with these headphones, though. So if you are looking for a new set of headphones for the office or your work-from-home office, the Logitech Zone Wired is a perfect fit.
Check out Logitech Zone Wired on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best USB-C Headphones: Step By Step
Right now, there is a wide variety of options for USB-C headphones, so narrowing down the results might seem like a big task. There are a couple of categories we weigh over the others that can help you with this process, though.
- Noise Canceling
- Special Features
There are two different kinds of noise canceling options ANC (Active Noise Canceling) or Passive noise canceling. You will see ANC in the specs list on a lot more premium headphones. ANC is achieved by a mic on the headphones that take in the sounds around you and actively filters them out of your headphones or earbuds. Passive noise canceling is accomplished by the seal that headphones create on your eardrums, and typically, unless you have something playing, you can still hear noises outside your headphones.
How your headphones connect to your devices is one of the most significant factors you should consider when buying a new set. With this article, we focused on USB-C headphones, so if that is the connection you value the most, make sure to get a capable headset. But, there are wireless, Bluetooth, and traditional 3.5mm options if those fit your needs better.
Special features or X-Factors can make the difference from one headphone to another. These include things like boom mics, inline controls, and customizable EQs. Of course, some people will get a headset and never touch the EQ, so it doesn’t matter for them to have a customizable EQ. Make sure to value which special features mean more to you than just picking the headset with the most.
What To Know Before Buying a USB-C Headset
There is only one thing you need to keep in mind before buying a USB-C headset: whether it can connect to all the devices you need it to. For example, if you use an iPhone, we do not recommend purchasing a USB-C headset. Because until Apple changes the lighting port to fit the USB-C standard you will not be able to use the headset with an iPhone.
Using USB-C Headsets: What it’s Like?
We got the chance to test out these 5 headsets and put them through our testing. All of them passed our testing, which is why they are on this list. But the standout performer for us was the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless. These are by far the most expensive headphones on this list, but with how excellent the listening experience was and how feature-packed they make them well worth it.
If the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless is out of your price range, all the other options will not be disappointing; they all offer a great experience.
Last update on 2022-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API