Your brand-new iPhone is here, and if you’re lucky enough to have gotten the iPhone 14 without a long wait time, the best thing you can do is safeguard it to avoid needing a new one. But, if you’re a user who doesn’t like making your phone bulkier, we have the best ultra-thin iPhone 14 cases that don’t sacrifice protection but still keep your phone lightweight and easy to handle.
In our opinion, the best ultra-thin iPhone 14 cases that we’ve found include:
- Best Overall: SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro Case
- Best Budget Option: ESR Air Armor Case
- Best Ultra Thin Option: Totallee Thin iPhone Case
- Best Travel Choice: PITAKA MagSafe iPhone Case
- Best for Performance: MOUS Bamboo Protective Case
- Most Durable: OtterBox Commuter Series Case
Best Overall Ultra Thin iPhone 14 Case: SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro Case
- [20 Foot DROP TESTED]:Winner of CNET's "Best Case Scenario" drop test.
- [Built-in screen protector]: Built-in screen protector prevents scratches without compromising touch sensitivity.
- [Rotatable Belt-Clip]: Detachable swiveling belt clip for convenient, hands-free, pocket-free carrying.
- [Kickstand Feature]: Built-in Kickstand supports portrait and landscape hands-free viewing.
- [Compatibility]: Compatible with iPhone 14 (2022) / iPhone 13 (2021) 6.1 inch.
The SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro Case case offers robust protection for users concerned about drops. Not only is it affordable (sitting at under $30 USD), it also offers military-grade drop test standards up to 15 feet (or 4.5 meters). This case also includes a built-in screen protector and raised bezels to protect your screen and fit your phone snugly. The added kickstand is useful for viewing media or propping your phone up and is great for on-the-go users.
This case even includes a belt clip for those who don’t like putting their phone in their pockets. While it does have a slightly bulkier appearance than the other options on this list, it’s still a thin case, sitting at just 2mm thick. The largest drawback to this case is that it’s fairly simple in design, only coming in four colors — black, green, red, and blue. Check out the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro Case on Amazon.
Best For Budget-Conscious Users: ESR Air Armor Case
- Military-Grade Protection: hard acrylic back, flexible frame, and shock-absorbing Air-Guard corners work together to provide test-certified drop protection that guards your phone against life’s...
- Compatibility: only compatible with iPhone 14 and iPhone 13; full functionality maintained via precise speaker and port cutouts and easy-press buttons
- Screen and Camera Protection: raised screen edges and powerful Camera Guard defend against scratches and other damage
- Scratch Resistant: crystal-clear acrylic back resists scratches and never yellows to show off your phone’s true style in stunning clarity that lasts
- Wireless Charging Ready: this iPhone 13 case and iPhone 14 case is thin enough to fully support wireless charging, ensuring that your phone stays protected at all times
If you’re looking for an affordable case that will shield your phone from scratches, offer dust resistance, and protect your phone from drops, look no further than the ESR Air Armor Case. Not only does this case provide military-grade drop protection, but it also has raised edges and pumpers to guard your phone screen and its camera.
While it doesn’t specifically list that it offers MagSafe charging, the thinness of the case can aid in wireless charging (but you’ll need to grab the magnets separately if you want MagSafe). There are only two colors for the case — black and clear. While this may be a drawback for some users, the price point — less than $15 — can make it worthwhile to sacrifice style. Check out the ESR Air Armor Case on Amazon.
Best Ultra Thin Case: Totallee Thin iPhone Case
- ULTRA THIN. Only 0.02 inches thin. No bulk. One of the thinnest iPhone 14 cases on the market that helps you maintain the original beauty of your iPhone. This is the most pocket-friendly case for...
- EVERYDAY PROTECTION. Keep your iPhone looking like new by protecting it from scratches and minor drops. A raised “lip” around the camera prevents damage to the lens. Pair it with a totallee screen...
- BETTER QUALITY. Unlike similar products this thin iPhone 14 case is designed to perfectly fit your phone and not become loose and peel off your phone. Quality you can trust from a USA-based company
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. Each case is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. Contact totallee directly to take advantage of your warranty
- THE PERFECT CASE FOR iPHONE 14. This case offers everything you need in a green iPhone 14 case, and nothing you don’t. Compatible with iPhone 14 (new 2022 release)
The Totallee Thin iPhone Case offers one of the thinnest cases for your iPhone 14 at just .02 inches thin. It also has a decent in-hand feel with a completely matte surface and tactile buttons. It also has raised edges that surround your phone’s screen and camera to protect them against scratches and damage.
It’s important to note that during testing, this case only protects your phone from mild shocks and drops. It does not offer military-grade protection. And your phone can be cracked or damaged if dropped from too high up. The case is available in multiple colors, including navy blue, clear, black, white, green, purple, and red. Check out the Totallee Thin iPhone Case on Amazon.
Best for Travel: PITAKA MagSafe iPhone Case
- [Premium Material] Made from 1500D aramid fiber which is widely used in aerospace and military applications, unlike carbon fiber, this fine-weaved case will not interfere with the signal and it is...
- [The Thinnest & Lightest Case Ever] Light as 2 half dollar coins and thin as a credit card, this iPhone 14 case adds no extra bulk and offers a case-less feel for your iPhone 14.
- [Comfortable to Hold] Designed to improve the user's extra hold and comfort with unique 3D Grip Technology, smooth but non-slip. The rim of the back of the phone is crafted through the chamfering...
- [Fully Compatible with MagSafe] Fully compatible with MagSafe chargers and accessories and PITAKA PitaFlow for Phones (MagEZ Car Mount Pro, MagEZ Slider, and MagEZ Sleeve 3.0). Due to MagSafe...
- [Compatibility] Only compatible with iPhone 14-6.1 inch. The rim on the front is polished through zero gapping with a round-edged design to avoid sharp edges, protect the phone's front screen, and...
If you’re looking for thinness and function, the PITAKA MagSafe iPhone Case offers aerospace-grade aramid fiber for protection, MagSafe charging, and is just .04 inches thick. To prevent sharp edges and to safeguard the phone’s front screen, the front rim has been polished with a round-edged design and has zero gapping. It’s also lightweight, coming in at .79 ounces, to keep the phone from weighing down pockets or belt clips.
Due to the aramid fiber, this case is scratch resistant. But it gets dirty easily and shows fingerprints. So if that’s an issue, you may want to look into a different case. It’s also only available in neutral colors like black and grey. Check out the PITAKA MagSafe iPhone Case on Amazon.
Best for Performance: MOUS Bamboo Protective Case
- UNMATCHED SHOCKPROOF DEFENSE – Experience unparalleled protection with AiroShock. Our high-impact material is designed to absorb and disperse energy so your iPhone 14 Pro stays protected from drops
- SEAMLESS MAGSAFE INTEGRATION – Get your iPhone 14 Pro case MagSafe ready. Our strong magnetic connection ensures optimized and fast wireless charging, plus full compatibility with MagSafe...
- PREMIUM MATERIALS – Crafted from premium White Acetate, reinforced with polycarbonate with rippled ribs for enhanced grip. The iPhone 14 Pro MagSafe Case is a heavy-duty design that doesn't bulk up...
- A WARRANTY THAT LASTS A LIFETIME – We stand behind our workmanship. Every Mous case offers an unmatched limited lifetime warranty. Got problems? We're always here; customer support is at our core
- TRUSTED BY MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS – We put our phone cases through rigorous tests to prove their durability. From helicopter drops to tossing them off roofs, our iPhone 14 Pro MagSafe case is built...
For those looking for performance and style, the MOUS Bamboo Protective Case offers many different cases with a variety of finishes. They include real bamboo, speckled black fabric, walnut, aramid fiber, white acetate, and black leather.
But these cases still offer quality protection too with AiroShock impact-absorbing technology. The case is fully compatible with MagSafe charging and eco-friendly users will be happy to know that each case is delivered in 100% recyclable packaging.
While the case is a bit more expensive than other options on this list at around $60, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty to put your mind at ease. Unless you purchase one of the wood finishes, it’s important to note that the silicone or fiber finishes easily pick up dust or fingerprints. Check out the MOUS Bamboo Protective Case on Amazon.
Best for Durability: OtterBox Commuter Series Case
- Compatible with iPhone 14 & iPhone 13
- DROP+ 3X as many drops as military standard (MIL-STD-810G 516.6) works with wireless charging pads
- Dual-layer thin phone case is made with 35% recycled plastic
- Pocket-friendly design with a secure grip
- Includes OtterBox limited lifetime warranty (see website for details)
OtterBox phone cases are innovative and offer high-level protection, and the OtterBox Commuter Series Case case is an ultra thin case for iPhone 14 phones. A unique feature of these cases is that they have two layers. The first layer is soft and cradles the phone to make it scratch-resistant. The second layer snaps on and is made with 35% recycled polycarbonate plastic to provide a firm grip and offer military-standard drop protection.
You can have one layer or both layers on your phone based on how much protection you need. The case also provides Qi and MagSafe charging, but it doesn’t include the magnets, so you’ll need to purchase those separately. As with all OtterBox cases, the Commuter Series comes with a lifetime limited OtterBox guarantee. Check out the OtterBox Commuter Series Case on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best Ultra Thin iPhone 14 Case: Step by Step
When choosing an ultra-thin iPhone case, there are a few features that you’ll want to look into:
- MagSafe Charging.
Let’s review each one in more detail.
First, size is important when looking for a thin case. While bulky cases are available for phones, thin cases offer protection without the added weight and size that makes your phone harder to carry. Look for cases that are less than 2mm if possible, as those are considered thin.
Next up, your phone case’s durability will be a major key point as well. No one wants to pay $20 or more for a case that won’t last more than a few weeks or months. You’ll want to choose a phone case with durable materials like leather, bamboo, and polycarbonate plastic. A case that comes with a warranty is always a great choice, too. That way, if it wears down, you can get a new one.
For some phone users, the price of a case is incredibly important. If you’re a budget shopper, there are decent cases under $25 that can protect your phone while being affordable. While there are many great cases that are premium priced, there are plenty of low-cost options that offer the same durability and protection.
Speaking of protection, this is the main reason to have a case on your phone! If the case doesn’t protect your phone, you may as well not have one. Look for phone cases that have drop and scratch protection. Military-grade protection is the best and highest defense, so aim for that if you can.
Last but not least, MagSafe charging through your case should be considered as well. While not as important as the above key points, it can be helpful for users that want to utilize the feature on their phone. While almost all the cases we’ve listed above offer MagSafe charging, some require extra accessories.
What to Know Before Buying an Ultra Thin iPhone 14 Case
Before buying one of the iPhone 14 cases we’ve listed, you need to ensure that you’re purchasing the correct one. The phones come in a 6.1-inch screen size (the regular iPhone 14) and a 6.7-inch screen size (14 Plus). Choosing the wrong case will keep you from being able to use it, which will be a waste of time and money.
Also, both the iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 phones are the same size. So if you find an ultra-thin case made for the iPhone 13, it may work on your new iPhone 14. However, it may be missing features like MagSafe charging.
Using Ultra Thin iPhone 14 Cases: What It’s Like
Generally speaking, you want a case that will cover your phone and protect it without being overly bulky or heavy. And the more the phone case can shield your phone from damage, the better, especially if it protects your phone’s screen and camera too.
While many cases offer simple or even elaborate designs, the biggest importance is if it will keep your phone safe. So, if you want a case that can do all of the above, you’ll want to choose one of the cases we’ve talked about.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Wachiwit/Shutterstock.com.