- The Belkin MagSafe Car Vent is the only MagSafe car mount that Apple itself recommends and sells on its website.
- A good budget option is the Spigen Mag Fit, which provides a secure hold and grip, but doesn’t come with a MagSafe charger or power adapter.
- The adapter and cable of the fast-charging ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless Car Charger support up to 18W of charging power.
Phone car mounts are not a new concept. But with the introduction of MagSafe to iPhones, car mounts have become a lot more interesting. Just snap the magnets together and be ready to listen to music, GPS, and track mileage to heart’s content without worrying about running out of battery.
After testing out different mounts, we’re happy to present the results. Here are the 6 best MagSafe car mounts that can charge while driving:
- Best Overall: Belkin MagSafe Car Vent Mount PRO
- Most Durable: Mous MagSafe Compatible Charging Vent Mount
- Best Fast Charging: ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless Car Charger
- Best Minimal: Compatible Car Phone Magnetic Charging
- Best Dashboard Mount: Anker Magnetic Wireless Charge (MagGo)
- Best Budget: Spigen Mag Fit Phone Holder Car Mount Designed for Magsafe
Best Overall: Belkin MagSafe Car Vent
- Compatible with iPhone 12-14 and certified MagSafe Cases
- Powerful magnet keeps phone secure while vehicle is in motion
- Built-in cable management system
- Charge in any orientation
- Charging cable and power supply sold separately
The Belkin MagSafe Car Vent is the only MagSafe car mount that Apple itself recommends and sells on its website. From our testing, we can see why the magnet holds the phone sturdily in place. Its swivel design allows you to easily switch between portrait and landscape. Although the mount itself does not offer wireless charging, it does have convenient charging cable storage that makes plugging in your phone before you go easy.
Check out the Belkin MagSafe Car Vent on Amazon.
Most Durable: Mous MagSafe Compatible Charging Vent Mount
- CASE COMPATIBILITY - Our compatible with MagSafe car mount charger can be used with all iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 models. Designed for use with all Mous MagSafe compatible cases, Infinity and Limitless...
- MAGSAFE COMPATIBILITY - Your phone will seamlessly connect with our MagSafe compatible wireless car charger mount, so you get uninterrupted charging while you drive whether it's in or out of your Mous...
- SECURE CONNECTION - Our compatible with Mag Safe car holder and charger uses a magnetic connection to attach your phone to the charger securely. The vent clip has mechanical locking silicon-covered...
- TOTAL FUNCTIONALITY - Engineered with a magnetic arrangement that works in both portrait and landscape viewing, our compatible with MagSafe car charger gives you hands-free functionality at a viewing...
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY – MagSafe compatible wireless charging car vent mount has a 2 year warranty.
The Mous MagSafe Compatible Charging Vent Mount mount will go anywhere regardless of the terrain you are driving over. It is a vent mount, but with an adjustable thumb screw that lets you tighten it down on your vent. From our testing, this mount did not so much as jiggle once it was mounted. This mount does offer wireless charging, and there is a case you can get from Mous that makes the magnetic connection even stronger.
Check out the Mous MagSafe Mount on Amazon.
Best Fast Charging: ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless Car Charger
- Fast Charging: intelligent heat management and 36W car adapter enable speeds nearly identical to official MagSafe chargers; only compatible with iPhone 15/14/13/12 series phones
- Secure Magnetic Lock: powerful magnets with 1,400 g of holding force and a non-slip silicone ring keep your phone securely in place, even when driving on bumpy roads; an official MagSafe case or ESR...
- Ready for Navigation: single-handedly switch between portrait and landscape for easy navigation
- Stable Vent Mount: strong vent clip and support arm provide enhanced mounting stability
- Everything You Need to Fast Charge: HaloLock Magnetic Wireless Car Charger, 36W QC 3.0 Dual Port USB-A Car Adapter, air vent clip, 3.3 ft (1 m) USB-A to USB-C cable, and manual
The ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless Car Charger offers incredible charging speed and everything you need to get going for a very reasonable price. It is priced at $37.79, that is for the mount itself, a USB-C to USB-A cable, and a charging adapter. The adapter and cable support up to 18W of charging power, and the mount is compatible with most horizontal or vertical air vents. Unfortunately, we could not get it to work with diagonal vents.
Check out the ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless Car Charger on Amazon.
- Compatible with iPhone 12-14 and certified MagSafe Cases
- Includes 20W USB-C power delivery 3.0 car power supply,
- Up to 10W fast charging
- Powerful magnet keeps devices secure while driving
- Charge in any orientation
The Compatible Car Phone Magnetic Charging car mount is the most simple and elegant way to deliver up to 10W of charging power to your phone in your car. This mount will easily blend into your car’s design, and the convenient cable management system will make hiding the charging cable simple. If you already have a power adapter and cable you can use, you can also get the mount for a reasonable price of $39.99.
Check out the Belkin MagSafe Compatible Car Phone Magnetic Charging Mount on Amazon.
Best Dashboard Mount: Anker Magnetic Wireless Charge (MagGo)
Anker is one of our favorite brands regarding chargers and various mounts. The MagGo is no different in this situation. This is the only one on the list that offers a dashboard mount. The 3M pad that comes included from testing this mount works phenomenally, but you might want to be aware of higher temperatures that can affect the adhesive. With an adjustable arm, you can get a wide variety of viewing angles with this mount, making it easy to check the following direction from your GPS.
Check out the Anker Magnetic Wireless Charge (MagGo) on Amazon.
- Low profile design with 360-degree optimal viewing
- *When using a Case, Use only with Mag safe Compatible Cases
- Timeless and lightweight fit for any vehicle vent
- Easy installation with removable and residue free tape (extra tape included)
- *Charger not included , *Requires USB-C Car Charger
If you are looking to save money but still have a convenient way to mount and charge your phone, the Spigen Mag Fit is a perfect “fit” for you. It provides a secure hold and grip. However, it doesn’t come with a MagSafe charger and power adapter. If you already own these two, Spigen will turn those into excellent car mounts. Of course, this mount isn’t ideal for everyone, but the Spigen Mag Fit makes a lot of sense for the right person. It lets you reuse components you might not be using.
Spigen Mag Fit on Amazon.
How To Pick Out The Best MagSafe Car Mount For You
Luckily and Unluckily, there is a ton of options when it comes to MagSafe car mounts. However, there are a couple of things you want to keep in mind while going through the pages or results.
- Does it offer wireless charging?
- How does it mount to your car?
Does It Offer Wireless Charging?
Wireless charging is not necessary for everyone, so you have to measure what matters more to you when making the decision. For example, our best overall mount, the Belkin MagSafe mount, does not offer wireless charging, but its other features outweigh that.
If you need a whole kit with wireless charging and all the components, make sure your mount includes everything you need. But if you want to ensure the mount is durable, like the Mous MagSafe mount, over the ability to charge, you will not value its charging ability as much as its mount design.
How Does it Mount To Your Car?
Every car is different, and not everybody’s phone position is the same. For example, some vehicles might have a center console with the perfect positioning for a phone to be mounted, but for some, you will need to put the mount on your dash to see it easily.
We recommend that before purchasing any car mount, sit in your driver’s seat and imagine how your phone will be mounted in an ideal world. Some mounts go in your vent, on your dashboard, or even stuck to your windshield. So do not limit yourself to the traditional vent mount. There are plenty of options out there.
Price is the end all be all when it comes to all purchases. If you find a mount that fits all your needs, it will be worth spending a little more on it. But if you find one that only hits some of your needs, we recommend not paying more than your budget. Go through the two factors above first, then set a price point that you would like to hit, and you can narrow down your results quickly.
- How To Pair Apple Watch In 4 Steps (With Photos) — Learn how to sync your Apple Watch to other devices in this helpful guide.
- Just How Big is Tesla’s Gigafactory in Texas? — It’s rumored to be the largest building in the world, and is also powered by renewable energy, with the goal of achieving net zero energy.
- iPad vs Samsung Tablets: Full Comparison, Specs, Which Is Better — If you’re shopping for tablets, two contenders worth comparing are the iPad and the Samsung tablets.