- When choosing a sublimation printer you should pay attention to the quality of prints it is able to provide.
- You should also select a device which is easy to use.
- Those capable of printing clothing and packaging materials are ideal.
If you’re looking for the best cheap sublimation printer, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve scoured the market and done the hard work for you. We’ve put together a list of our favorites for each price range and some things to remember when shopping for one. Here are the best cheap sublimation printers in 2024:
- Best overall: KODAK Step Wireless
- Best budget option: Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Wireless
- Best for performance: Epson WorkForce WF-7720
- Best Monochrome Printer: HP ENVY Photo 7855
- Most durable: Brother HL-L3290CDW
Best Overall: KODAK Step Wireless
- STEP UP YOUR PRINTING GAME: No more making plans to print tomorrow. Kodak step printer connects to any iOS or Android Smartphone, Tablet or Similar Device [Via Bluetooth or NFC] so you can print pics...
- AMAZING ZERO-INK TECHNOLOGY: Zink innovation eliminates the need for pricy ink cartridges, toners or ribbons; 2” x 3” sticky-back paper with embedded dye crystals delivers high-quality, durable,...
- FULL EDITING SUITE VIA APP: Download the free Kodak App to create collages & customize your snaps with stunning filters, interesting borders, cool stickers, funny text & other personalized flair; Edit...
- TAKE YOUR PROJECTS TO GO: Skip the computer connections, messy wires & clunky equipment; Our palm-sized printer weighs less than a pound, sets up fast & delivers gorgeous prints you can peel & stick...
- CUTE, COMPACT & COLORFUL: Step printer is designed for photo-loving influencers & crafters of all ages & skill levels; Portable, lightweight device features built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery...
KODAK Step Wireless is our best cheap sublimation printer overall because of its small footprint, solid build quality, and ease of use.
KODAK Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer is a wireless printer you can use anywhere. It has a small footprint and is a great addition to any photo enthusiast’s collection. The build quality is solid, and the design is elegant. The wireless connectivity works well, and we had no problems with it. This one offers good value for money and has surpassed our expectations in almost every way.
It is perfect for everyone, from the novice to the professional. This model comes in two colors: white and black. It also offers great value for money. We highly recommend it to everyone who wants a device that works well, is easy to use, and has a good design to match.
This printer is compatible with Android and iOS, and you can paint it with your smartphone. It prints photos quickly, and the quality of the images is good. It also allows you to add text and make edits as you like. All of these features make this one of the best cheap sublimation printers. It can also work with NFC, Bluetooth, and WiFi, so you can easily transfer your photos to your phone or tablet whenever needed.
The Kodak Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer is affordable and offers high-quality prints. The design looks sophisticated. If you’re a photo enthusiast looking to create custom gift items, this can be an excellent buy.
Check out the KODAK Step Wireless on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Wireless
- Max. print speed (color): 9 ppm
- Max. print speed (monochrome): 17 ppm
- Enough ink to print up to 7,500 pages (monochrome)/ 6,000 (color)
- 250-sheet capacity
Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Wireless printer is the best option for those with a fixed budget.
With this printer, you can enjoy unlimited sublimation ink for years to come and an optional extra paper feed tray for your larger photo and poster prints.
Whether you’re printing family reunion photos or a huge 50inch (13 x 19 inches) picture, there are plenty of options available with this printer. Its compact size allows it to fit into almost any interior without compromising the quality of your work. The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 printer is also very quick, thanks to its simple design and quick speed.
Epson EcoTank ET-15000 sublimation printer allows you to print with any Epson eco tank ink without the cost of high prices. It doesn’t even use the cartridges in your existing vintage tanks. A great Epson EcoTank ET-15000 printer is perfect for any home or office and won’t break the bank.
Best of all, they are designed to last, and we have had ours for two years without any issues. It’s something that you can be confident in. The Epson ET-15000 wireless printer works very well and is simple to use. It’s a wireless printer with a print head that takes ink: no cartridges or separate print head.
Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is ideal for anyone and can be used by both beginners and experts. It’s a great all-in-one printer and gives you that professional-looking printout. If you’re looking for the best cheap sublimation printer, Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is it.
Check out the Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Wireless on Amazon.
Best for Performance: Epson WorkForce WF-7720
- Print-shop quality — borderless prints up to 13" x 19"
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (SP2) – Windows Server 20167, Mac OS X 10.6.8 – macOS 10.12.x8
- Uses up to 80 percent less power vs. color laser printers
- 500-sheet capacity, dual trays, plus a rear feed for specialty paper; 125-sheet output tray
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty.
Epson WorkForce WF-7720 printer is the best pick for performance, durability, and longevity.
If you are looking for the best cheap sublimation printer, then Epson WorkForce WF-7720 is another right choice. This printer has built-in wireless connectivity that allows you to print from your smartphone or tablet.
One good thing about this product is that it can serve multiple purposes, such as a photocopier, scanner, fax machine, and printer in one unit.
This unit has a large 4.3″ touchscreen that is easy to read and navigate through the screens. This gives you more control over your printer and saves time when setting up new print projects, as you can easily change settings on this display screen.
The WF-7720 is designed with a large paper tray holding up to 250 sheets of paper. This makes it easy to switch between projects or print multiple pages quickly. You don’t have to worry about running out of paper in the middle of a project, as the tray can accommodate many pages simultaneously.
It has an LCD screen that allows you to navigate the menus intuitively with a visual interface. It also has Wi-Fi connectivity, meaning you can print or copy from an app on your phone or tablet by connecting the two devices with one simple tap.
This unit has long-lasting durability and will provide great service and save you time and money in the long run. The WF-7720 is Amazon dash replenishment ready and is designed with an automatic two-sided printing feature which means you can use two sides of a sheet of paper effectively.
Check out the Epson WorkForce WF-7720 on Amazon.
Best Monochrome Printer: HP ENVY Photo 7855
- Cheap printing costs at a price of 5c per photo
- Print over Wi-Fi, use Wireless Direct, Bluetooth, or Ethernet
- Make use of HP's Smart app
- Print or scan
- Supports Alexa voice control
HP ENVY Photo 7855 printer is the best Monochrome Printer for the professional world. It is a multifunctional machine with the latest features and technologies, allowing you to improve its printing quality. It combines all the best features of individual printers, which is why it is an excellent solution for photo prints, copies, and documents. This beautiful printer has compact dimensions and pretty light, allowing us to carry it around.
HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer has a large touch-screen display that allows you to perform operations quickly and easily. In addition, it has unlimited access to HP ePrint for printing from mobile devices.
It has a duplex printing function and supports Windows and Mac operating systems. The quality of photos and documents is brilliant.
HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer uses Original HP ink cartridges, which guarantee excellent quality of these prints. It can work with various scanning technologies, such as auto mode, desktop, and mobile. It helps you scan the document directly from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. HP ENVY Photo 7855 Printer has a compact design, making it a modern look and perfect for placement on any table or desk in your home office.
Check out the HP ENVY Photo 7855 on Amazon.
Most Durable: Brother HL-L3290CDW
- Up to 25 pages per minute print speed
- Affordably print professional quality, rich, vivid color documents with laser printer quality
- The 250-sheet adjustable paper tray helps minimize refills and the manual feed slot handles varied printing needs
- A flatbed scan glass offers convenient copying and scanning and 2 line LCD display provides efficient feature access
- Mobile device compatibility Air Print, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint and Scan, Mopria, Wi-Fi Direct, USB interfaces
- For use with Brother Genuine Toner: TN223BK, TN223C, TN223M, TN223Y, TN227BK, TN227C, TN227M, TN227Y
- Reduction/Enlargement: 25 percent, 400 percent
Brother HL-L3290CDW printer is the most durable, reliable, and economical. It comes with a 1-year warranty and is designed with a modern outlook. It has a 600×2400 DPI resolution, which is enough for the best-quality prints.
It has a simple setup and installation, and you don’t have to worry about any complications, which can usually cause some printers to draw a lot of attention. The price of this printer is also very affordable, especially for its quality. With 25 pages per minute printing speed, this printer is a good choice for your home or office.
It is fully loaded with a 3.7″ touch screen display and offers connectivity via USB, Ethernet, and wireless, as well as amazon dash replenishment ready. All these add up to make it the fifth-best cheap sublimation printer you would want to go for.
This mono laser printer has many features that make it stand out from the rest of the printers in the market. It is compatible with Windows and Mac. You can use this printer to print or scan your documents from any part of your home, office, or even from the cloud. It has Wi-Fi connectivity to print directly from your tablets and smartphones.
Check out the Brother HL-L3290CDW on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Cheap Sublimation Printers: Step by Step
Keep the following in mind when shopping for a cheap sublimation printer.
- Quality of Prints And Images
- Cost-Value Ratio
- Size Of Prints
- Speed Of Printing
- Number of Colors
- Customer Support
Each feature will determine how well the sublimation printer functions for you, so let’s go through them individually.
Quality of Prints And Images
Pick a product that produces good-quality prints every time. If it takes a long time and is difficult to use, this isn’t going to be what you want in a great printer.
On top of that, you have to ensure that the quality of the prints is good. You want to pick a product that can produce high-end prints, so this will be what you’ve been waiting for. Ensure your printer produces great photos and other prints fast.
You want to pick a good quality product with a low cost-value ratio. You’ll always get what you pay for. So if you’re paying too much, it isn’t worth it.
However, as we’ve just said, you want a high-quality product, so that is precisely what you will get. It will be easy to use and produce great prints every time.
Ensure that the printer can print anything from shirts to packaging materials. The right printer can deliver great-quality prints regardless of your choice of printing material.
Size Of Prints
Decide on the size of the prints you want. If you want to print something small and it doesn’t, it may not be a printer that will work well for you. It needs to be able to print larger prints to be worth your money.
Speed Of Printing
It would be best to look at how fast the printer can produce outstanding quality images that are perfect for your home, office, or wherever else you may need them. The best printer will deliver excellent quality in no time.
Good customer support means a lot to printers because they should be there for you when you need help with something. You want to ensure that the company has a good reputation for providing this support and that it is easy to connect with.
What To Know Before Buying The Best Cheap Sublimation Printers
Before buying a cheap sublimation printer, know how much your prints will cost. You want to ensure you’re getting a good deal, so it doesn’t cost you more in the long run. Another thing, you should know how many prints you’ll get with the cheap sublimation printer. It isn’t always necessary to buy one that has a ton of extra features that you won’t use. This can be a waste of money in the long run. If there are features that you don’t need, it may be best to look elsewhere for something else. This can help you to save a lot of money since you won’t be spending extra.
Decide how you want to use the printer. There are many cheap inkjet sublimation printers, so if you have an idea of what you want to do, it will be easier to find the perfect one for your needs. No one wants to get stuck with a printer that falls short of their expectations. So, do your research and pay close attention to the features and the price.
It would be best if you also planned out what your prints look like. If you want it to look like a silkscreen, a DVD case, or something that isn’t like many other products, this may contribute to the cost. That’s why you must consider how it will look before buying one. This can help you get a much better product for less money.
Interested in additional reviews? Click the links below:
- Epson Sublimation Printer: Full Review with Specs, Pros and Cons, and More: It presents a wide range of options while enabling you to save on costs. Here is all you need to know about this printer.
- Sawgrass Sublimation Printer: Full Review with Specs, Pros and Cons, and More: Unlike Epson printers they are especially designed for sublimation. Here is all you need to know about them.
- The 5 Best Mobile Power Stations You Can Buy Today: They are outsized batteries which make it possible for you to charge your devices on the move. Discover the best of them available, here.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Photology1971/Shutterstock.com.