- FPV (First Person View) allows you witness an in-depth experience and feeling when flying your drone, with a better picture resolution and crisp image display. It not only enables you to witness a wonderful flying experience but can greatly improve your drone piloting skills as you are thrown into the virtual space of reality.
- When selecting a FPV drone with a headset, you need to consider these things: battery life range and speed, size, flight, camera, durability and price.
- Long battery life is important because it take a while to make adjustments after your drone gets up in the air.
- Choose the best drones with flight features that provide multi-axis gimbals that aid and prevent the camera from shaking in the air to ensure the capture of smooth and perfect videos.
- You can experience motion sickness due to turbulence while flying a FPV VR drone.
If you’re looking to get into drone flying, there’s no better way than with first-person drones with VR headsets. Technology is constantly improving, and now it’s possible to experience what it’s like to fly a drone from your own perspective.
If you’re a drone enthusiast and want to take your hobby to the next level, then you need to invest in a high-quality drone. There are a few different options available in the market. Whether you want something low-cost or high-end is entirely up to you.
However, most drones on the market aren’t for first-person view (FPV) flying. The fastest-growing combination in the drone market is first-person drones with a VR headset. This drone type is rapidly growing due to its amazing features that can take you to another level of flying experience. Features like lowered delay controls, a long flight distance range, and exceptionally good camera quality make the whole experience even more fun.
After going through several reviews and analyzing various features and specifications with special consideration to their price, portability, camera quality, and flight time, we have compiled a list of the best first-person drones on the market today.
- Best Overall: DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Drone
- Best Photography: Autel Robotics Evo II VR Drone
- Best Budget-Friendly: Ruko F11 Pro VR Drone
- Best for Stealth Operations: Parrot Anafi VR Drone
- Best for Beginners: Holy Stone HS510
- Best for Flight Time: DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Best Overall: DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Drone
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Up to 31 minutes of flight time with a maximum speed of 44 mph
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing
- 20MP 1” CMOS sensor
- Fly More kit comes with 2 extra batteries, a car charger, a battery charging hub, battery to power bank adapter, 2 pairs of low-noise propellers, and a shoulder bag
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Dronee is a great FPV VR Drone that shoots wonderful top-notch quality videos.
It features a 4K camera, which means you get high-resolution images without compromising quality. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Drone is a popular choice among drone enthusiasts. It towers high above the rest of the VR drones within its price range. Its clear image quality results from its one-inch 20mp sensor positioned on its HD camera.
The drone also comes with ActiveTrack technology, which makes it easy to follow objects or people using just your smartphone or tablet device. The drone can fly autonomously or be controlled manually through its remote controller or smartphone app. The battery life of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Drone lasts up to 25 minutes when fully charged, making it ideal for both beginners and experienced enthusiasts alike.
It is equipped with a multi-axis gimbal that provides an in-depth first-person VR experience while flying in the air for outdoor scenes. When coupled with a knowledgeable pilot, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Drone tends to capture wonderful shots that result in stunning footage.
You can find it on Amazon here.
- Easy pairing with its accompanying DJI goggles
- Flight duration per full charge is 31 minutes
- CMOS sensor of 20mp 1-inch lens
- Relatively expensive
- Unstabilized hyper-lapse video of only 1080p
- When it gets above ISO, a few visual noises results in problems
Best Photography: Autel Robotics Evo II VR Drone
- EVO's powerful camera is the choice pick for award winning cinematographers and photographers. Boasting 60 frames per second for buttery smooth 4k resolution footable, it records faster, smoother, and...
- The world’s best compact and foldable drone, you can take your EVO with you anywhere. You are ensured a safe and crash-free flight with our dual GPS/GLONASS satellite positioning and advanced...
- Always fly with confidence with an intuitive 3.3 inch OLED display controller remote. Its one-touch action buttons can control the drone up to 4.3 miles away!
- Customer service is available 7-days a week and waiting to assist you at your every need. We care about you and will ensure you have the best experience possible both before, during, and after your...
- Included In Package: EVO aircraft Remote Controller Power Cable Charger Micro-USB Cable USB-C Cable Intelligent battery with 30 minutes of flight time per charge Propellers (3 total pairs) 32-GB...
The Autel Robotics Evo II VR Drone is not only capable of capturing amazingly stunning shots but also has the most long-lasting battery life.
It shoots video on 4k and 8k, resulting in top-notch image quality. Another great fact about this VR drone is that it is perfect for beginner and veteran VR racing pilots because of its easy-to-use interface.
The Autel Robotics Evo II VR Drone is one of the best drones for beginners. This drone has a powerful camera that can capture high-quality photos and videos. It also has a built-in GPS system that allows you to track your location on the map. The drone can also perform 360-degree flips and rollovers, which makes it ideal for beginner pilots. The Autel Robotics Evo II VR Drone provides excellent performance at an affordable price.
Check it out on Amazon here.
- Flight time is 40 minutes per full charge.
- Half-inch CMOS 48mp quad Bayer HD camera.
- CMOS sensor of 20mp 1-inch lens.
- Its features are not as many as others in the market
- Its remote controller is not as intuitive as others in the market
- It ends up making bulky files as a result of its minimal video compression.
Best Budget-Friendly: Ruko F11 Pro VR Drone
The Ruko F11 Pro VR Drone is a great pick as it is affordable, easy to fly, and compatible.
It comes with a VR quad that captures videos on 4k and provides a flight time of 30 minutes. Its features are so enormous that even an expert VR racer pilot would be amazed, but it isn’t too intimidating for a novice. Features like its “Tap Fly” mode that allows it to fly on a marked-out path on a map and its “Return Home” feature that enables it to find its way back home or to where you are without you having the risk of losing it.
You can get it on Amazon here.
- Take-off and landing are carried out with just one touch
- Easy navigation through the “Tap Fly” mode
- Battery life, when fully charged and in use, lasts up to 30 minutes
- Nonexistent gimbal stabilizer
- Nonexistent anti-obstacle technology
Best for Stealth Operations: Parrot Anafi VR Drone
- This drone with a camera equipped with f/2.4 wide angle ASPH lens, HDR, and up to 2.8 times digital zoom captures spectacular 4K videos, Full HD or 2.7K videos (2704x1520), and 21 MP photos without...
- The ANAFI Parrot Drone can have up to 25 minutes of filmed flight time thanks to an intelligent Li-Po battery that optimizes its life and charges 60% faster using the Power Delivery USB Type C...
- With its ultra-compact and lightweight carbon frame (320 g), this quadcopter drone unfolds in less than 3 seconds, reaches a speed of 55 km/h in sport mode and withstands bullets up to 50 km/h
- Equipped with a Parrot Skycontroller 3 folding remote control, the ANAFI Parrot Drone can be located at any time thanks to the activation of your smartphone’s vibrator when attention or immediate...
- Software updates can make changes to existing features, further enhance ANAFI’s reliability and performance, or offer new experiences. It is therefore important to have an updated FreeFlight 6...
The Parrot Anafi VR Drone is perfect for stealth operations due to its near-silent flying sound and clear image resolution.
It shoots 4k virtual reality and can fold into a slim long brick form that fits well into its accompanying sleek zipper case.
As a result of its drone motors and the copper blade’s quiet nature, they are mostly used by the armed forces or other security agents for covert missions and investigations. Plus, it’s simple to compact, making it easy for travel.
The Parrot Anafi VR Drone is another great drone for beginners because it comes with everything you need to get started right out of the box, including two batteries, an SD card reader, two sets of propellers, and more.
Find it on Amazon here.
- 2.8 optical zoom that does not miss any detail within its sight
- Shoots on 21mp for photos and 4k HDR for videos
- Its gimbal has a 180-degrees view
- The size of its controller is very large
- It does not have sensors for avoiding a collision
Best for Beginners: Holy Stone HS510
- [4K Super Resolution Photos] It is able to use every single pixel giving you crystal clear photos and film. This allows the camera to provide smooth 4k video at 16 frames per second, 2.7K video at 25...
- [Portable & Ultralight] This 4k drone has compact design in that the quadcopter arms and propeller blades can be folded. It is small (Folded Dimension:5.59*2.91*2.04) and weighs less than...
- [Endless Fun in APP Control] With GPS Follow Me,Point of Interest,TapFly, the aircraft can shoot stable aerial shots. With carrying case, It is much more convenient to carry while travelling.
- [GPS & GLONASS] Dual satellite connectivity using both GPS and GLONASS navigation systems, which means you should never loose a signal outdoors. Along with the optical flow positioning, barometer and...
- [Brushless Motor] Brushless motor with aviation propellers for high aerodynamic efficiency, which is more quiet and longevous than brushed motor.
For beginners trying out FPV VR drones for the first time, the Holy Stone HS510 is your best pick.
This drone is not difficult to maneuver and can stand firm when facing light winds. It can capture super-clear aerial photographs and record videos on 4k at 16 frames per second or 25 frames per second for videos shot on 2.7k.
Now you can take your next drone flight to even greater heights with the Holy Stone HS510, an aerial photography drone that’s designed with speed, artistry, and VR in mind. In addition to capturing stunning aerial shots, this drone features two batteries. And, if you’re a photographer looking for an easy-to-use drone with incredible performance at a reasonable price point, this is certainly one to consider.
Get yours on Amazon here.
- It provides a field view of 120-degree with 4k visuals
- FAA registration is not a requirement
- It comes with two batteries
- Its gimbal stabilization comprises of only one single-axis
- It enables only hands-on modification of its camera
Best for Flight Time: DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Camera with 1-inch 20MP sensor the onboard camera has been redesigned to use a 1-inch Megapixel CMOS sensor.
- Five-directions of obstacle sensing. Please refer the Instructional Video and the User Manual before use.
- More powerful video processing supports H.264 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps, both with a 100Mbps bitrate
- Note: Refer the Instructional Video and the User Manual before use which is highly recommended.
- Max Flight Time Approx. 30 minutes
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro Drone is one of the best first-person drones with VR headsets due to its incredible flight time and ability to fly at a very impressive altitude.
It can also be controlled using an app on your phone which means that you don’t have to worry about running out of batteries or delaying your flight due to poor weather conditions. The only downside is that it costs an absolute fortune, so it might not be worth buying if you’re just starting out on your drone journey.
Find it on Amazon here.
- High-quality 4K video and photo recording
- Excellent camera quality
- It’s easy to fly, even for beginners
- Supports up to 40 minutes of flight time in Sport Mode
- Has a wide-angle lens that allows you to capture more of the subject in your photo or video
- Has an incredibly fast electronic shutter that helps reduce blur in low-light situations
- Integrated GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo support for improved positioning and mapping
- In-camera intelligent flight modes for sporty flying
- Professional camera technology for extreme resolution, high contrast, low light performance, and more accurate color grading
- Dual-band 5GHz Wi-Fi with 2×2 MIMO technology for extended range and faster speeds
- New integrated ND filters (50mm) let you capture beautiful shots in bright light or when shooting with slow shutter speeds
- The Phantom 4 Pro’s battery lasted about 17 minutes longer than the original Phantom 4. That’s not terrible, but it’s not great either.
- Had some trouble keeping its charge while flying in windy conditions and at high altitudes
- The camera is slower to focus and takes more steps to capture photos than previous models
- Doesn’t have a wide-angle lens like some other drones do, which can be useful for capturing landscape shots with a 180-degree field of view
- The remote control has no battery level indicator and takes time to recharge
- Fairly expensive
How to Pick the Best First-Person Drone with a VR Headset
When selecting the best first-person drones with a VR headset, there are specific details you have to look out for, including:
- Battery life
- Range and speed
- Flight and camera
- Price and durability
Let’s review each one in detail.
It is very important to look out for drones with long-lasting battery life. The reason for that is that when up in the air, it poses a bit of a challenge to get your bearings right and adjust to the aerial view to get a good angle, altitude, and the perfect lighting.
Therefore, having a good battery is advantageous to help you get the best out of your flying experience.
Range and Speed
Speed is also a very important determinant for selecting your FPV VR drone, especially when it has to do with VR racing because most individuals want the best out of their racing experience. Several factors determine the range and speed of a first-person drone, such as altitude limit, battery capacity, and so on.
There are different sizes available on the market today. Some are small for indoor flying, while others are big for outdoor use and aerial photography. Before purchasing any product, make sure it perfectly suits your requirements and expectations.
Flight and Camera
The flight and camera features are another important consideration for selecting the best FPV VR drone. You need to check if its camera can capture stunning photos and videos that would bring a more realistic feel to your flying experience. This may necessitate inspecting a specific area with FPV in your VR drone to double-check its camera quality hands-on.
Choose the best drones with flight features that provide multi-axis gimbals that aid and prevent the camera from shaking in the air to ensure the capture of smooth and perfect videos.
Price and Durability
The major thing you need to consider when choosing the best drone would be the price you can afford and how durable is. First-person drones with VR headsets are not cheap. However, the price varies according to the features and quality of the product. So, it is essential to ensure you get the best deal possible to buy your dream product at a great price.
A durability check is necessary because, when flying your drone, you will need to land it, and it could be on an uneven plane. So, you must test-run it for durability.
Though you may try to work with a budget, several VR drones available in the market are manufactured with low-quality parts to keep the prices low. However, the circumstances that follow when you fly it are unlike anything you could ever imagine. So, settle for quality when you pick, even though you are working on a budget.
What to Know Before Buying a First Person Drones with a VR Headset
Before you go ahead and purchase an FPV drone with a VR headset, you need to take note of various factors surrounding them. You need to know the features and specifications of each of the models available that properly suit your needs.
Note that you can also experience motion sickness due to turbulence while flying your FPV VR drone, so be sure to take precautionary measures if you are prone to feeling sick when flying. That is why the factors listed below should greatly help you when buying a first-person drone with a VR headset.
- How prone you are to motion sickness
- GPS features that can direct you back home or lead you on your flying escapades
- Viewing range
- Easy usage
Get a first-person drone with a VR headset that meets your needs. Ensure you choose the one that offers all the features you need to be successful in your drone, from great designs to a wide range of compatible cameras that allow for multiple mounting options.
Using First-Person Drones with VR Headsets: What It’s Like
Using an FPV VR drone enables you to view your surroundings in reality. It allows you to see the drone’s movement in real time, like how several pilots utilize their drones for fun.
FPV lets you witness an in-depth experience and feeling when flying your drone, with a better picture resolution and crisp image display. It not only enables you to witness a wonderful flying experience but can greatly improve your drone piloting skills as you are thrown into the virtual space of reality.
With a comprehensive review of the specifications and features of the first-person drones with a VR headset, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro VR Drone is the best. Though on the more expensive side, its amazing features make up for that flaw, making it the best choice for anyone wanting to venture into the VR drone piloting field, either as a hobby or as a professional VR racer.
You can use these best first-person drones with VR headsets for any outdoor activity, from photography to aerobatics. With their cameras, you will have the chance to capture stunning pictures or even video clips without relying on a third party for the shots and videos.
- DJI Mavic 3 Cine: Reviewed for 2022 and Best Deals: Here’s an in-depth review for the newest DJI Mavic on the market!
- How to Edit Videos on Windows 11 (with Photos): Learn to edit your drone footage to make stunning videos to share!
- Valve Index vs. PlayStation VR: Which is Better and Full Comparison: VFP drones give you a virtual reality feeling, so take it a step further by playing a VR game!