For a few key reasons, slim cases are always in demand. They offer a snug fit for your smartphone and are low-key in their appearance to keep them from being noticeable or bulky. And many also provide scratch resistance, helping to shield your precious iPhone 8 Plus from dents, cracks, and broken displays. But which are the best ultra-thin iPhone 8 Plus cases?
We’ve listed our favorite six that we found in 2023 below:
- Best overall: YOUMAKER iPhone 8 Plus Case
- Best budget option: JETech Case for iPhone 8 Plus
- Most durable: Mujjo Moulded Edge Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 8 Plus
- Best for travel: Spigen Liquid Air Armor for iPhone 8 Plus
- Easiest to clean: Apple iPhone 8 Plus Silicone Case
- Highest protection: OtterBox Defender Series Case
Best Overall Ultra-Thin iPhone 8 Plus Case: YOUMAKER iPhone 8 Plus Case
- For iPhone 8 Plus Case: Certified MIL-STD drop test and cushioned corners prevents your device from accidental drops and shocks.
- For iPhone 7 Plus Case: Built-in kickstand for convenient hands-free portrait and landscape viewing angles.
- For Phone Case iPhone 8 Plus: Smooth wireless charging has your iPhone 8 Plus/7 Plus quickly recovered.
- For Case for iPhone 8 Plus: This case front cover is coming with a built-in screen protector.Works with Face ID after successful installation.
- For iPhonr Case 8 Plus: ONLY FIT for 5.5 inch iPhone 8 Plus (2017 Release) & iPhone 7 Plus (2016 Release). DO NOT FIT for 4.7 inch iPhone 8 / iPhone 7.
(Please note that as of July 19th, 2023, the YOUMAKER iPhone 8 Plus Case, iPhone 7 Plus Case, Built-in Screen Protector Kickstand Full Body Heavy Duty Shockproof Cover for iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone 7 Plus 5.5 inch – Black is currently unavailable on Amazon. Please check back later.)
The YOUMAKER iPhone 8 Plus Case is a Certified MIL-STD drop-tested phone, so it’s a perfect solution for clumsy phone users. It also has cushioned corners to protect your device from accidental drops and shocks.
It’s also thin enough to provide smooth wireless charging and contains a front cover for a built-in screen protector. Last but not least, it’s the only case on this list that includes a kickstand, which can come in handy for many different situations.
However, there are a few drawbacks to this phone case, including that the screen protector smudges and dirties easily and that the kickstand can be difficult to snap out.
Check out YOUMAKER iPhone 8 Plus Case on Amazon.
Best Budget Case: JETech Case for iPhone 8 Plus
- Design with carbon fiber textures for iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus 5.5 Inch
- Made with PC and TPU fusion to offer Full Protection all around the device
- Two-layer: inner TPU and a replaceable PC cover in the edge; Extreme Protection from drops and scratches while remain super slim and fit
- Access to all the controls and features; Perfect cutouts for speakers, camera and other ports
- Package includes: iPhone 8 Plus / 7 Plus case, customer service card
Sitting at under $10, the JETech Case for iPhone 8 Plus may not be as slim as some of its competitors, but it is more practical and protective. Both hard polycarbonate and soft thermoplastic polyurethane were used to protect against shock absorption and offer scratch protection.
Air-cushioned corners provide the structure with extra strength and the phone has perfect cuts for ports, speakers, and cameras. But unfortunately, the case is only available in carbon fiber grey. But for the price, including a lifetime warranty, you can’t beat this simple case.
Check out JETech Case for iPhone 8 Plus on Amazon.
Most Durable: Mujjo Moulded Edge Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 8 Plus
- MUJJO'S BEST LEATHER WALLET CASE for IPHONE 8/7 PLUS- Integrated card pocket holds 2-3 cards. Full leather wrapped case profile with Mujjo's signature full-grain vegetable tanned leather. Get complete body protection. Black & Gray colors.
- COMBINE DAILY ESSENTIALS, UNDERSTATED CRAFTSMANSHIP - Leather pocket fits 3 ID or bank cards. Protects & eliminates bulky pockets. Optimized button profile. Take pictures, make calls & charge your iPhone while it's still protected.
- LEATHER WRAPPED PROFILE, SCREEN EDGE PROTECTED - Made out of Mujjo's signature premium quality leather. Super-slim profile accentuates iPhone's beautiful design. Leather rises 1mm above edge of the glass creating a raised bezel to protect your screen.
- LUXURIOUS FULL GRAIN LEATHER - Soft to touch tanned leather that breaks in & acquires unique patina. Rich color enhanced with aniline oil treatment. Satin-like interior lined with finest Japanese microfiber.
- MUJJO IPHONE 8/7 PLUS CASE- Mujjo is the creator of world's first leather wallet case. Praised in Forbes, New York Times, Harper’s Bazaar. Perfect gift for any occasion. Retail packaging. 2 year factory warranty.
If you’re looking for durability, usefulness, and a little bit of style, look no further than the Mujjo Moulded Edge Leather Wallet Case. It features a useful space on the rear for keeping important cards like ID and credit cards, and the case is made of premium, vegetable-tanned leather. While the case was built to endure wear and tear brought on by friction with hard surfaces, it’s also slim and can fit in jeans pockets with ease.
The price is fairly high at almost $70, but the case only gets better with age due to real full-grain leather. However, it’s not the most protective case for screens, as some users reported small cracks once if they dropped the phone from too high up during testing.
Check out Mujjo Moulded Edge Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 8 Plus on Amazon.
Best for Travel: Spigen Liquid Air Armor for iPhone 8 Plus
- Flexible and durable TPU layer that is lightweight and modern
- Form-fitted to maintain a slim profile and pocket-friendliness
- Precise cutouts and tactile buttons ensure quick access and feedback
- Wireless Charging Compatible for iPhone 8 Plus (2017)
- iPhone 8 Plus Case / iPhone 7 Plus Case Compatible with iPhone 8 Plus (2017) / iPhone 7 Plus (2016)
The Spigen Liquid Air Armor for iPhone 8 Plus offers an excellent solid fit without weighing down your phone. The cutouts are perfect and the case itself provides a decent grip to help you avoid dropping it.
However, the interior of the case is grooved, which means it easily collects dust, dirt, and dander. And unlike some of the other options on this list, the case does not come with a screen protector, so you’ll have to purchase one separately.
Check out Spigen Liquid Air Armor for iPhone 8 Plus on Amazon.
Easiest to Clean: Apple iPhone 8 Plus Silicone Case
- A soft microfiber lining on the inside helps protect your iPhone.
- On the outside, the silky, soft-touch finish of the silicone exterior feels great in your hand.
- You can keep it on all the time, even when you’re charging iPhone 8 Plus wirelessly.
- Color: Pink Sand
If you prefer to have a case that isn’t made by a third party, the Apple iPhone 8 Plus Silicone Case is an excellent choice. And due to the silicone front and back, it’s easy to keep clean.
The genuine Apple case also easily slips over the device’s curves, side buttons, and volume controls without adding any bulk. The case’s inside contains a soft microfiber material to aid in scratch and fall prevention. But based on experience, the more you handle the case, the faster it breaks down — specifically in the corns and at the bottom. So it may not be the best case for users who drop their phones frequently.
Check out Apple iPhone 8 Plus Silicone Case on Amazon.
Highest Protection: OtterBox Defender Series Case
- Compatible with iPhone 8 PLUS & iPhone 7 PLUS (ONLY)
- Robust, 3-layer protective case, with a built-in screen protector, withstands scratches, drops, bumps and shock
- Belt-clip holster included that doubles as a kickstand for hands-free media viewing
- Port covers keep out dust and debris
- Includes OtterBox limited lifetime warranty (see website for details)
For the clumsiest phone user, the OtterBox Defender Series Case offers ultimate safeguarding, including military-grade drop protection. And, each OtterBox undergoes over 230 hours of testing, so you’ll get the best shielding available.
The polycarbonate shell protects against shocks, drops, and bumps and the built-in screen protector helps your phone avoid scratches. But Otterbox cases aren’t known to be the most fashionable cases on the market and this is the largest case out of everything on this list. But if you need more security, it’s a great choice.
Check out OtterBox Defender Series Case on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Ultra Thin iPhone 8 Plus Cases: Step by Step
When trying to pick one of the best ultra-thin iPhone 8 Plus cases, you’ll want to keep the size and protection in mind. You can find a case within any budget, but the most important part about these cases is if they’re thin, but still offer stability and have drop and scratch resistance.
First, the size will determine if the case makes your phone clunky or hard to handle. While a few of the cases on this list are bulkier than others, each is less than 2mm thick, meaning they won’t make your phone heavy and will be easy to tuck away when needed.
Second, if you’re prone to dropping your phone, or find yourself moving around with it quite a bit, a case with heavier protection is needed. Focus on drop and shock resistance, and look to see how sturdy the case is. Also, if the case offers military-grade protection, this is the highest you can go, so it’s a great deal.
What To Know Before Buying Ultra Thin iPhone 8 Plus Cases
If you’re buying a phone case, chances are that you want one that keeps your phone from breaking. But there is more to consider before you jump into a purchase decision.
For example, how do you want your case to feel? While some cases offer grip, others are smooth and shiny, making them easier to look at. And, the material of your iPhone cover is important too, since some materials, like silicone, are slim but don’t offer as much protection. You’ll want to look for scratch-resistant and slim materials like polycarbonate.
Next up, if you want a more appealing look, like card storage, a kickstand, or raised corners, you’ll need to remember that these can increase the volume of your phone case, making it bulkier and heavier when carrying.
Using Ultra Thin iPhone 8 Plus Cases: What it’s Like
Ultra-thin phone cases are perfect for keeping your phone secure without being noticeable or making it hard for you to store them. And because many are also affordable, you can’t go wrong with adding a case to your phone to keep it safe from accidental drops and scratches.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Polina Yanchuk/Shutterstock.com.