Although iPhone 14 is out, the iPhone 13 range still packs a powerful punch. iPhone 13 and 13 Pro are similar in many aspects, but the Pro has a stainless steel design instead of aluminum, more memory and longer battery life. Other key differences include better zoom capabilities, a telephoto lens, better peak brightness and an adaptive refresh rate.
If you decide to go with the iPhone 13 Pro, chances are you will be looking at cases next. And if you’re after a new case, you may want to go with a Magsafe-compatible model. These are very useful if you’re a frequent user of MagSafe accessories and wireless charging, as you don’t have to remove the case to take advantage of them. While iPhone 13 and 13 Pro have the same display size, the cases have different dimensions due. Below are the best iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe cases for your device in 2023.
- Best Overall: Speck CandyShell Pro
- Best for Affordability: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Mag
- Best for Protection: Casetify Bounce Case
- Best Leather: Snakehive Metro Leather
- Best Waterproof: OtterBox Frē Series
Best Overall iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Case: Speck CandyShell Pro
- Display size: 6.1 inches.Dual-layer perimeter provides 8-Foot Drop Protection
- Scratch-resistant soft-touch coating
- Raised bezel resists screen damage from face-down drops
- Slim, pocket-friendly design
- Microban antimicrobial protection gives a 99% reduction in bacteria on the case for a cleaner surface
The CandyShell Pro from Speck is a great case that can protect your phone screen well. It has raised bezels, and offers 8-foot drop protection, which is sufficient for most uses.
The matte finish is minimalist and gives a good grip, helping to prevent drops from happening in the first place. Antimicrobial protection is also included, which helps cut down on germs. Different color options are available, from understated to vibrant, so there’s something for every taste. The CandyShell Pro is a light yet sturdy case and affordable compared to other options, considering its Magsafe compatibility.
Check out the Speck CandyShell Pro on Amazon.
Best for Affordability iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Case: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Mag
- Magnet integrated shock absorption clear PC back case
- Raised lip to protects screen and camera
- Tactile buttons for solid feedback and an easy press
- Air Cushion Technology for shock absorption
- iPhone 13 Pro Case Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro (2021)
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Mag is quite affordable, with a clear black and white option. A raised lip provides screen protection, and shock absorption is incorporated, but there’s no drop rating.
Spigen cases are generally regarded well for protection but have more protective options on sale. The case isn’t reported to be resistant to discoloration, so this is something to bear in mind. The Ultra Hybrid Mag isn’t without its faults but is still quite cheap for a Magsafe-compatible case with tactile buttons and a pleasant design.
Check out Spigen Ultra Hybrid Mag on Amazon.
Best for Protection iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Case: Casetify Bounce Case
- Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro Only (6.1" Screen Size)
- Y2K-inspired fashion
- Water resistant material
- Wireless Charging Compatible
- Raised bezel for screen protection
Although the Casetify Bounce Case isn’t the cheapest, it makes up for this with its excellent protective features. Offering huge drop protection of 13 feet, this case protects your phone in virtually all scenarios.
Shock absorption will help prevent damage no matter which angles your phone collides at due to the large bumpers on the edges and corners. As expected, camera protection is included with a raised bumper around the lens.
As well as the cost, the premium protection doesn’t lend itself to a streamlined case, as it’s quite bulky. You don’t get color options either, but if you’re in the market for the most defensive case possible, this is a solid choice.
Check out the Casetify Bounce Case on Amazon.
Best Leather iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Case: Snakehive Metro Leather
- DESIGNED IN THE UK AND HANDCRAFTED IN TURKEY ✅: British design and Turkish leather artisan craftsmanship. Because only the best will do.
- HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL KICKSTAND ✅: Perfect for TV in transit and wobble-free Facetime.
- MAGSAFE COMPATIBLE ✅: For clever charging and designed for the iPhone 13 Pro 6.1” screen only.
- DROP AND SCRATCH PROTECTION ✅: Soft-touch silicone phone-holder with cut-outs in all the right places for buttons & ports.
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE ✅: Built to last, this leather wallet case comes with a 12-month warranty and a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
The Snakehive Metro Leather case from Snakehive comes with almost everything you would want in a leather case. You can choose from typical black and brown to bolder colors like red, green and blue.
The case’s grip is great, helping to prevent those annoying falls, but drop-resistance and scratch-resistance are included. The case is also Magsafe-compatible, which is impressive for a leather case.
The buttons are easy to access due to the precise cut-outs, but the edges aren’t raised too much compared to other models. Nevertheless, the case does a good job of protecting the phone and doubles as a kickstand. This is a lovely addition for hands-free viewing and FaceTime on the go.
Check out the Snakehive Metro Leather case on Amazon.
Best Waterproof iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Case: OtterBox Frē Series
- Compatible with iPhone 14
- WaterProof and submersible to 2 meters for 1 hour
- Made with 60% recycled plastic
- Slim, sleek design follows your phone’s precision lines AND works with Magsafe
- Proper installation of a LifeProof product is important to successful use so please review the installation video and check the user manual to ensure correct installation Includes LifeProof 1-year...
A large and bulky case, the Frē Series from OtterBox provides adequate waterproof protection.
While not as protective as other waterproof models, it’s much more affordable as these tend to command the highest prices. You get up to 2 meters of water protection for 1 hour, which is great for underwater photography in the pool or by the beach. The built-in screen protector is also a nice touch.
Coupled with the MagSafe compatibility, this case from OtterBox is a great choice for a waterproof case and has a sleek design considering its hefty size. The fact it’s made from mostly recycled plastics is also a bonus for those conscious of their environmental impact.
Check out the OtterBox Frē Series case on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Case: Step by Step
Getting a case for your phone is a no-brainer, but there’s a lot to consider. Keep these factors when shopping for a new case:
We’re going to have a closer look at these.
Sleek and clear cases are fashionable, but those with bolder tastes may prioritize a more unique and colorful design. Many models come in different colors, but these do vary greatly. You can get a black or white case if you care less about looks. In any case, drop and scratch protection are great factors to look for.
Low-cost cases are certainly attractive, but it may be better to weigh your options before buying the cheapest one. If you regularly use your phone at extreme heights or in harsh conditions, the protective features should be your priority. After all, it’s cheaper to get a good quality case than replace your phone entirely. On the other hand, if your phone pretty much spends its time in your pocket or on your desk, a cheaper case for more casual usage may be your best bet.
Some will need the most sturdy case possible, especially those using theirs in underwater situations. If this is the case, make sure your case is waterproof and fully wraps around your phone. It’s also important to carefully observe the installation instructions to ensure a secure fit. Leather cases can develop lovely finishes over time, but this largely depends on the leather quality. Many cases offer protection from falls and scratches, but check if this is important to you. Leather, TPU (thermal polyurethane) and polycarbonate-based cases tend to be the sturdiest.
MagSafe compatibility is a big benefit for most people, as useful for wireless charging and daily accessory usage. All the reviewed cases are MagSafe-compatible but differ in other functionality elements. Cases like the Metro Leather double as a kickstand could be essential if you regularly watch movies or FaceTime while traveling. Waterproof cases are similarly desirable for water lovers, while many will prefer a wallet case for storing a few cards and some cash.
What to Know Before Buying the Best iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Cases
Any case is a significant investment, so it’s good to be sure of your choice before buying. Be clear about the design, style, and level of protection you’ll get. The texture and thickness are also important, as these greatly affect the feel of the phone and the likelihood you may drop it. MagSafe cases aren’t always the cheapest, but you can find some affordable ones. Depending on your use, you may want to splash out for a waterproof or kickstand case.
Using the Best iPhone 13 Pro MagSafe Cases: What it’s Like
Using extremely protective, leather or waterproof cases can be cumbersome. They’re generally the bulkiest cases around. Some people prefer this type. However, many will opt for a thinner case, which looks great but can be slippery if they don’t have a good grip. How often and where you use your phone will largely determine your choice. No one wants their phone to be prematurely damaged by heights or water exposure. Some cases, particularly some plastic cases, also require more regular cleaning than others, so dust resistance is also something to consider.
- The 5 Best MagSafe Chargers – Reviewed and Ranked – Looking for the best MagSafe charger for your iPhone? Check this article out.
- The 5 Best MagSafe iPhone 13 Pro Max Cases – Maybe you’ve gone for the Max version of the iPhone 13 Pro instead? Find the best MagSafe cases for this model here.
- The 5 Best MagSafe Stands – If you’re after a wireless charging stand for your iPhone, check out the best ones we’ve reviewed by clicking the link.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Yalcin Sonat/Shutterstock.com.