- If you intend to use the device infrequently, you will be able to get away with selecting a charger with 200 watts. However, 300 watts is ideal.
- You should ensure you select a charger with at least 500 charging cycles per battery.
- Additional features such as special connecting ports can also be beneficial.
With the ever-growing demand for energy and our desire for fully charged gadgets, it’s not uncommon to see people walking around with mobile battery chargers. If you frequently run out of juice while on the go, it’s time to consider investing in a mobile power station! These small, portable power stations can store enough energy to fully charge your laptop, smartphone, or tablet multiple times.
Whether you need to finish a big project or call on friends to help with an important event, you’ll do so without worrying about your device dying on you! The best for traveling or camping is both efficient and durable. With that in mind, we’ve reviewed the five best mobile power stations on the market in 2023 to help you find the best solution for your needs. These power stations can keep your electronics running all day long!
- Best Mobile Power Station Overall: Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
- Best Mobile Power Station for Camping: ISSOMI Portable Power Station
- Best Budget Option: Westinghouse iGen300s
- Best Compact: ECOFLOW Delta Mini
- Best for Backup: Anker 757 PowerHouse
Best Mobile Power Station Overall: Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
- 518 Wh (24Ah, 21.6V) capacity
- Battery Management System improves the battery life cycle
- Easy to carry with its solid handle
- Weighs 13.3 pounds
- 7 output ports
Experts and customers who have purchased the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500 have given it great ratings for a good reason. A lithium-ion battery pack with a 518 Wh capacity is housed inside its durable design. The Explorer 500 has three USB ports, a 110-volt AC outlet, and two 12-volt DC outlets, making it simple to keep many devices plugged up. A solar panel arrangement that is not included or an AC outlet can be used to charge the Jackery directly.
The Jackery Explorer 500 portable power station stores and delivers electricity as needed. While they are commonly referred to as “generators,” they cannot create energy. This mini power station is ideal for camping, exploring, and living off the grid, as well as during residential power outages caused by natural disasters and extreme weather conditions.
The Jackery Explorer 500 portable power station may be charged using a household power outlet, your car’s cigarette lighter charger, or solar panels.
|Charge cycles||500 cycles to 80% capacity|
|Charge time||Full charge in 7.5h|
|Ports||3 USB-A ports, 2 DC ports, and 1 carport.|
Check out the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500 on Amazon.
Best Mobile Power Station for Camping: ISSOMI Portable Power Station
- High Capacity Power & Multiple Outputs - The power station is equipped with 296Wh lithium-ion battery pack, 1* Wireless Charge port (15W MAX), 4*USB ports(5V 2A) include 1*QC port(45W MAX) , 1*type-C...
- Wireless & Faster Charge - The portable power station with wireless fast charging which can charged more convenient and faster without charging cable. In addition, the solar power portable generator...
- Eco-Friendly & Intelligent Energy-Saving Design - The solar powered generator works without gas and fule. In the condition of no load, the electric generator will automatically shut down for saving...
- 3-levels Adjustable LED Light & Accurate LCD Display - The portable power station can support multi gear brightness adjustment. Long press for 3 seconds to turn on / off, and tap to switch brightness....
- Safe Protection - 2* Pure Sine Wave AC output(Rated power is 300W while peak surge power is 600W)ensure the portable generator works more stable and faster without noise. In addition, the Battery...
ISSOMI Portable Power Station provides portable power in a light, portable, water-resistant, and durable package. This device is the perfect size for camping, and its sleek design will not look out of place in any backpack. This power station has three USB ports and can charge different devices at once. It also comes with an AC outlet for charging your laptop or other electronics. The portable power station also has a retractable cable for storage purposes if needed—perfect for keeping it out of the way when not in use!
With an IP63 rating, this power station is totally sealed against dust and resistant to water spraying. While many portable power units are lightweight enough to bring on a camping trip, the ISSOMI, at less than 11 pounds, is especially well suited for the job. It boasts enough backup power and is dust- and water-resistant to keep your electronics going over an extended camping trip. You may use it to power other low-wattage equipment like a portable projector or a fan to keep you cool at night. It has enough power to charge your phone more than 30 times. However, because there is only one AC port, you can only connect one non-USB device at a time.
|Ports||AC outlet, DC port, Quick Charge 3.0 USB-A, USB-C Power Delivery, 2x USB-A|
|Dimensions||11.41 x 9.05 x 7.28 inches|
Check out the ISSOMI Portable Power Station on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Westinghouse iGen300s
- Charges up to 9 devices at a time that can power up to 40 hours of lights, 3 hours of TV, 14 smartphone charges, 3 laptop charges, 6 drone charges, and 2 nights on select CPAP devices. Pushing 300...
- HOURS & HOURS OF POWER ON A SINGLE CHARGE: 296 Watt-Hours of Li-Ion Battery Capacity - Provides Long-Lasting Power That Charges Smartphones Up to 31 Times, Laptops Up to 12 Times, String Lights Up to...
- LESS WEIGHT, MORE POWER: At 6.35 lb. Lighter Than Jackery with More Watt Hours, Less Space Than Lantern - Easy-To-Carry Design & Slimmer Profile Fits Into Trunk or Travel Duffle – Perfect Small...
- CHARGES AT HOME, ON THE GO, OR IN THE FIELD: Charges to 80% in Less Than 5 Hours Using a Household Outlet or Less Than 7 Hours in the Car or With a Solar Panel (Panel Not Included)
- ECO-FRIENDLY POWER GENERATOR: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint for More Sustainable Lifestyle - No Obnoxious Fumes, No Messy Maintenance, No Noise Pollution - Whisper Quiet Indoor and Outdoor Generator
Westinghouse has always been at the forefront of innovation, and the Westinghouse iGen300s is the perfect example. It’s super convenient and comes with an LED display that lets you know how much power is left on the battery. The company also included a surge protector and voltage regulator for added safety.
This 300 continuous watt electric generator can power important equipment for less than $300. Along with USB connections and normal AC outlets, it also features an embedded flashlight for use in an emergency. You can choose both intermittent and continuous electricity during emergencies thanks to the unit’s ability to be charged using a wall outlet or solar panel.
According to Westinghouse, this device can run a CPAP machine for up to 23 hours and charge a smartphone 31 times. You can see important information on the integrated LCD screen, including battery capacity, charging status, temperature alerts, electrical input and output, and even a USB port monitor, so you can identify problems before they become harmful. If you’re looking for something cheap but still reliable, look no further than the Westinghouse iGen300s!
|Ports||Three USB ports, including USB-C and Quick Charge 3.0 port, one 12V car cigarette outlet, DC outputs, 12V DC input, and two 120V household outlets|
|Dimensions||9.1L x 5W x 8.9H in|
Check out the Westinghouse iGen300s on Amazon.
Best Compact: ECOFLOW Delta Mini
- 1.6 Hrs X-Stream Fast Charging. Ecoflow portable generator that hits 80% in under 1hr. Or, use it as a solar generator for clean solar charging and get up to 300W solar input with MPPT optimization.
- Power Almost Anything. More possibilities open up when you bring along 1400W for up to 12 devices. Great as an outdoor generator or for backup power. Use X-Boost and you can even power 1800W devices.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse. Ecoflow DELTA mini is a electric genrator packing 882Wh into a light 23.6lbs design. Take power to any outdoor environment, go camping or travel.
- Play it Safe, Go all out. Confidence comes when you know your generator can take care of its own. The battery management system keeps Ecoflow portable power station performing its best when voltage,...
- Smarter with the App. The EcoFlow app shows how much solar you're bringing in and how many watts your slow cooker and mini-fridge are pulling. Connect it to the internet and control it from anywhere.
If you’re looking for a compact, portable power station that can go anywhere, ECOFLOW Delta Mini is the best choice. This is an excellent option if you’re on the go and need a power source but don’t want to be lugging around an entire generator. It’s lightweight and small enough to fit in your car or backpack, so you’ll never have an excuse not to bring it with you.
There are smaller and more powerful solutions, but the Delta Mini offers high continuous output, a huge battery capacity, and a wide range of input and output ports. It does all of this in a package small enough to stash in your closet for emergencies or toss in your car or RV for a road trip.
The Delta Mini weighs roughly 23 pounds and features a large 882-watt-hour battery capable of charging your phone and laptop during an extended power outage or powering your hairdryer, microwave, or even portable air conditioning unit for a short period. If you’re concerned about an impending storm knocking out your electricity, this power station features a fast-charge feature that can take up to 30 minutes. The sole drawback to this power station is that it lacks creature conveniences such as wireless phone charging and has no built-in emergency light.
|Ports||5x AC outlets, 3x USB-A, USB-C, 12V car, 2x 12V DC barrel|
|Dimensions||14.9 x 7.2 x 9.4 inches|
Check out the ECOFLOW Delta Mini on Amazon.
Best Mobile Power Station for Backup: Anker 757 PowerHouse
- Durable and portable power station with a 10-year lifespan
- Impact-resistant design, smart temperature control system
- Recharges to 80% in just 1 hour
- Can power small appliances and essential devices
- Three charging cables (solar, car, and AC) in the package
The Anker 757 PowerHouse is one of the best mobile power stations you can buy today. It has a high-capacity battery and can charge your phone or tablet multiple times before it goes flat. Thanks to its ergonomic design, this device won’t take up too much space in your bag or backpack. And with its USB ports, you can easily charge multiple devices simultaneously.
Compared to the more popular Li-ion batteries, its battery has a more recent LiFePO4 composition. In addition to lasting five to six times longer than Li-ion batteries, this battery type may also be safer. LiFePO4-donned devices can operate for 3,000 cycles, longer than the industry standard of 500 cycles. Anker backs this power station with a five-year warranty, three years more than many competing products.
Most power plants include a “UPS Mode” to provide backup power to key equipment parts during power outages. You connect the power station to a wall outlet and the equipment to the power station. When UPS mode is enabled, the power station will activate and use its internal battery to power your devices. However, before you go out and replace your present UPS units with one of them, you should know that it is nearly identical to a UPS.
A specialized UPS can have a transfer time ranging from 0 milliseconds to 12 milliseconds, with most aiming for 8 milliseconds or less. Anker claims the transfer time is “less than 20ms.” That’s fantastic in terms of portable power stations. Explore a different solution if you need a dedicated UPS to protect a critical piece of technology or a critical medical device.
|Ports||6 AC ports, 4 USB-A ports, 2 USB-C ports, and a car outlet.|
|Dimensions||18.22″L x 9.34″W x 11.34″H|
Check out the Anker 757 PowerHouse on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Mobile Power Stations: Step by Step
Portable power stations allow you to charge your devices on the go. Whether you’re traveling or just too busy to plug in, these power stations are great for giving you the boost you need to get through the day. To find the best mobile power station for you, consider these factors:
- Battery type
- Charging cycles
Let’s explore each in more detail.
How much energy can your preferred battery store? High capacity power banks can hold a lot of charge. Others are more compact but have been designed for smaller devices such as cell phones, so they may only hold enough charge for one or two phone charges. A battery with a higher capacity will last longer than a battery with less capacity.
150Wh of portable power will be an overkill if you want to charge a few phones and light a few LED lamps for a few hours. On the other hand, prepare to spend more money for higher wattage if you anticipate using electricity for several days or if you need to run larger appliances. You can even get portable power stations that produce 4000-5000Wh.
Power stations are merely big batteries with extremely sophisticated management and charging technologies. Most products offer Lithium-ion batteries – the industry standard – although some use lithium-iron phosphate batteries, which last longer and can withstand higher temperatures.
The charging cycle refers to the number of times you can use your mobile power station before it needs to be replaced or repaired. The longer your battery will last between charges, the less likely you’ll have to replace it. For this reason, you should look for a charger that can handle at least 500 cycles per battery.
Some mobile power stations come with special ports that allow you to connect them directly to your car’s cigarette lighter socket or 12V accessory port (if applicable). These ports can be useful if you want to charge multiple devices simultaneously or have limited space inside your car’s interior. Some models even come with built-in surge protectors and USB ports so that you can use them as an additional source of electricity while driving down the road without having to worry about draining your vehicle’s battery.
The size of your power station is one of the most important factors when choosing a mobile power station. You want a large enough power station to deliver enough power to your devices and appliances, but not so big that your RV won’t fit in the space where you plan to park it. Larger units may be too heavy to lug around if you plan hiking or trekking. Smaller units are great if you need something small that can fit inside your bag or purse without taking up too much space.
What to Know Before Buying a Mobile Power Station
Your goal when purchasing a power station is to find the one that best suits your needs. Consider how often you’ll be using it, what devices you’ll charge with it, and how much power you want to take on the go. If you plan to use the charger infrequently, you can get away with an under-200-watt power supply.
But if this will be your primary device for recharging electronics while on the go, we recommend getting at least 300 watts of output. Make sure that whichever model you choose will accommodate all of your devices’ chargers (USB Type A or C). Lastly, look for a warranty in case something goes wrong. Check reviews before buying to know which models work best for people like you.
Using the Best Mobile Power Station: What it’s Like
Mobile power stations are great for outdoor use. They are lightweight, portable, and easy to set up. You can easily set them up anywhere you want. They come in different sizes and shapes, so you can find one that fits your needs. But before buying one, make sure you know what you need from it so that you don’t get anything that’s not useful. The last thing you want on a camping trip is to have your phone run out of battery and not be able to charge it.
Interested in more reviews? Click on the articles below:
- The 4 Fastest Drones On the Market Today: They’ve been manufactured to respond to your need for speed. Discover just how fast they can go, and what other impressive features they come with.
- The 5 Best Windows Sound Equalizers: Behind every excellent auditory experience is an awesome sound equalizer. Find out the very best which will help you get the most out of that sound card and those speakers.
- The 6 Best Tires For The Tesla Model X (Range, Price, and Performance): What are the best all season options, the best tires for winter, the best budget option? The answers to these questions and more are provided here.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©marekuliasz/Shutterstock.com.