The iPad Pro 11-inch is a significant investment that costs between $690 and $900. The price is worth it because the device offers next-level performance thanks to its Apple M1 chip, crystal clear display, and all-day battery life. You need to protect this hefty investment with all you’ve got.
An iPad case adds the extra protection needed for its scratch-prone aluminum body and glass screen against dirt, scratches, spills, and cracks. You can also find cases with functional accessories, such as a keyboard, a pen holder, and a flap to protect the screen.
The market for these cases is extensive and diverse. Below are our top picks for 2022:
- Best Overall iPad Pro 11-inch case: Apple Smart Folio
- Best Budget iPad Pro 11-inch case: ESR Rebound
- Best Keyboard iPad Pro 11-inch case: Apple Magic Keyboard
- Best For Heavy-duty Protection iPad Pro 11-inch case: Outterbox Case Defender
- Best For Versatile iPad Pro 11-inch case: Zugu Alpha
Best Overall iPad Pro 11-inch Case: Apple Smart Folio
- The Smart Folio for iPad Pro is thin and light and offers front and back protection for your device.
- It automatically wakes your iPad Pro when opened and puts it to sleep when closed.
- You can easily fold the Smart Folio into different positions to create a stand for reading, viewing, typing, or making FaceTime calls.
- Smart Folio includes front and back cover
- Compatibility: iPad Pro 11-inch (4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation)
Apple Smart Folio takes the biggest win for being the original case for the iPad. The case is aesthetically pleasing, functional, and fully compatible with the iPad Pro 11-inch.
The Apple Smart Folio is compatible with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation iPad Pro 11-inch devices. It features an elegant and streamlined design made from a single piece of polyurethane. It is thin, light, and fits the iPad Pro like a second skin while offering sufficient protection for the front and back.
The flap supports the automatic sleep and wake functionality and folds behind at three angles to enhance viewing, typing, and reading. It’s a premium product with a strong magnetic clasp that comes on and off easily.
|It comes in up to 5 color options||Pricey|
|Thin and lightweight||It doesn’t protect the edges and corners of your iPad|
|Made by Apple, so it fits perfectly|
Check out the Apple Smart Folio on Amazon.
Best Budget iPad Pro 11-inch Case: ESR Rebound
- Compatibility: only compatible with iPad Pro 11 inch (2022, 4th Generation), iPad Pro 11 inch (2021, 3rd Generation), and iPad Pro 11 inch (2020, 2nd Generation); models A2759, A2435, A2761, A2377, A2459, A2301, A2228, A2068, A2230
- Secure Magnetic Attachment: powerful magnets ensure a strong lock between case and tablet
- Lightweight Protection: protect every inch of your tablet from drops and bumps while maintaining its sleek profile and convenient portability
- Two-Way Stand: magnetic trifold cover easily folds into a stable stand for viewing or writing to ensure a comfortable angle for catching up on your favorite shows or taking notes with your Pencil
- Secure Magnetic Clasp: supports Pencil 2 magnetic pairing and wireless charging with a magnetic clasp that folds over to keep it securely in place when on the go
The ESR Rebound is a great case that offers overall protection and a special TPU Apple Pencil holder at a fraction of most iPad Pro 11-inch cases.
Its most outstanding feature is the pencil clasp on the side, which allows your Apple Pencil to attach to your iPad Pro magnetically. The secure attachment prevents the loss and damage of your valuable Apple Pencil.
Even more interesting, you can still wirelessly charge your Pencil 2 because the charging area remains unobstructed by the case.
The lightweight case is built using a strong TPU shell that protects every inch of your iPad’s screen and back without making your device bulky. Besides, you never have to worry about your iPad slipping out of the case because the two are held together by strong magnets. The cover folds into a stand with two viewing options, which makes it ideal for writing and viewing.
The case comes in two colors:
- Durable black for powerful scratch resistance
- Brilliant white for easy cleaning and scratch resistance
|Supports iPad Pro’s auto wake/sleep function||Only supports two viewing angles|
|Lightweight and portable||Limited color selection|
|Full Apple Pencil support|
|It uses strong magnets for secure attachment|
Check out the ESR Rebound on Amazon.
Best Keyboard iPad Pro 11-inch Case: Apple Magic Keyboard
- The Magic Keyboard is the perfect companion for iPad Pro (3rd, 2nd and 1st generation) and iPad Air (5th and 4th generation).
- It features the best typing experience ever on iPad, a trackpad that opens up new ways to work with iPadOS, a USB-C port for charging, backlit keys, and front and back protection.
- With a new floating cantilever design, iPad Pro attaches magnetically and allows you to smoothly adjust to the perfect viewing angle for you.
- Folds into a case to provide front and back protection
The Apple Magic Keyboard is the closest you’ll get if you want to turn your iPad Pro into a mini laptop.
It offers a top-notch typing experience and a gesture trackpad with a cursor and multiple gesture support, just like the Magic Keyboard on MacBooks. The keyboard is backlit and supports quiet and responsive typing thanks to the scissor mechanism.
This amazing keyboard case attaches to your iPad Pro 11-inch using magnets. It has a floating cantilever design that allows you multiple viewing angles and up to 130 degrees of tilting to ensure you get a comfortable angle for all your day-to-day tasks.
It folds into a case to offer sufficient front and back protection.
Additionally, it has a USB-C port that only allows you to charge your iPad and frees up other peripherals for other tasks.
|Best-in-class typing experience||Leaves sides unprotected|
|USB-C port for passthrough charging||The USB-C port on the case doesn’t support data transfer|
|Easy to attach and detach thanks to the magnetic connector||More expensive than competition|
|Built-in trackpad for multi-touch gestures and cursor support|
|Supports multiple viewing angles|
|Offers front and back protection|
Check out the Apple Magic Keyboard on Amazon.
Best For Heavy-duty Protection iPad Pro 11-inch Case: Outterbox Case Defender
- Compatible with iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd, 2nd, & 1st Gen
- Premium rugged design with a comfortable grip
- Raised edge protects camera and screen
- Port covers block dirt, dust and lint from getting into jacks and ports
- Shield stands works as a hands-free multi-position stand and screen cover
If you’re looking for full-proof drop and dirt protection for your iPad Pro 11-inch, then look no further than the Outterbox Case Defender.
Outterbox already has a reputation for providing rugged and heavy-duty protection for your Apple devices, so you have every reason to trust them to protect your prized iPad Pro.
The Otterbox Case Defender provides you with multilayer protection thanks to the tough exterior and impact-absorbing interior. It also has a detachable screen protector, a cover for the Apple Pencil dock, and a multilayer design with port covers.
The case has a grippy feel, its corners are reinforced with rubber, and the front is slightly lipped to significantly reduce the chances of cracks and bumps when your iPad Pro accidentally falls.
Outterbox enhanced the case’s visual appeal with a clear polycarbonate rare panel that displays the iconic Apple logo on your iPad.
Another outstanding feature of the Otterbox Defender Case is its display shield stand, which facilitates hand-free typing and viewing.
|Heavy-duty drop protection||Heavy and bulky due to its polycarbonate and synthetic rubber construction|
|The ports are protected from dirt, debris, and lint||Only available in black|
|The screen cover doubles as a viewing and shield stand|
Check out the Outterbox Case Defender on Amazon.
Best For Versatile iPad Pro 11-inch case: Zugu Alpha
- | Compatible Models | - Designed specifically for the 2022/2021/2020/2018 iPad Pro 11-inch Gen 4/3/2/1 (models A2301, A2377, A2435, A2459, A2460, A2228, A2231, A2068, A2230, A2759, A2761, A2762, A1934, A1979, A1980 & A2013.) Compatible with Apple Pencil 2 wireless charging (Pencil Not Included)
- | Built For The Everyday | - Created to take your iPad to the next level, Zugu offers a slim, yet protective case with 5 ft drop protection that supports you through daily life with its secure 8 angle magnetic stand whether you’re working, cooking, playing with the kids, or on the go. We’ve got you covered.
- | Satisfaction Guaranteed | - We want you to love your Zugu case. That’s why we offer free 30-day returns and a 2-year warranty — no questions asked.
- | Free iPad repairs (yes, really) | - Cracked screens shouldn’t be the end. Zugu Case covers all AppleCare+ repair costs so you can stress less and stream more.
- | We Build Cases For The Greater Good | - We’re proud to donate 10% of all profits to charitable causes, one of which is Children International (a nonprofit that helps youth break the cycle of poverty). We’re passionate about investing in change, inspiring creativity, and building opportunity for the future because our business may be rooted in technology, but our mission is connection.
The Zugu Alpha case wins in all the categories that count, making it the most versatile case on the list.
For starters, the Zugu Alpha has a built-in kickstand with eight viewing angles that facilitate smooth typing, viewing, and even drawing. This is more than the Apple Magic Keyboard case, and at a fairer price.
Its versatility also shines through because it allows two ways of docking your Apple Pencil. You can either place it in the dedicated elastic pouch at the back of the case or snap it on the side using magnets.
Did we mention that the entire back is magnetic? Yes! You can literally place your iPad Pro on any magnetic surface and go about your business without a worry in the world.
The case is made of a TPU shell that protects every inch of your iPad Pro, including the sides. The front cover perfectly fits the device and has a flap that makes closing and opening the case a breeze.
The case hugs your iPad Pro delicately thanks to the soft microfiber interior and protects it from overheating with the airflow vents.
|Fairly priced||Slightly heavy|
|Up to 8 viewing angles||Limited color selection: black, red, and executive brown|
|Offers full-body protection|
|It has two Apple Pencil slots|
Check out the Zugu Alpha on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best iPad Pro 11-inch case: Step by Step
The iPad Pro 11-inch has a sleek aluminum back, a delicate glass front, and sharp edges that make it susceptible to scratches, bumps, and dents.
Although we’ve covered the best cases for you, we’d also like to highlight the features to consider when making the purchase to ensure you make an informed choice. Below are four essential features to consider when shopping for an iPad Pro 11-inch case you’ll take home.
Size and Compatibility
For functionality’s sake, you want a case that fits your iPad Pro 11-inch like a glove. You must always double-check the case size to ensure it’s the right one for your iPad Pro model based on the generation.
Fortunately, iPad Pro 11-inch cases are compatible with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation models as they have the same screen diameter, camera sizes, access ports, and button layouts.
Type or Style
There are a variety of case styles to choose from for your iPad Pro 11-inch. These include:
- Easy-to-handle snap-on cases
- Folio covers, which protect your iPad Pro’s screen
- Sleeves for storing your iPad Pro when it’s not in use
Besides that, you also get to choose cases based on their thickness: thicker cases for more full-proof protection and thinner cases for portability. Go with whatever strikes your fancy and meets your needs.
Maximum protection is a priority when selecting a case for your iPad Pro 11-inch. A good case should sufficiently protect your iPad’s back, corners, edges, and screen from scrapes and scratches. You’ll find cases that offer partial versus full coverage, and your choice is based on how prone you are to propping up your iPad.
A good case should also protect your device from accumulating fingerprint marks and prevent your ports from gathering dust, dirt, and lint.
You want a case that helps you make the most of your iPad Pro. This is possible when you select a case that offers additional accessories that increase your device’s functionality.
Some of these features include:
- A pencil-holding mechanism
- A keyboard
- An option to prop up your tablet
- Multiple viewing options
- A front cover that triggers the iPad’s magnet sleep and wakes feature
What to Know Before Buying iPad Pro 11-inch Case
The Apple iPad Pro 11-inch is a significant investment that offers value for both work and play. It’s a fantastic device that you can rely on continuously to multitask work tasks and entertainment.
Despite being very functional, the iPad Pro is a delicate device that needs a sturdy case to protect it for various reasons.
For instance, the back of this device is made using aluminum, which is light and scratch-prone. This means your device may develop unsightly scratches that reduce its aesthetic appeal and probable resale value because of something as insignificant as a flick of dust.
Additionally, the iPad is significantly larger than an iPhone, which makes it harder to grip and, with its weight, even small falls could be fatal.
Although the iPad Pro is a delicate device, you can use it without a case if you’re careful. But is the risk worth it? We highly recommend investing in a case to protect your valuable iPad from scratches and breaking.
Using an iPad Pro 11-inch Case: What it’s Like
An iPad Pro 11-inch case will elevate your experience with the device because wear and tear are reduced and everything remains in tip-top shape. Again, cases give you a better grip on the iPad and protection from scratches, spills, and breakage.
We recommend going for a case that adds to the functionality of your device to help you enjoy your iPad Pro even more.
A keyboard, for example, allows you to convert your tablet into a mini laptop at any time. A stand with multiple viewing angles allows you to enjoy more convenient watching, typing, and reading angles.
Last update on 2023-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API