Even with the iPhone 14 being available, the iPhone 13 is still a powerful smartphone. Many people will be looking to upgrade to the newest model from Apple, but most will still get a lot of use out of an iPhone 13. One of the best features of the iPhone 13 is undoubtedly its MagSafe capabilities.
The latest version of MagSafe is included in the iPhone 13, just as it is with the 14, so that’s good news. The nifty technology incorporates a ring of magnets into the back of the phone. This allows users to securely attach a MagSafe charger for wireless charging, as well as a variety of other accessories.
Not all cases are compatible with MagSafe, though, so it’s essential to keep this in mind when buying a case. To this end, we’ve checked out the best iPhone 13 MagSafe cases and listed them below.
- Best Overall: Speck CandyShell Pro Case
- Best Budget Option: SteepLab Eco Warrior Case
- Best for Protection: Case-Mate Soap Bubble Case
- Best Leather: Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case
- Best Wallet Case: Twelve South BookBook
Best Overall iPhone 13 MagSafe Case: Speck CandyShell Pro Case
- Dual-layer perimeter provides 8-Foot Drop Protection. This case does not fit the iPhone 13 Pro.
- Designed with precise magnets that are proven to work reliably with all Apple MagSafe accessories
- Raised bezel resists screen damage from face-down drops
- Slim, pocket-friendly design
- Microban antimicrobial protection gives a 99% reduction in bacteria on the case for a cleaner surface
Those looking for a sleek case with a matte finish will be interested in the Speck CandyShell Pro Case. The case is rather minimalist but comes in a range of colors from vivid to muted. It isn’t all about the design, though, as the case features some great protection as well.
Raised bezels protect the screen from accidental drops, and the texture is easy to grip and hold. Rest assured that if you do drop your phone, it’s protected up to 8 feet. There’s even antimicrobial protection built into the case, which is handy for keeping it hygienic.
The CandyShell Pro is a great case that’s as protective as it is lightweight. The price isn’t that high either, especially for a case with MagSafe compatibility.
Check out Speck CandyShell Pro Case on Amazon.
Best Budget iPhone 13 MagSafe Case: SteepLab Eco Warrior Case
- FIGHT THE STATUS QUO - choose a case that makes a statement about your contribution of our future. Contains 0% plastic in 100% of the product (SGS and DIN certified compostable and biodegradable). Go...
- SUPER SLIM PROFILE - measures only 0.05” (1.35 mm), use it, grip it, carry it every day with ease! Thin enough to allow most wireless and magnetic charging.
- UNIQUE SPECKLE PATTERN - made with recycled material plant fiber: every case is different, just like us.
- FUTURE CONSCIOUS PACKAGING - hand wrapped in 100% recycled kraft paper, also makes it a great gift. Guilt-free unwrapping.
- 100% Satisfaction guaranteed | We are Texas based, feel free to reach out!
When your budget is your priority, the SteepLab Eco Warrior Case from SteepLab doesn’t disappoint. It comes in a lot cheaper than many other MagSafe cases. Color choices are rather simple, but each option is speckled which adds to a nice finish.
This is due to the fact the Eco Warrior is plastic-free, being made entirely from recycled plant fibers. As such, it’s completely biodegradable, which is something that can’t be said for most cases. Despite this, the case is surprisingly sturdy, but not as protective as some other options.
Even for those who aren’t as environmentally conscious, the Eco Warrior is still a great choice if you don’t want a plastic or leather case. As a very affordable, Magsafe-compatible, and sustainable case, it’s definitely worth a look.
Check out SteepLab Eco Warrior Case on Amazon.
Best for Protection: Case-Mate Soap Bubble Case
- Soap Bubble: Simple yet stunning! This soap bubble case for iPhone 13 creates an iridescent swirl effect that varies based on light reflections and device color to give you a dreamy vibe
- 10 FT Drop Protection: Superior impact & shock absorbing materials with soft cushion corners are used in this protective case to safeguard your iPhone 13 against drops, bumps, dirt, or scratches with...
- Premium Materials: This iPhone 13 phone case is meticulously crafted with premium materials to provide a rich look as well as protection for your device; Durable construction and high-quality...
- MagSafe Compatible Wireless Charging: This iPhone 13 cover case has perfectly aligned strong built-in magnets that make wireless charging faster and easier, also works well with all the MagSafe...
- Package Contents: 1 Unit of Case-Mate iPhone 13 Case - Soap Bubble (fits iPhone 13 only) and Lifetime Warranty
If you want a protective case that still makes a statement, the Case-Mate Soap Bubble Case may be the one for you. From florals to glitter and swirled iridescent finishes, there’s a bold style to suit every taste. Not limited to purely aesthetics, this case has full MagSafe support for use with all your favorite accessories.
As well as being a MagSafe Case, the Soap Bubble offers excellent protection. The case can withstand a drop of up to 10 feet due to its shock-absorbing technology and is coated with antimicrobial protection too.
Imperfections won’t show up for a long time due to the scratch-resistant design. If you’re looking for an eye-catching finish as well as a lightweight and protective design, the Soap Bubble will suit your needs.
Check out Case-Mate Soap Bubble Case on Amazon.
Best Leather iPhone 13 MagSafe Case: Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case
- ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH iPhone 13
- ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM PROTECTION - Ultra-protective with AiroShock impact absorbing technology.
- MAGSAFE COMPATIBLE - Designed from the ground-up to be fully compatible with the world of MagSafe.
- THINNER THAN EVER - Our thinnest Limitless case ever, for minimal bulk in maximum style.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - All Mous cases come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Fans of leather will be impressed with the Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case. Not only does this case have a high-quality finish, but it also protects the phone from falls due to its AiroShock technology. Having been put through heavy testing, this case is sure to prevent extreme damage to your phone.
Those looking for leather that ages and changes with time won’t get this with the Mous, but it still has many benefits. The design is timeless, and the case connects easily with MagSafe accessories due to its integrated magnets. As one of the thinnest offerings from Mous, this case does a fantastic job of being rugged, reliable, and practical.
Check out Mous Limitless 4.0 iPhone 13 Case on Amazon.
Best Wallet iPhone 13 MagSafe Case: Twelve South BookBook
- PREMIUM MATERIALS AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: BookBook is hand finished out of full-grain leather that patinas over time and softens with age. Microfiber inside prevents scratching, while the separate magnetic...
- ALL YOU NEED IS BOOKBOOK: BookBook was designed to replace your wallet + phone case. There are interior slots along with a side pocket for folded bills/receipts. No more forgetting your wallet or your...
- SEPARATE MAGNETIC CASE: A full-grain leather inlay, improved flexibility and protection with raised edges make this every bit a legitimate case by itself. Use when you don't need the whole wallet, or...
- 3-IN-1 DESIGN: Includes detachable case, wallet, and hands-free stand mode to make viewing videos or FaceTime easy
Something for the bookworms among us, this unusual case from Twelve South has the appearance of a book bound with leather. The Twelve South BookBook case is of high quality and has a microfiber coating that prevents scratching of the phone screen. The raised edges of the magnetic case also help to protect the camera.
As well as being MagSafe-compatible, the case essentially comes with a 3-in-1 design. There’s a wallet case for storing 4 cards and cash, but this can be removed and even doubles as a stand for the ultimate viewing experience.
As well as this, there’s a separate magnetic case for use with MagSafe accessories. The BookBook commands a fairly high price, but given its great protection, quality leather, and versatility, it’s quite easy to justify.
Check out Twelve South BookBook on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best iPhone 13 MagSafe Case: Step by Step
When deciding on a phone case, there are a few different points to think about. You want to be sure of your purchase, so consider these:
Let’s have a closer look at these elements.
There’s something for everyone when it comes to materials, such as leather, silicone, plastic, or even natural fibers. Plastic cases tend to offer better scuff and stain resistance than leather, but lower-quality cases can yellow over time.
This is in contrast to leather cases, which generally improve over time. Plastics also tend to gather dust inside, so they need to be cleaned more frequently.
The texture of the design is also important, as some are easier to grip while others slip out of your hands easier. The color options available with each case are also a key factor, as people have different tastes and preferences.
For a lot of people, the price will be the most important factor when deciding on a phone case. But if you’re always on the go or often clumsy with your case, it’s probably worth investing in a durable and high-quality case.
High-quality leather cases and those with detachable stands and wallets also tend to be pricier than simpler models. All in all, your phone usage and desired add-ons will mostly dictate the price of your case.
As far as protection goes, there are cases of all designs and materials that keep your phone safe expertly. Whichever you go for, make sure the case is resistant to yellowing or made of high-quality leather for the best long-term results.
Cases with raised bezels and shock-absorbing technology are a good thing to look out for, as well as those that are drop-resistant. Even with the most protective case, it’s still a good idea to use a screen protector.
All these cases are MagSafe-compatible, so there’s no difference there. Some cases have detachable wallets that double as a phone stand, which is great for streaming movies and carrying a few cards on the go. Ultimately, you’ll have to consider whether you need a case with these accessories, or whether a cheaper and simpler option will suit your needs better.
What to Know Before Buying the Best iPhone 13 MagSafe Cases
Depending on the model, cases aren’t terribly cheap, so it’s important to get one you’re happy with. MagSafe cases are generally more expensive than others, but are a great way to make use of your accessories and wirelessly charge your phone.
The feel of the case in your hand is very important, as you need to be comfortable holding your phone and confident you won’t drop it. Cases with kickstands or wallets will generally be pricier too, but if this is something of a priority, it may be worth the cost.
Using the Best iPhone 13 MagSafe Cases: What it’s Like
All in all, the best case will be the one that suits your needs best. Most will offer sufficient protection, but the case’s materials and thickness will greatly affect how it feels in action. While some cases are incredibly thin, others can be quite bulky, so bear in mind your personal preference.
The bolder color choices are often limited to plastic and silicone cases, so if you want to make a statement, these will likely be the better option. Some cases are rather unique, such as the BookBook, while many are understated and don’t draw as much attention. MagSafe-compatible cases tend to be a bit bulkier than the rest, but this isn’t always that noticeable.
- The 5 Best MagSafe iPhone 13 Pro Max Cases – If you’ve opted for the larger version of the iPhone 13, check out the best MagSafe cases here.
- How To Connect (Pair) AirPods to iPhone – If you’re having trouble pairing with your AirPods, find the solution by clicking the link.
- How to Clean iPhone Charging Port (With Photos) – Taking care of your phone’s charging port is essential to make sure it works properly long-term. Find out how here.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Yalcin Sonat/Shutterstock.com.