While charging stands have been around for years, MagSafe chargers were first introduced with the iPhone 12. But they have changed the game — making charging all of your iPhone accessories and your phone itself easy and convenient.
For many users, choosing one of the best MagSafe stands includes focusing on budget, charging capability, and efficiency. So which one should you choose? Here are the best MagSafe stands in 2022:
- Best Overall: Belkin MagSafe 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Stand
- Best Budget Option: Anker Wireless Charging Stand
- Best for Travel: OMOTON Foldable Phone Stand Holder & Charger
- Best Multitasking Choice: HaloLock™ 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with CryoBoost
- Most Durable: Courant Essentials Wireless Charging Stand
Best Overall MagSafe Stand: Belkin MagSafe 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Stand
- Compatible with iPhones with MagSafe, plus Apple Watch and AirPods with wireless charging
- Charge multiple devices simultaneously
- Up to 15W charging
- Two-year limited warranty
- Tabletop mount
When it comes to third-party accessories, Belkin MagSafe 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Stand is one of the top options. They were one of the first companies to create a MagSafe stand when the iPhone 12 was released back in 2020.
Their 3-in-1 MagSafe Wireless Charger has an arm to rest your Apple Watch, a stand for your iPhone (models 12 and later), and a built-in wireless charger so you can charge your AirPods, all at the same time.
While the stand has an incredible magnetic strip to hold and charge your phone, testing has shown that heavier phones (Pro versions) or those with cases may be too heavy and will fall after some time. But mini version iPhones should work really well with the stand!
Check out the Belkin MagSafe 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Stand on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Anker Wireless Charging Stand
- Power 2 devices at once
- You can adjust the viewing angle up to 40°
- Strong magnetic connection and easy alignment for uninterrupted charging
- Two LEDs on the charging base
MagSafe stands can be costly, but there are a few budget-friendly options for consumers looking to save. The 2-in-1 Anker Wireless Charging Stand is the ultimate choice when it comes to affordable stands. Quick note, however, it only works with iPhone models 13 or later.
The strong magnetic connection on the stand makes it easy to charge your phone, and the best can charge AirPods at the same time. The two LEDs on the charging base provide a fast visual of the charging state. They flash white when your accessories are fully charged.
It also includes a 5ft USB-C to USB-C charging cable and an 18-month warranty. The charging surface can be adjusted so you can use your phone in landscape or portrait mode. A big caveat with this stand is that it charges slower than the others on this list, only offering the minimum MagSafe 7.5W of charging.
Check out the Anker Wireless Charging Stand on Amazon.
Best MagSafe Stand for Travel: OMOTON Foldable Phone Stand Holder & Charger
- NOTE: JUST A STAND! (Charger for MagSafe NOT included) The cell phone stand is ONLY compatible with original Apple MagSafe charger for iPhone 15 / 14 / 13 Pro Max / 13 Pro / 13 mini / iPhone 12 / 12...
- FOLDABLE & PORTABLE: The cell phone stand collapses flatly to effortlessly fit in bags and even pockets. You can take it anywhere at anytime
- ADJUSTABLE VIEWING ANGLE: Featuring dual shafts, this stand for MagSafe charger easily adjusts up to 270 degrees to satisfy all your viewing needs. It keeps your hands free when you watch videos, play...
- SIMPLE OPERATION: The charger for MagSafe(not included) will firmly adsorb your iPhone placed in portrait or landscape position. You can place and remove the phone in a breeze when you want to
- STURDY & ANTI-SCRATCH: Made of premium, reinforced aluminum alloy, the stand supports your iPhone steadily without any wobbling or falling. Silicone pads safeguard your MagSafe charger and iPhone...
If you need a MagSafe charging stand that’s easy to use during travel, look no further than the OMOTON Foldable Phone Stand Holder & Charger. The charger can be folded down and tucked into a small bag, or even your pocket, so you can carry it everywhere you go.
The main drawback of this stand is that it does not come with a built-in charger. Due to its travel capabilities, you’ll need your own MagSafe charger, cord, or case in order to use it to charge your phone. But, considering it’s under $20 and made of premium aluminum alloy with silicone pads, you can be sure it will be a sturdy and scratch-free surface to charge your phone with.
Check out the OMOTON Foldable Phone Stand Holder & Charger on Amazon.
Best Multitasking Choice: HaloLock™ 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with CryoBoost
- CryoBoost Fast Charging: phone-cooling fan and heat-dissipating tech combine to keep your phone cool and charging speeds at their maximum
- The Fastest Magnetic Charging: charges your phone faster while watching videos than any other MagSafe charger; power adapter with 1.5 m (5 ft) cable included
- 3-in-1 Magnetic Charging: charge your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch all in one place; only compatible with iPhone 15/14/13/12 series, AirPods Pro/3/2, and Apple Watch USB-A and USB-C charging...
- Secure Adjustable View: powerful magnets provide 1,000 g holding force for your phone, while the 360° magnetic ring lets you easily switch between portrait and landscape modes and the adjustable ball...
- Sleep-Friendly: enable dark charging mode with the press of a button to turn off the status light for uninterrupted sleep while you charge; CryoBoost fast charging not supported in dark charging mode
While our overall choice is also a 3-in-1 charger, this HaloLock™ 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with CryoBoost from ESR is the best multi-tasker due to a few key features. First, the stand offers “CryoBoost” charging.
Even though it charges your phone fast with 10W of charging speed, it also keeps your phone cool. It can charge your iPhone (14/13/12 series), AirPods, and Apple Watch all at the same time.
The stand also offers a strong 360-degree magnetic ring, making switching between portrait and landscape modes simple. And it has a sleep-friendly mode so it will charge your device without the backlighting that can disturb sleep. The biggest con is that if you do have an Apple Watch that you want to charge, you’ll need to supply your own charger.
Check out the HaloLock™ 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with CryoBoost on Amazon.
Most Durable MagSafe Stand: Courant Essentials Wireless Charging Stand
- LUXURY DESIGN MEETS HIGH TECH: Custom made to elevate tech to a new design level. We add high-end Belgian Linen, paired with a matte, color-matched frame and soft-touch color matched cable to our...
- SNAP, CHARGE AND USE: Simultaneously use and charge your iPhone with the no-hassle, strong magnetic hold of our charger. Snap your MagSafe iPhone horizontally or vertically to the charger for hands...
- FAST, EFFORTLESS MAGSAFE-COMPATIBLE CHARGING: Our charging stand has two built-in charging areas. The top magnetic charger lets you easily snap on a MagSafe iPhone for up to 7.5W fast charging. The 5W...
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Our high-quality Belgian Linen is produced using the gold standard of environmental conscious methods. It has the highest rating of product safety and social responsibility...
- HOME DECOR INSPIRED DESIGN: Its premium materials and compact design seamlessly blends into your home decor and lifestyle. It is ideal for end tables, desktops or where space savings is top of mind.
The Courant Essentials Wireless Charging Stand is not only one of the most durable options out there, but it also comes in multiple colors for those who want style and a sturdy charger. It offers a heavier base and a strong magnetic strip on the stand to keep your phone in place all night.
You can charge your iPhone (models 12 and later) on the stand and use the base to charge your AirPods. The stand is adjustable for verticle and horizontal viewing. Courant’s biggest downfall is that it only offers 7.5W of fast charging.
For the price you pay, you’d expect to get faster charging, but this stand offers the minimum. And the base only offers 5W of charging, so keep that in mind if you’re consistently in a hurry. The base is also not magnetic, so it offers no security if you’re using it to charge another phone wirelessly.
Check out the Courant Essentials Wireless Charging Stand on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best MagSafe Stand: Step by Step
When you’re trying to look for the best MagSafe stand, there are two main elements to keep in mind. The first is the stand’s charging speed. MagSafe chargers were designed to charge your iPhone quickly and safely with charging speeds of up to 15W. The minimum charging speed of a MagSafe stand should be at least 7.5W to ensure proper and fast charging.
The second component to focus on is the connectivity and magnetic strength of the stand. MagSafe chargers need a magnetic force to keep your phone mounted and stable while charging.
And certain models, like the iPhone 14 Pro, are heavy. Thus, they require a stand that has a magnet for phones weighing at least 1000g. If you have an iPhone Mini, this may not be as big of a concern. But iPhone Pros and phones with cases will require a stronger magnetic strip.
What to Know Before Buying MagSafe Stands
Before you start looking for one of the best MagSafe stands, keep in mind that you’ll need at least an iPhone 12/13/14 model. These are currently the only phones that use MagSafe charging.
While AirPods and Apple Watches can also use these MagSafe stands (especially 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 options), they will only charge between 5W and 7.5W instead of the 15W fast charging option. Also, remember that, currently, there is only one Apple-approved third-party MagSafe charger, which is the Belkin charger that we have listed above.
In other words, using the other chargers on this list should be done at your own risk, because they are not Apple-approved. While that’s usually not a problem, and these chargers are still safe to use, Apple may not repair your battery or phone if they know you used an unapproved charger.
Using the Best MagSafe Stands: What it’s Like
MagSafe stands provide reliable and fast charging for iPhone models 12 and later. While there are many brands on the market, the best MagSafe stands will offer a mixture of affordability and durability, while also making it easy to charge your phone and accessories if needed.
To ensure that you’re picking the best MagSafe stand for your needs, you’ll want to read reviews and see what the stand offers in terms of charging and function.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©History-Computer.com/.