If you enjoy listening to music, or just want to fill your room with good sounds, you will need an excellent Bluetooth speaker. The best speakers provide flawless neutrality, revealing clarity, booming soundstage, and broad dynamic range. With so many options, finding the right speaker can be tricky.
So, after weeks of reviewing dozens of options, we’re happy to present you with the results. Here’s our top seven picks for the best Bluetooth speakers on the market today:
- Best Overall: UE Boom 3
- Best Budget Option: Anker Soundcore Flare 2
- Best Bluetooth Speaker for Bass: JBL Flip 5
- Best Upper-Mid-Range: Sony SRS-XG500
- Most Versatile: Sonos Move
- Best Speaker for Outdoors: JBL Xtreme 3
- Most Refined Speaker: Bang & Olufsen Boesound A1 (2nd Gen)
Best Overall: UE Boom 3
- Bluetooth speaker with 360° sound
- Up to 15 hours of battery life on a single charge via micro USB port
- Completely waterproof with an IP67 water and dustproof rating — it even floats!
- Play, pause, or skip with a touch of the Magic Button
- Pair over 150 speakers to create the ultimate surround sound experience.
- Compatible with previous BOOM and MEGABOOM speakers
The good thing about this speaker is that it is waterproof. You can use it outdoors or by the pool and not worry whether it’ll come into contact with water.
UE Boom 3 comes in multiple colors giving options. After the first full charge, it spans 15 hours and gives you 100 feet of Bluetooth range. A two-year warranty on this speaker protects your investment from mechanical fault.
Check out the UE Boom 3 on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Anker Soundcore Flare 2
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- 360° Immersive Sound: A portable Bluetooth speaker with powerful 360°, bass-driven audio. Dual drivers and passive radiators combine with BassUp technology to generate a portable party with 20W of intense sound.
- All-New Light Show: A totally reimagined rainbow light show that pulses, phases, and shines to the beat of your music. Double light-rings simultaneously shine down onto the dancefloor and up into the atmosphere for pumping floor-to-ceiling illumination.
- Pool Party Proof: No matter where the music needs to be, Flare 2 portable Bluetooth speaker is suited up and ready. Super-safe IPX7 waterproof protection effortlessly withstands spills, rain, and even complete submersion in water.
- PartyCast Technology: Link 100+ Flare 2 portable Bluetooth speakers to party into the next dimension—sound and light synchronize across every speaker for a seamlessly electrifying experience.
The Anker Soundcore Flare 2 is a budget-friendly Bluetooth speaker and a viable option for listening to music or watching movies. Its higher-pitched vocals and instruments may sound a bit dark at times outdoors. But, with the BassUp feature enabled, it can produce a balanced sound.
Flare 2 is portable. You can easily slip it into your bag while going to work or meeting up with friends. It also comes with a voice assistant and RGB lights, which can be customized through the downloadable Flare 2 companion app. Retailing for $100, Anker Soundcore Flare 2 promises a pleasurable sound experience.
Check out the Anker Soundcore Flare 2 on Amazon.
Best Bluetooth Speaker For Bass: JBL Flip 5
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Pair multiple speakers with party boost
- Premium JBL sound quality
If you’re looking for a speaker with tremendous bass and good acoustics, JBL Flip 5 is definitely the best in this category.
This portable Bluetooth speaker has an extra-secure wrist strap. Not to mention, it is backpack-friendly. Speaking of design, the JBL Bluetooth speaker comes in different colors with a rugged material. Because it is water and dust-resistant, you can use it outdoors.
Though impressive with sound production and quality, the JBL Flip 5 does not last longer than 12 hours after a full charge. Not just that, it does not come built with the AUX-in or microphone port.
Check out the JBL Flip 5on Amazon.
Best Upper-Mid-Range: Sony SRS-XG500
If you’re looking for a portable speaker that can produce deep bass, you won’t go wrong with the Sony SRS-XG500. You can feel the punch of its bass as the beats boom out of the speakers.
It’s good enough for an outdoor Bluetooth speaker as it comes with a carrying handle. With the speaker, you can enjoy your music on the go. SRS XG500 also has an IP66 rating for dust and water resistance. You can take it out without worrying that your speaker could get wet outdoors.
Check out the Sony SRS-XG500 on Amazon.
Most Versatile: Sonos Move
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Up to 11 hours of battery life
- Automatic Trueplay balances sound depending on the environment and content
- IP56 rated for resistance to humidity, rain, snow, dust, salt spray, UV rays, and extreme temperatures
- Built-in Alexa
Sonos Move is a versatile Bluetooth speaker and a fantastic buy for lovers of deep bass. It is both an indoor and outdoor device that is well-built for that purpose. With this smart speaker, you can enjoy your music experience hands-on. It offers outstanding voice assistant support with Alexa and Google Assistant, which are built-in and have little trouble understanding your voice.
What’s more, is that Sonos Move is dust and water-resistant. You can take this speaker outdoors without worrying about it getting wet. You can get over 10 hours of listening out of the speaker when fully charged. That’s just what you need for long listening sessions.
Check out the Sonos Move on Amazon.
Best for Outdoors: JBL Xtreme 3
The JBL Xtreme 3is another viable Bluetooth speaker which comes with a bass boost to lighten up the music experience. It comes with a strap belt that allows you to carry the mini speaker on the shoulder or around the waist. Like most JBL products, JBL Xtreme 3 is rugged, and comes with IP67 dust and is waterproof. Moreover, it has a durable battery power that lasts 18 hours after full charge, depending on its use.
Check out the JBL Xtreme 3 on Amazon.
Most Refined Speaker:Bang & Olufsen Boesound A1 (2nd Gen)
- Powered by 2x 140-watt speakers
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Up to 18 hours of battery life
- Dust- and water-resistant aluminum dome design
- Built-in Amazon Alexa voice control
- Includes microphone
Bang & Olufsen Boesound A1 (2nd Gen) looks small for a Bluetooth speaker, but it’s mighty for its expansive sound and weighty bass. It is one of the compact Danish-made speakers on the market.
The B&O speaker supports Qualcomm’s latest aptX Adaptive Bluetooth 5.1 code, and comes with Alexa, a smart voice assistant which helps you with song selection. The speaker also has IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance.
B&O Bluetooth ticks the right boxes starting with use (outdoor, travel) big sound, and affordability, Plus, it’s portable and can fit easily into your bag.
Check out the Bang & Olufsen Boesound A1 (2nd Gen) on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best Bluetooth Speaker for You
Keep the following things in mind when shopping for a Bluetooth Speaker:
- Battery life
- Audio quality
It’s crucial to find a Bluetooth speaker with long battery life. Any speaker that typically lasts for four to ten hours is good. You shouldn’t be recharging it every hour; else, what’s the use of the speaker being portable? When buying a Bluetooth speaker, remember to check the battery capacity. Our 7 Best Bluetooth Speakers above are worthy of recommendations.
We all want a Bluetooth speaker that sounds good. But not all speakers will heat the sweet spot in audio quality. Check the frequency response of the speaker you’d like to buy. This factor determines how the Bluetooth speaker sounds.
Keep an eye out for figures that describe the top and bottom frequencies. Figures such as 100 Hz and 20 kHz should be visible. The 100 Hz represents the low frequency (bass), and 20 kHz represents the high frequency. The low frequency is the bass and what we need the most. The lower it goes, the better.
Size does matter in quality. Bluetooth speakers can range in size from small to large. Some are conical, cylindrical, or rectangular. But, generally speaking, the larger the speaker, the better the quality in terms of sound and battery life. But for portability, small ones would fit best in your bags or backpack.
While you can place a portable speaker anywhere, you can’t rule the possibility of it coming into contact with water. Yes, water could spill on it in the kitchen or outdoors. You know water and electronics don’t mix. To avoid this scenario, get a waterproof Bluetooth speaker.
What to Know Before Buying Bluetooth Speakers
As with any tech gadget, budget is always at the top of the mind when purchasing a Bluetooth speaker. Knowing how much you are willing to splurge will minimize your search radius. There are countless options for a Bluetooth speaker, but with the right budget, you can purchase the best quality.
Also, you have to be clear about how you’ll use your Bluetooth speaker. These speakers are made for different target audiences. If mobility and portability are your goals, then buying a smaller Bluetooth speaker makes sense. However, the JBL Xtreme 3 might be an ideal fit for a user intending to buy a Bluetooth speaker for picnics.
Using The Best Bluetooth Speakers: What it’s Like?
Each of the above speaker recommendations results from at least a day’s worth of work, covering audio quality, battery, performance, comfortability, and mobility. Also, we tested the speakers for different categories of sound quality and music outputs just to see how well they’d perform.
Each of the Bluetooth speakers was further used specifically for categorization. We tested their performance against other speakers within their categorization to assert their dominance.
- The 5 Best Running Watches For Tracking Everything
- MBR vs GPT: Full Comparison, and Which is Better?
- Instapaper vs Pocket: Which is Better For Most People?
The image featured at the top of this post is ©History-Computer.com/.