- The iPhone 6, which has sold more than 222.4 million units since its release in 2014.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 was a watershed moment in smartphone history because it was one of the first to offer a bigger display in response to market demand.
- The iPhone 5s performed similarly to the iPhone 5, except it was more powerful, brighter, and more intelligent.
When Apple unveils a new product, customers want to know what improvements the next iPhone will include. But the most current iPhone model is not always the best one. In fact, when a new iPhone is launched, there’s no guarantee it will be better than its older version. It’s interesting to see how older Apple models are being phased out in favor of more recent versions. So, here is a list of the most popular and best-selling iPhones of all time.
- Best Overall:
- Best Budget Option: iPhone 5
- Best For Photography: iPhone 6s
- Best For Business: iPhone 12
- Best For Performance:
Apple has introduced a lot of mobile gadgets over the years, but the is by far the best-selling iPhone of all time. It was available in a new rose gold finish to underline its cutting-edge status. The iPhone 6, which has sold more than 222.4 million units since its release in 2014. That’s because a 4.7-inch LCD screen, 128 GB of storage, and a fingerprint scanner all came in a thinner and lighter model than any previous iPhone.
Check out on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: iPhone 5
- Factory Unlocked - Compatible Att Tmobile Verizon Sprint Also with any prepaid service Metro Cricket Net10 Mint H20 Lyca Straight Talk Simple Mobile Walmart Mobile Consumer Cellular many more
- The Device is Preowned and fully fucntional No noticeable scratches when the device is held at arms length
- Includes New Generic Charger Cable and the hands free Sim card is provided by your service provider and is not included with the phone
- Ready out of the box Insert the activated sim card provided by your service provider in the phone Power the phone ON All set
- Included Components: Charger, Cable, Hands Free
Apple’s iPhone 5 was a watershed moment in smartphone history because it was one of the first to offer a bigger display in response to market demand. It was released just in time for the surge in popularity of Android phones with big displays. As a result, the iPhone 5’s display increased from 3.5 to 4 inches in size.
Its aluminum body was sleeker and lighter, despite the bigger size. Consequently, it appeared smaller than it actually was when held in your hand. Within the first 24 hours of pre-order availability, more than 2 million copies were sold. In the following three days, 5 million iPhones were purchased, making it the second best-selling iPhone of the time.
Check out iPhone 5 on Amazon.
Best For Photography: iPhone 6s
- Factory Unlocked, Upgradeable To The Version Of Ios
- Factory Unlocked Iphone 6S And Fully Gsm Unlocked, Compatible With AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Cricket, Metro, Mint, , Straight Talk, Sprint, Us Mobile, Ting Mobile, Simple Mobile, Etc
- Inspected To Have Minimal To No Cosmetic Damage, Which Is Not Noticeable When The Device Is Held At Arm'S Length. Successfully Passed A Full Diagnostic Test Which Ensures Perfect Functionality. Tested...
- Preowned - Fully Inspected and tested to be in good working condition
- Includes - New Charger, Cable and Handsfree Packed in White Box
Despite widespread acceptance of bigger panels, Apple maintained its 3.5-inch screen. With Android phones coming out with increasingly larger displays, Apple followed suit and created bigger screens for their iPhone models. iPhone 6s had a 4.7-inch display — a first for the iPhone.
The rose gold iPhone 6 was an enormous success, with over 124.5 million handsets sold worldwide in just three months. When it initially came out, the camera on this iPhone was the best available in the market. In fact, the iPhone 6s was regarded as one of the best iPhones for photography thanks to its new 12MP main camera and ability to record 4K films at an astounding 30 frames per second.
Check out iPhone 6s on Amazon.
Best For Business: iPhone 12
- Unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice on GSM and CDMA networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, Cricket, Metro, Tracfone, Mint Mobile, etc.).
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to come with a battery that exceeds 90% of original capacity.
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arm's length. Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new...
- Includes a brand new, generic charging cable that is certified Mfi (Made for iPhone) and a brand new, generic wall plug that is UL certified for performance and safety. Also includes a SIM tray...
- Backed by a one-year satisfaction guarantee.
If you check recent iPhone sales, you’ll notice that the iPhone 12 is the most popular Apple smartphone. When the phone was released in October 2020, demand immediately increased. It had dominated the market and sold over 100 million copies by April 2021.
The iPhone 12 took only seven months to reach this milestone, whereas the iPhone 11 series took two months longer. What’s more, the iPhone 12 was the first smartphone to support the now-ubiquitous 5G network. It’s well known for resembling an iPhone 4 but in a few other colors and with updated internals. You could argue that the iPhone 12 is the best in years. In addition, its ceramic exterior houses both of its cameras.
Check out iPhone 12 on Amazon.
Best For Performance:
Apple made significant enhancements to the , but it appeared unchanged to the untrained eye. The iPhone 5s performed similarly to the iPhone 5, except it was more powerful, brighter, and more intelligent. Although the iPhone 5s had more capabilities, the iPhone 5 remains Apple’s second-best selling iPhone of all time, with over 163.7 million units sold.
The iPhone 5 Plus had a larger 4.0-inch display, an 8-megapixel camera, and 64GB of internal storage. The iPhone 5s was also the first smartphone to feature Apple’s fingerprint recognition technology.
Check out on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best iPhone
When selecting your preferred iPhone, check out the following:
- Home Button
- Face ID
- Augmented Reality
- Release Date
Let’s review each one in more detail
Although Apple’s handsets have never been cheap, an iPhone XS Max could cost close to $1,500. The iPhone 8 is available for $688, the iPhone 8 Plus for $799, and the iPhone X for $999. This does not include government fees, Apple Care, or a higher-capacity storage plan. As a result, Apple ensures that everyone has the best alternative possible based on their budget and preferences. There’s also the Apple Upgrade Program, which allows you to spread the cost of your phone over 24 months and upgrade to the most recent model once you’ve paid off half of it.
However, if cost isn’t your first goal, you should consider the size. Despite its larger 5.5-inch display, the iPhone 8 Plus is significantly larger than the iPhone 8. The iPhone 8’s 4.7-inch screen makes it easier to use with one hand but at the loss of nearly an inch of screen real estate. Despite having the same length and width as the iPhone 8, the iPhone X’s 5.8-inch screen is larger than the iPhone Plus’. So, the iPhone X is your best bet if you’re looking for the biggest screen possible.
All the new iPhones contain Apple’s True Tone technology, which adjusts the display’s color temperature based on the ambient light. Like its predecessors, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus have HD retina screens, but the iPhone X has a Super Retina display with even more pixels per inch. It also has the first iPhone display with OLED and HDR support.
As a result, the blacks are darker, the colors are brighter, and the visuals are more accurate. But you’ll have to put up with a black notch and rounded corners when watching videos, which is a pain. So, the size and features of the screen are significant factors to consider when choosing your preferable iPhone.
The iPhone X does not have a home button. To use Apple’s tenth-anniversary phone, you’ll need to get used to using Apple’s Multi-Touch gestures rather than the usual home button. If you insist on having a home button on your phone, consider the iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
The iPhone X does not include a fingerprint scanner or a home button. When it comes to unlocking the phone and making purchases, Apple claims that FaceID is more secure than TouchID. It’s not as natural as, for example, an iOS user instinctively placing their finger on the phone’s screen, but it could be safer. The fingerprint scanner remains in its customary location on the home button in both the 8 and 8 Plus — a feature that augments the best-selling iPhones in the market.
The camera on the 8 Plus or X should be your first priority. Each has a secondary telephoto lens for increased zoom and DSLR-quality portrait pictures. Furthermore, Apple improved Portrait Mode by incorporating “Portrait lighting,” which simulates studio lighting and produces more flattering portraits. The iPhone X’s lenses have OIS, and their aperture is somewhat faster. The front camera even has a Portrait option, which is ideal for folks who adore taking selfies.
All three phones contain Apple’s augmented reality (AR) technology, allowing you to play more realistic games and view the night sky. On the other hand, the front TrueDepth camera on the iPhone X goes above and beyond with a dedicated configuration for face mapping, allowing you to activate your favorite Snapchat filter or an Animoji version of yourself.
If your current phone is about to die and you cannot wait another day, you can immediately remove the iPhone X from your list of desires. If the Apple 10th anniversary iPhone isn’t sold out by November, you’ll have to wait till then. However, if orders are placed before September 15, the additional two phones will ship by September 22.
What To Know Before Buying an iPhone
When shopping for an iPhone, you must consider the color, apple care, storage space, the new iPhone model launch, and a compatible OS Version. While the iPhone’s technical specifications are impressive, selecting a smartphone that appeals to your aesthetic sensibility is equally essential. The majority of best-selling iPhones have a black or white front face. There was also a gold finish version available. The iPhone 5C series is less expensive and comes in many colors, including red, blue, green, and more.
Apple Care is an extended warranty plan for iPhones that may be purchased. You can extend your warranty from one year to two years and be protected against water damage, and purchase a replacement phone for an extra $99.99. Every year in the fall, Apple releases a new iPhone model. The most recent changes are only accessible now, so don’t wait!
When a new model is released, the price of the prior model is lowered considerably; thus, purchasing it can save you a lot of money if you don’t require the latest features. If you intend to buy a used or older iPhone, make sure that the iOS (the operating system) version is up to date. And if you want to use the latest apps, you’ll need a phone that supports the most recent operating system.
Using an iPhone: What it’s Like
The iPhone’s design is reminiscent of a palmtop computer more than a regular cell phone. It can make and receive calls, play movies and music, access the Internet, send and receive emails, and text message friends and family like other smartphones. Any iPhone 3GS or later device features a camera that can capture both still images and video. You may also import images from your PC into the iPhone’s software for easy categorization.
The iPhone’s interface is based around the home screen, a grid of 16 icons that provide access to the phone’s primary functions. The standard iPhone apps include a phone app, a Safari web browser, a music player, a video player, an iTunes Store client, a Contact address book, a Calculator, a Notes notepad, and a Weather app.
Newer versions of the iPhone include several apps that come with a Maps app, a weather app, an App Store, a Camera app, a Voice Memo app, and a Clock app. You can rearrange the home screen icons to suit your needs better and create folders to organize your apps — features that have appeared in most best-selling iPhones in the market.
When you want to use one of the iPhone’s many features, tap its icon on the home screen. Tapping the Phone app icon, for example, opens up the iPhone’s phone interface. Different apps have different interfaces but share a standard look and feel. For example, most apps have a navigation bar at the top and a toolbar at the bottom.
- How To Insert YouTube Videos Into PowerPoint, Step By Step With Photos Are you looking to feature one or more Youtube videos in your PowerPoint presentation? Here’s a guide to achieve it easily.
- The 5 Best Smart Glasses You Can Actually Buy Today One of the latest cool tech gadgets is smart glasses. Read our review of the best ones on the market currently.
- The Real Reason Dreamcast Failed Spectacularly Dreamcast was a home video game console released by Sega on November 27, 1998. Wonder why it failed miserably? Read on.
Last update on 2023-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API