- Best overall Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse: Logitech MK850
- Best bang for your buck Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse: Rii RKM 709
- Best for performance Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse: Amazon Basics
Looking for the best Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo for your home office? Owning one of the best wireless keyboards for home offices is the perfect way of enhancing your efficiency when working from home.
Bluetooth keyboard and mouse allow you to eliminate wires, hence making your workstation spotless and comfortable for work. However, with there being so many keyboard brands available, each with a wide assortment of features and benefits, it can be challenging when trying to choose the best wireless keyboard and mouse combo for your home office. Due to this, we have taken the initiative to make things easier for you.
Our team of experts managed to assemble a list of products worth sharing. Besides, you will also learn the various factors you need to consider before spending your hard-earned money on any of the keyboards mentioned. So our ranking for the best wireless keyboard and mouse for a home office are:
- Best overall: Logitech MK850
- Best budget option: Rii RKM 709
- Most durable: Logitech MK270
- Best for performance: Amazon Basics
Best Overall: Logitech MK850
- Logitech Mk850 performance wireless keyboard and Mouse combo
- Contoured right-handed mouse with hyper-fast scroll wheel enables you to fly through documents and web pages
- Type quietly and comfortably for hours at your desk on a full-size keyboard with cushioned palm rest And carefully-crafted keys
- Both keyboard and Mouse are fully multi-device and multi-os friendly for powering through projects
- Start typing on your computer, then switch and Type on your tablet, phone or on a second computer
The Logitech MK850 is one of the best, most ergonomic keyboard and mouse combos available today. If you check around the web, you will realize that although many wireless keyboards have been produced, it still stands out as the best overall. Designed specifically to reduce wrist stress and straining, the MK850 allows users to type for prolonged periods without issues.
Another reason why this wireless keyboard is the top dog is its texture. When typing, the keyboard texture is soft. You do not have to long-press to achieve the key you intend to write. Besides, you can adjust the typing angle to achieve a flat, 4, or even 8-degree typing angle thanks to the rear adjustable feet. Logitech MK850 also comes with keyboard labels for both Mac and Windows users. The strategic keyboard shortcuts make the typing work a lot easier and faster.
Check out Logitech MK850 on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Rii RKM 709 2.4 Gigahertz Ultra-Slim Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- 【 Wireless Keyboard】Compact Keyboard with Scissor-Switch key structure for a comfortable and pleasing typing experience, small enough to put it into your suitcase/handbag.(Note: The USB Receiver...
- 【Wireless Mouse】Wireless mouse with slim size, and 3 adjustable DPI 1600/2400/3200 allows you to easily change the cursor sensitivity and track it more smoothly on a variety of surfaces. Ergonomic...
- 【Easy Operation 】Wireless Keyboard and mouse with 2. 4G wireless technology, plug and play, no other drivers or options. The office wireless keyboard features 12 easy-to-reach function-keys, you...
- 【Long Connection Distance 】Wireless keyboard and mouse for office gaming business transmission distance up to 10m and work for PC/Laptop/Android TV Box/PS3/PS4/Raspberry Pi.
- 【Service Term】We provide you friendly customer service and worry-free 1-year product service. Any problem during use, send message to support team to help you to solve soon.
The other options on this list all offer great performance, but they come at a pretty high price. If you’re on a tight budget but still interested in a solid wireless keyboard and mouse combo, the Rii RKM 709 is just what you need. Since it was designed with media centers in mind, the RKM709 combo offers numerous features and capabilities to make your overall user experience more enjoyable.
The Rii RKM709 has the unique ability to deliver up to 30 feet of seamless connection. The unified Nano receiver allows you to plug, play, and operate the mouse to a maximum of 1600DPI. In addition to supporting popular OSs from Apple (10.4 or newer) and Microsoft (XP or newer), it also supports popular media center devices/software such as Raspberry Pi, HTPC, Kodi, XBMX, and Android-based media boxes and smart TVs.
Check out Rii RKM 709 on Amazon.
Best for Durability: Logitech MK270
- Reliable wireless connection up to 33 ft
- Low-profile, quiet keys, and standard layout
- Spill-resistant design, durable keys, and sturdy tilt legs
- A 36-month keyboard and 12-month mouse battery life
- Features 8 multimedia hotkeys
The Logitech MK270 is one of the most durable keyboards and mouse combos you can find on the market today. The first thing you will love about this keyboard is it offers a seamless connection up to 33 feet. Another notable feature is its connection to Logitech’s nano receiver, which allows the keyboard and mouse to share 1 USB port.
Thanks to its low-profile design, standard layout, and quiet keys, you can do your work without the worry of disturbing those in the house including sleeping young ones. It is also compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10, Chrome OS, XP, and Vista. In addition, the design is spill-resistant. That means you do not have to overly worry in case of an accident with your bottle of water. With 8 multimedia hotkeys, you are sure of finishing your typing work fast.
Check out Logitech MK270 on Amazon.
Best for Performance: Amazon Basics Wireless Computer Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- Compact, functional, and ultra-quiet keyboard
- Plug and play, compatible with Windows 7-10
- QWERTY layout with 12 multimedia hot keys
- Contoured mouse with textured rubber grips for extra comfort
- Perfect for home offices, open office spaces, and dorms
This Amazon Basics Wireless Computer Keyboard and Mouse Combo are not the fanciest out there. It doesn’t have sleek designs or a minimalist appeal like the other options mentioned here. But, that does not mean that it is lacking when it comes to performance.
Amazon Basics is an ultra-quiet keyboard and mouse combo that delivers up to 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity. The product comes with 12 dedicated hotkeys all of which are multimedia with numeric keypads. With a US QWERTY arrangement, you are assured of hitting those letters and numbers as they come.
Amazon Basics’ mouse features textured rubber grips, something that provides additional comfort. It comes with a 12-month warranty, thus you should rest assured that no matter what technical hitch you encounter within the first year of purchasing Amazon Basics will help you resolve it.
Check out Amazon Basics Wireless Computer Keyboard and Mouse Combo on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse for Your Home
It is true that with the introduction of Bluetooth (wireless) technology, things have become a lot easier. Even so, before you spend your money on any of the above products or any other in the market for that matter, you need to consider the following factors:
- Key switches
- Programmable hotkeys
- Optical resolution
- Ergonomics (comfort)
- Connectivity distance
Now, let’s look at each of the above factors.
Programmable hotkeys is perhaps the first thing you’ll look for especially if you are a gamer. Hotkeys help in the faster access of specific features thus saving time. The other benefit of programmable keys is they add the comfort and convenience especially if you are doing other activities on the same computer. Wireless keyboards with devoted controls and multimedia keys go a long way in ensuring great typing convenience.
Key Switches –Mechanical and Membrane Models
The type and structure of the keyboard switch can greatly affect not just the performance of the keyboard but also its life. There are three kinds of keyboard switches: mechanical, scissor, and dome. Switches made of rubber are usually the best because they provide rubbery silicon cushioning under the keys.
The result is softer buttons that make it possible to work seamlessly. Mechanical switches are dominant among gaming fans. They last longer, work even on the slightest contacts, and seemingly tend to be the quickest. Scissor switches on the other hand are the usual ones that you find on most keyboards. They tend to work quicker and last longer.
Optical resolution is a measure of the responsiveness of your Bluetooth mouse. It is good to know that the higher the mouse’s optical resolution, the higher the responsiveness. In other words, a mouse with higher optical resolution tends to be highly responsive when it comes to the movement of the on-screen cursor.
For quick and convenient job, you may need to focus on a keyboard that gives you left and right splits. These two committed areas not only make it easy for you to type, but also ensure you type fast. Of course, this is similar to the standard keyboard that we are all used to. As for the mouse, you also need to see beyond the looks. Currently, three grip models exist namely palm, paw, and fingertip.
As the name suggests, the palm model allows you to use the entire hand to operate the mouse. The paw grips model allows you to utilize your fingers as well as the paw’s endpoint for smoother operation. Lastly, you use your fingers to operate the fingertip model.
Although they are all Bluetooth-powered, some of the keyboards and mouse types do not connect far. Thankfully, those in this guide have the ability to connect as far as 30 feet. Therefore, depending on how big your PC screen is, you can go for a wireless keyboard and mouse combo that can connect near or far.
You need to know if the keyboard and mouse you are buying uses size AA or AAA batteries. While these are replaceable, it is good to know if you can get these dry cells without much struggle.
What to Know Before Buying the Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Your Home
The above factors play a pivotal role in helping you find the right Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for your home office. However, there are other few yet important details you may want to factor in. Here are additional things you need to keep in mind:
- Keyboard & Mouse Size: As mentioned earlier, unless you are new to wireless keyboards and mouse combo, size is important. If you have limited space, you need to go for a keyboard and a mouse that can fit your table. Large wireless keyboards (although few), will become a nuisance especially if you have little space.
- The Amount and Type of Light: While illuminating the keyboard and mouse adds splendor to the room, the type of light can affect your eyes. Exposing your eyes to too much illumination is likely to affect your eyesight especially if you use it for a long time in darkness.
- Compatibility: It’s essential to check if the keyboard and mouse combo you are planning to buy are compatible with your OS. Thankfully, almost all modern wireless keyboard and mouse combos are compatible with a variety of other operating systems including Apple, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- The 5 Best Running Watches For Tracking Everything
- MBR vs GPT: Full Comparison, and Which is Better?
- Instapaper vs Pocket: Which is Better For Most People?
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Ridofranz.