If you’ve ever wanted to join the futuristic world of technology, then smart glasses are for you. With high-quality cameras and lightweight frames to provide a comfortable fit, these devices will allow you to see your surroundings without taking yourself off the grid. They’re also designed to provide complete immersion in an entirely new way, which means you can enjoy the best overall experience possible.
This guide will show you the best models on the market and give you a complete idea of what to expect from each device. Here are the top 5 best smart glasses that you can buy and enjoy now.
- Best Overall: Bose Frames
- Best Budget: Echo Frames
- Best for Music: Ray-Ban Stories
- Best For AR features: TechKen Sunglasses
- Best Digital Assistant Integration: Smith Lowdown Focus
Best Overall: Bose Frames
- Redesigned for luxury — Thoughtfully refined and strikingly elegant, the latest Bose sunglasses blend enhanced features and designs for an elevated way to listen
- Rectangular Bluetooth sunglasses — Finished in High-Gloss Black, Bose Frames Tenor style flaunts a refined square frame, a distinctive keyhole bridge, and ultramodern materials. Lens Width: 55 mm ; Bridge Width: 18 mm ; Temple Length: 155 mm ; Temple Width: 143 mm
- Bose Open Ear audio sunglasses — Hear lifelike audio while others hear practically nothing. It’s an experience that leaves you free to engage with the world, all while discreetly listening to music.
- Polarized lenses — These music sunglasses include shatter- and scratch-resistant polarized lenses to reduce glare, enhance visibility, and block 99% UVA/B rays. And you can add your prescription (Rx) to your Bose sunglasses anytime.
- Improved battery life — Rechargeable bluetooth sunglasses with up to 5.5 hours of continuous listening per charge. Bose music sunglasses fully charge in 1 hour.
Bose Frames are the best smart glasses available on the market today. Bose has a reputation for making some of the top audiophile headphones and speakers, and its smart glasses are no exception. The Frames have a modern look that makes them fashionable in any setting. They’re compatible with both Android and iOS devices and can be used to stream music or make calls via Bluetooth. The headphones can also be used for listening to audiobooks and podcasts.
Sensors in the glasses include a small accelerometer that measures your tilt and rotation, a Bluetooth receiver with which to wirelessly connect to your smart device, a gyroscopic sensor, GPS, and Wi-Fi with an LED indicator showing signal strength and battery life. The built-in mic can be used for receiving and rejecting calls. And the device works with any audio source you’d like to listen to.
Bose Frames are very lightweight and comfortable in that they’re not too heavy. The frames are also incredibly versatile because they can be folded up and taken out of your pocket or bag. In addition, these smart glasses are reasonably priced at $199.00.
Check out Bose Frames on Amazon.
Best Budget: Echo Frames
- Hands-Free with Alexa - Make calls, listen to podcasts or Audible books, set reminders, add to your to-do lists, get the news, or control your smart home.
- Open-ear audio with Auto Volume - Echo Frames direct sound to your ears while minimizing what others around you can hear. Plus, with Auto Volume they automatically adjust volume based on the noise level of your environment in real time.
- VIP Filter - Customize which notifications to receive from the contacts and apps on your phone that matter most to you. Top Contact option will enable calling to your top VIP with just a single press and hold of the touchpad to give you a more convenient and seamless way to stay in touch.
- All-day wear - Echo Frames are lightweight and comfortable. They are IPX4 splash-resistant for water and sweat and are available in prescription ready frames, polarized sunglass lenses with UV400 protection or blue light filtering lenses.
- Battery life - Get over 2 hours of talk time, Alexa interactions, and media playback over a 14-hour day. Or, up to 4 hours of nonstop listening on a full charge.
Like their predecessors, Echo Frames work by letting you control your environment with your voice. However, the second generation of this product features a more comfortable form factor for the superior fit, integrated audio for listening to music or calling a friend, and three new colors: black, tortoise and blue.
The feature that makes these glasses stand out from the rest is their blue-light filtering lenses. According to the product description, this feature is supposed to make it easier to see what’s going on outside when the weather is bad. Unlike additional blue-light-blocking sunglasses, their lenses are actually adjustable, so you can customize them to fit your face. Alexa frames filter out this light while still allowing you to view your surrounding environment to prevent eye strain and other potential issues.
Echo Frames are compatible with Alexa apps like Spotify, NPR One, Pandora, and more, so you can listen to your favorite music or audiobook wherever you go. If you’re already an Alexa user, you can simply link your account to your glasses so that your settings and preferences can transfer over seamlessly.
Check out Echo Frames on Amazon.
Best for Music: Ray-Ban Stories
- As Oprah says on OprahDaily, “Now, this is cool—in fact, it might just be the gift of the year! They look like classic, streamlined Wayfarer sunglasses, but they actually connect to your phone. You can listen to music or podcasts, answer calls, and even take pictures and videos. A simple tap or voice command is all it takes to do these things. And they charge in their case!" Ray-Ban Stories requires a Facebook account and the Facebook View App to share social content.
- Ray-Ban Stories frames cannot be replaced with prescription lenses and attempting to do so will invalidate the warranty.
- RAY-BAN STORIES: The new way to capture, share and listen. In partnership with Meta, discover our first generation of smart sunglasses and eyeglasses that keeps you connected.
- POLARIZED LENS: Delievering a true-to-color environment, Ray-Ban Polarized lenses block at least 95% of reflected light, virtually elimanting glare and increasing visual clarity.
- CAPTURE THE WORLD AS YOU SEE IT: Take photos and videos hands-free and stay immersed in the moment with the dual 5MP camera. It automatically adjusts to the light around you for high resolution photos and quality video for up to 60 seconds.
If you love the retro look of the Wayfarer sunglasses, then the Ray-Ban Stories will fit your style. They are stylish yet simple, and equally comfortable to wear. The nose pads are soft and flexible enough to conform to your face very well. They come with a magnetic charging card that can refresh the battery once fully drained, so no need for new batteries.
These frames have a 140-degree wide-angle field of view that offers clear views of your surroundings. This feature is adequate for capturing photos and videos of your surroundings as you record. It also has an 8-megapixel camera that features a wide-angle field of view.
You can connect these glasses to your smartphone via Bluetooth or MHL, which are 2.4GHz wireless connectivity standards. You can also connect them directly to a Wi-Fi network if you get a wireless adapter for it. This feature allows you to control your smartphone’s camera and recording function. You will be able to capture photos, record videos, and turn on your voice assistant through settings.
These smart glasses are inbuilt with a bone conduction sound system that delivers high-quality audio straight to your ears without obstructing any of your vision. It can play music and connect to your phone via Bluetooth. You can listen to music or make and receive calls simply by pressing a button on your frames. The built-in microphone will pick up your voice clearly without any background noise being heard.
Check out Ray-Ban Stories on Amazon.
Best For AR features: TechKen Sunglasses
- Polarized lenses provide the best protection for your eyes in effectively prevent ultraviolet rays.
- Fashionable design with foldable sunglasses, the headset is adjustable and can be freely telescoped.
- Comfortable wearing and secure for running, hiking, it can prevent sunlight damage to your eyesight and let you enjoy music on your journey.
- Easy to use, answering phone calls and playing music by operating Play/ Stop button and Volume control button
TechKen Sunglasses is an all-inclusive set of glasses that are the perfect partner to your smartphone or PC. A Bluetooth connectivity feature allows you to wirelessly connect to your device. This way, you can enjoy music, movies, and other media without messy wires. An integrated microphone enables you to take calls as well. A unique audio-control switch provides easy music and volume control access so you can have the perfect listening experience.
The TechKen Sunglasses come with an interchangeable lens feature. It allows you to pair your lens to with your outdoor activity or mood. You can comfortably relax, whether watching a movie or enjoying a day out on the beach with the TechKen Sunglasses.
The TechKen Sunglasses are equipped with adjustable nose pads and built-in 3.2’’ speakers with a powerful 10mW output. These specs create crisp and clear audio, delivering the best listening experience possible. In addition, the wireless Bluetooth connectivity feature allows you to connect to a device within 33 feet of your sunglasses.
The Bluetooth headset has a powerful rechargeable battery that can be charged via a USB port, which also comes included. The TechKen Sunglasses even come with a charging cable and a user manual. Thanks to them, you can get started in no time. As a result, you will have hours of fun with the TechKen Sunglasses, available on Amazon for just $15.97.
Check out TechKen Sunglasses on Amazon.
Best Digital Assistant Integration: Smith Lowdown Focus
Smith has teamed up with Google to create its own version of smart glasses called the Smith Lowdown Focus. It’s a great choice for those looking for a pair of affordable, stylish sunglasses with a small number of augmented reality features. As well as taking a few quick photos and shooting homemade videos with the help of the AR mode, the Lowdown Focus ChromaPop Sunglasses have a digital assistant feature called Google Assistant. To activate this feature, you just speak to your glasses and ask them to perform certain commands.
The Smith Lowdown Focus ChromaPop Sunglasses are made from durable plastic, which is complimented by stylish, metallic colorings. The frames sit comfortably on your face, and the adjustable nose bar provides an easy fit. The lenses, too, are made from high-quality plastic, so you can be sure they’re carefully fitted and won’t break if dropped. The lenses are also UV400 protected, so when you’re listening to music and taking photos in bright sunlight, you don’t need to worry about damaging your eyes.
And so, the Smith Lowdown Focus ChromaPop Sunglasses are an affordable option that is not only stylish but comfortable and functional. However, their budget-friendly price makes these smart glasses stand out from other brands. In all honesty, they are a bit on the heavier side, but if you’re looking for a stylish pair of sunglasses that also offers access to Google Assistant, the Lowdown Focus ChromaPop Sunglasses are the pair for you.
Check out Smith Lowdown Focus on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Smart Glasses: Step by Step
Every smart glasses manufacturer has his own unique version of a futuristic-looking spectacle. Here are factors to consider when trying to find the best smart glasses:
- The work situation in which the smart glasses are going to be used,
- Features of smart glasses,
- The price of the smart glasses,
- Support Services.
Let’s look at each one in more detail.
Different smart glasses serve different purposes. For instance, a pair of smart glasses for the office could connect to your computer and display emails in your field of vision. If you’re going to use them at home, consider how useful they’ll be when added to your home’s tech setup. Many smart glasses can also double as a camera or video recorder, so they can come in handy.
Features of Smart Glasses
Some of the main features to look for in smart glasses include:
- Image and video quality,
- Built-in camera or microphone,
- Weather resistance,
- Ease of use.
Ease of use is especially important because you don’t want to fumble around with your glasses when a quick photo opportunity comes your way.
Price points for smart glasses vary from $50 all the way up to $150 and more. These prices depend on the features mentioned above, how well the smart glasses are made, and how many features they have. The best smart glasses are expensive because they’ve been designed to showcase both quality and style.
The best way to learn about a product is to look at what others have said about it. Reviews of smart glasses are important because they can tell you more about the specs, how well they work and how reliable the glasses are. Most users of smart glasses report being amazed by their new gadgets. Reading how other people feel about them can make buying smart glasses easier.
Some smart glasses companies have free warranties or even a free technical support service. If you’re not 100% sure that the glasses will work exactly as described, it might be a good idea to purchase your smart glasses from someone who backs up their products with a warranty and bonus technical support.
What To Know Before Buying the Best Smart Glasses
Before buying a pair of smart glasses, it’s important to understand what sets smart glasses apart from regular specs and how they work. The majority of smart glasses connect to a smartphone app via Bluetooth. Depending on the style of the smart glasses you choose, functionality can range from placing calls, recording videos, and taking photos to streaming music and podcasts straight to your ears.
As with most devices that require connectivity with another device, you will need access to Wi-Fi or a cellular data connection for your smart glasses to function. What’s more, some smart glasses aren’t equipped with internal storage for your files and photos. For example, Amazon’s Alexa AR-enhanced smart glasses are exclusively built to stream content from a Fire TV or Fire tablet within Wi-Fi range. This means that you need a constant data connection to experience this model’s full functionality.
The majority of smart glass frames run on rechargeable batteries. Amazon’s Alexa AR-enhanced smart glasses, for instance, offer up to three hours of battery life depending on the volume settings. However, you can also opt for a pair that is powered by a simple AAAA battery. Most frames are designed to be charged using a USB port so you can easily top off your smart glasses when the battery dies.
Using the Best Smart Glasses: What it’s Like
The best smart glasses provide a multitude of convenient options for daily and travel use. Some smart glasses can also be used for navigation, but these models are typically bulkier and are not considered sunglasses as much as they are a form of head-up display. For everyday use, it’s best to opt for a pair of smart glasses that provides you with convenient access to your music library or phone calls on the go.
The style of smart glasses you choose will largely depend on your personal preferences. For a more immersive experience, consider smart glasses that are equipped with an in-built camera and Wi-Fi connectivity. These features make it easy to record impressive video footage and share your photos and videos via social media.
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API