- A good selection of ports is essential if you’re using your laptop for business. Connecting a wide range of devices, peripherals, and adapters is critical.
- HP created the perfect combination of specs and price with the HP Pavilion X360, and it should definitely be on your radar if you need a 2-in-1 laptop for business.
- The Lenovo Flex 5 has a unique, durable hinge design. You can turn the screen over to flip the system into tablet mode, making it the ultimate durable 2-in-1 laptop for business.
Ever since tablets came on the scene in the early 2010s, users have been yearning for ways to combine them with laptops. A 2-in-1 laptop takes the advantages of laptops and tablets and combines them into one device. Business users have fallen in love with this platform due to its enhanced productivity potential.
If you’re wondering which is the best 2-in-1 laptop to use for business, the number of choices can be daunting. We’ve done some sleuthing and uncovered the best models in 2023. With features, specs, and pricing information, we’ll help you determine which one is the best for your unique situation.
- Best overall: HP Pavilion x360
- Best budget option: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e
- Best travel option: Asus ZenBook Flip 13
- Best durable option: Lenovo Flex 5
- Best performance option: Dell Inspiron 17 7000
Best Overall 2-in-1 Laptop for Business: HP Pavilion x360
- 14" touchscreen
- 12th Gen Intel 10-Core i5-1235U
- Iris Xe Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- G12GB PCIe SSD
- Backlit KB
- Stylus pen included
- Windows 11 Home
HP has been in the laptop business for decades, and the HP Pavilion x360 is already a best seller due to its strong build quality and reliable performance. HP created the perfect combination of specs and price with this laptop, and it should definitely be on your radar if you need a 2-in-1 laptop for business.
If you’re sitting in a meeting, taking notes, you can use the X360 like a clipboard with the included touch stylus. Flipping the laptop over puts it into full tablet mode, where the keyboard is disabled, and you have a tablet-like input. All of this comes packed in a system with full-size laptop performance.
You get a potent 12th-generation Intel Core processor, ensuring your laptop handles all of your tasks and stays relatively current for the next few years. HP has included 8GB of DDR4 memory by default, with a 512GB PCIe SSD for storage. Overall, these are competitive specs for a laptop in this price range, and you can always upgrade components later.
With the latest WiFi 6 and BlueTooth 5.0, you can effortlessly connect all of your wireless devices. You get a wide selection of ports along the sides, including USB-A, USB Type-C, and HDMI. Additionally, you can field all of those Zoom or Skype calls with the built-in webcam and microphone. Weighing in at 3.35 pounds, the X360 is perfect for business travel. Thanks to its ultra-slim form factor, you can easily stow it in your briefcase or carry-on without having to stress.
Check out the HP Pavilion x360 on Amazon.
Best Budget 2-in-1 Laptop for Business: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e
- 5th Generation laptop with a flexible 360-degree hinge
- 128 GB storage and 4 GB DDR4 RAM
- Vibrant and colorful 11.6-inch display
- Webcam, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 2x2 , and USB 3.1 ports, plus more
- Windows 10 Professional pre-installed
2-in-1 laptops can be expensive, but with the HP Pavilion x360 you don’t need to break the bank to get a simple 2-in-1 for business.
The Yoga 11e is one of the smallest selections on our list, with a screen size of just 11.6 inches and a weight of 3.4 pounds or 1.54kg. As a result, the specs are relatively weak, and the display quality is below-average. However, this won’t be an issue if you don’t use your laptop for heavy multimedia tasks.
With an Intel Celeron processor, this laptop has just enough power to browse the web without sluggish performance. You can easily check emails, draft papers, and manage your spreadsheets. Multitasking is good but not great, with only 4GB of RAM. Additionally, the storage capacity is enough for most, with a capacity of 128GB.
Check out the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e on Amazon.
Best Travel 2-in-1 Laptop for Business: Asus ZenBook Flip 13
- Screen: 13.3 inches in size, touch enabled, 4K resolution, 400 nit brightness
- Features a 360 degree hinge
- Includes Intel's 11th generation core i7 CPU
- Storage: 1TB SSD, RAM: 16GB LPDDR4X
With the Asus ZenBook Flip 13, Asus has created the perfect 2-in-1 laptop for travel.
Asus has always been known for pushing the envelope. The company’s unique designs have shown us what is possible with technology, and creative designs like the ZenBook are just another innovation in a long line of previous successes.
The ZenBook Flip 13 brings an impressive powerhouse of specs and features, all with a weight of just 2.87 pounds. At around half an inch thick, the ZenBook competes with the MacBook Air for the title of the thinnest laptop ever. Where this system really shines is the display.
The OLED display delivers a significantly more immersive and vivid picture quality than an LCD display. Color accuracy is unparalleled, with 100% DCI-P3 coverage and 133% sRGB color. A 0.2ms response time rounds out the high-performance qualities of this screen, making for an industry-leading benchmark.
Equally impressive are the specs. With an 11th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and Intel Iris graphics, you can easily accomplish demanding tasks while on the road. 16GB of RAM makes this laptop a multitasking powerhouse, and 1TB of solid-state storage provides a vast amount of high-speed storage.
Check out the Asus ZenBook Flip 13 on Amazon.
Most Durable 2-in-1 Laptop for Business: Lenovo Flex 5
- AMD 4th Generation Ryzen 5 4500U Processor (6-core, 2.3 GHz Up To 4.0 GHz, 8 MB Cache), 16GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB PCIe SSD
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Touchscreen Energy-efficient WLED Display, AMD Radeon Series
- 802_11_AC, Bluetooth 4.2, Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam, Fingerprint Reader
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack
- Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 52.5WHr 4-cell lithium_ion, 3.63lb, Graphite Grey
Lenovo has always been famous for producing durable laptops, and the Lenovo Flex 5 is no exception. In fact, with its all-plastic construction, this model offers the sturdiest build quality of any laptop on our list. This laptop has a unique, durable hinge design and can withstand years of heavy use. You can turn the screen over to flip the system into tablet mode, making it the ultimate durable 2-in-1 laptop for business.
Featuring an AMD Ryzen 5 processor, this laptop packs the power to go head-to-head with similar Intel-based systems. The 16GB of onboard RAM is also great for multitasking, and the 256GB PCIe SSD ensures speedy bootup times. This laptop gets excellent battery life thanks to the Ryzen platform’s energy efficiency.
Weighing in at just 3.63 pounds, the Lenovo Flex 5 is relatively lightweight. Upon using this system, you’ll enjoy the premium experience of the backlit keyboard and spacious trackpad. Despite the all-plastic construction, the system still has an overall high-end feel.
Check out the Lenovo Flex 5 on Amazon.
Best Performance 2-in-1 Laptop for Business: Dell Inspiron 17 7000
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE]: The Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1 laptop is powered with the latest 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz) and 64GB high-bandwidth DDR4 memory, powerful processing for advanced multitasking, demanding computing, smooth gaming, multiple tabs browsing, and everyday tasks. 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (15x faster than HDD, stay cool and quiet) offers ample storage, quick boot-ups, fast data access, and improves the overall performance
- [STUNNING VISUALS]: 17.0-inch QHD+ (2560 x 1600) Truelife Touch Narrow Border IPS Display. Intel iris xe graphics with shared video memory gives you a new level of graphics performance with vibrant, lifelike color and details for internet use, fast photo/video editing, streaming, and gaming
- [PREMIUM DESIGN]: The slim and portable touchscreen laptop, and you can work seamlessly, anywhere. With backlit keyboard for comfort typing even in dim-light. Offer 4 versatile modes (laptop, tablet, tent, stand) to best suit your viewing preferences and busy lifestyle, perfect for day-to-day computing, drawing or taking notes, and multimedia
- [BUILT FOR EFFICIENCY]: The windows laptop PC is sensibly optimized for productivity. 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 for fast file transfer, 1x SD Card Reader for easy photo transfer, 1x HDMI, 1x headphone/microphone combo delivers true sound. Fingerprint reader on the power button for easy, fast and safe sign-on. Free Upgrade to Windows 11 When Available.
- [EASY TO USE]: The Dell 2-in-1 laptop is easy to use, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (best version of Windows OS, perfect for Business, Education and Home) offers premium performance and enterprise grade protection, and keeps going with long battery life. Powerful dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (3x faster than Wi-Fi 5) + Bluetooth supports Gigabit speed and smooth video streaming, a 720p HD Webcam and stereo speakers ready for online class, remote work, and virtual meeting
If your main goal is to get the highest performance possible, the Dell Inspiron 17 7000 is the ideal laptop for you. Dell has pulled out all the stops with this laptop, creating an equally powerful and portable machine.
The real crown jewel of this laptop is the massive display. Measuring 17.3” with a QHD IPS panel, this display is bigger than most 2-in-1 laptops on the market. If you need tons of screen real estate to stay productive, this system has you covered. The display is also perfect for multimedia and gaming, with a high refresh rate and color accuracy.
Taking a closer look at the specs, you can get a feel for what an impressive system this is. With an 11th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, you have all the horsepower to take on the most demanding applications. Coupled with a whopping 64GB of RAM, you have a workstation-class powerhouse. To round it all out, you also get a massive 2TB SSD for plenty of storage.
Combined with WiFi 6 and BlueTooth, you have all the features needed in an efficient business laptop. Overall, this system is the best performance 2-in-1 laptop around, beating out the competition with its massive display and workstation-class specs.
Check out the Dell Inspiron 17 7000 on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best 2-in-1 Laptop for Business: Step by Step
If you’re shopping for a laptop to use for business, the 2-in-1 form factor is very tempting. With the advantages of portability and productivity offered by the 2-in-1 design, it’s no wonder this is a favorite among business users. However, if you want to make the best choice, you must pay attention to a few key areas when picking out your laptop.
- Storage and RAM
- Ports and connectivity
Let’s explore each one in more detail.
If you’re using your laptop for business purposes, you’ll probably take it everywhere. From meetings to offices to riding in business class flights, your laptop will stay by your side to handle interim business tasks. Ensuring it doesn’t weigh you down is vital.
Nothing is more exhausting than carting around a heavy laptop all day. Finding a system with a lightweight and slim form factor is critical to ensuring you don’t get tired from lugging around an oversized system. Luckily, modern laptops are trending lighter and slim with each passing generation.
A good-quality display is essential if you’re using your laptop for business. You should be able to see your laptop in various lighting conditions and environments. Additionally, you want a wide viewing angle for using your laptop in business meetings.
Ideally, you should look for a laptop with at least 1080p resolution, although 4K will give you an even more crisp and satisfying image. You should avoid systems with older, low-resolution LCDs and instead opt for newer OLED models. This will ensure your display is bright and durable for years of heavy use.
As a business user, battery life is one of the most essential components of a quality laptop. Nothing is more frustrating than searching for an outlet when you’re in a business meeting or traveling between offices. A laptop with an all-day battery life will give you the flexibility you need to stay productive.
Laptop batteries are measured by watt-hour and milliampere-hour capacity. While higher numbers are better, you should also be aware that the size and specs of a laptop will play a part in battery life. Laptops with massive screens and high-performance specs will run the battery down quicker.
Storage and RAM
Business users can’t afford to overlook storage and RAM. Both are equally important in their own way. While RAM is necessary for multitasking capabilities and running many applications at once, storage is vital for holding all of your programs and files.
You should ensure your 2-in-1 laptop comes with between 8GB and 16GB of RAM, although 4GB can be sufficient in introductory systems. While there is not much benefit to increasing your RAM to 32GB or higher, you should ensure that your RAM is upgradeable. If you don’t have upgradeable RAM, your system may be phased out sooner by more modern systems.
As for storage capacity, you should aim for at least 128GB at the minimum to hold the operating system and a few applications. However, this is a relatively low storage capacity relative to most laptops, and you should easily be able to find models with 1TB of more storage capacity. Additionally, it is essential to locate a system with speedy solid-state storage as opposed to a classic hard drive. SSDs are significantly faster than HDDs, and the performance benefits will be noticeable.
Ports and Connectivity
A good selection of ports is essential if you’re using your laptop for business. Connecting a wide range of devices, peripherals, and adapters is critical. Your laptop should be fully compatible if you need to plug into a monitor or dock at work.
Look out for USB-A and USB Type-C ports. These will allow you to connect mice, keyboards, printers, USB hard drives, external monitors, and much more. As long as you have a few of these ports, you’ll rarely run into problems. HDMI and Thunderbolt ports can also come in handy for connecting TVs and monitors.
You also shouldn’t overlook wireless connectivity. Fortunately, almost every laptop on the market today has everything you need. WiFi 6 will ensure you have compatibility with the latest wireless standards. Bluetooth is vital for connecting to wireless devices like headsets, speakers, and printers.
What it’s Like to Use: 2-in-1 Laptops for Business
While laptops have faced competition from tablets in the past, they always seemed to win the battle. Despite the growing popularity of tablets, business users have always needed the benefits of a full-size laptop. With the advent of 2-in-1 laptops, you no longer have to make a choice between a laptop and a tablet. You get the best of both worlds in one device.
As you can imagine, using a 2-in-1 takes a little getting used to. But once you get the hang of switching between modes, it becomes very intuitive. Many buyers report increased productivity by having a 2-in-1 tablet, and many companies swear by them.
Using a 2-in-1 tablet is quite simple. Most designs allow you to push the screen back until it flips over, turning it into a tablet. The keyboard and trackpad are automatically disabled in tablet mode, allowing you to use touch inputs to navigate. When you flip the device back around, it turns into a laptop once again, with the trackpad and keyboard instantly ready to use.
What To Know Before Buying a 2-in-1 Laptop for Business
You should know what applications you plan to run on your 2-in-1 laptop. More demanding applications will require higher specs, so it is vital that you figure out what programs you will require.
If you want to use your laptop for office work, then Microsoft Office or similar software is probably your first choice. These types of programs have lower requirements and will run on a very simple device. Conversely, if you are doing programming, modeling, graphic design, or anything more demanding, you’ll need a more powerful laptop. Adobe programs like Photoshop tend to have higher requirements than office or email clients like Microsoft Outlook.
You should also know if your laptop needs to be highly portable. Getting a lightweight model would be highly advantageous if you plan to travel with your laptop and take it everywhere. Smaller laptops will tend to have the lowest weight and best battery. However, you must ensure that you don’t sacrifice performance for portability.
- Shopify: Company Profile, History, Key Products, and Controversies Learn all there is to know about the ins and outs of Shopify.
- iPhone 14 Pro vs. Google Pixel 7 Pro: Full Comparison If you’re on the market for a phone, we’ve compared the iPhone 14 Pro and the Google Pixel 7 Pro to help you make the best decision.
- Fun Ways to Make Alexa Mad Want to know how to get under Alexa’s skin? We’ll show you how in this amusing read.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©By Maurizio Pesce from Milan, Italia - Huawei Matebook 2-in-1 tablet with Windows 10, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=51016460.