If you’re looking for the best fitness trackers on the market, there are no two better options than the Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit models. Both companies bring accuracy and compatibility that dominates the market. Whether you’re looking for a do-it-all device or a watch that will never let you down, these companies have you covered.
However, choosing the right smartwatch for your needs can prove difficult, especially with all the options. No worries, we have you covered; we took a look a the best watches from both Apple and Fitbit to help you make a decision. Here’s what you need to know about these excellent fitness trackers.
Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit: Side-by-Side Comparison
These two brands make watches with similar specs. Check out the chart below to see how they compare.
|Apple Watch Series 8||Fitbit Sense 2|
|Connectivity||Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS||Bluetooth, NFC, GPS|
|Sensors||Skin temperature, heart rate, ECG, SpO2||Skin temperature, heart rate, ECG SpO2|
|Battery Life||Up to 36 hours||Up to 6 days|
|Colors||Midnight, Starlight, Silver, Red||Black, Silver Gold|
|Fitbit Versa 4||Fitbit Charge 5|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, NFC, GPS||Bluetooth, NFC, GPS|
|Sensors||Skin temperature, heart rate, breathing rate, SpO2||Skin temperature, heart rate, ECG, SpO2|
|Battery Life||Up to 6 days||Up to 7 days|
|Colors||Graphite, Platinum, Copper Rose||Graphite, Lunar White, Steel Blue|
Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit: What’s the Difference?
- WHY APPLE WATCH SERIES 8 — Your essential companion for a healthy life is now even more powerful. Advanced sensors provide insights to help you better understand your health. New safety features can...
- EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE — Available in a range of sizes and materials, with dozens of bands to choose from and watch faces with complications tailored to whatever you’re into.
- INNOVATIVE SAFETY FEATURES — Crash Detection and Fall Detection can automatically connect you with emergency services in the event of a severe car crash or a hard fall. And Emergency SOS provides...
- ADVANCED HEALTH FEATURES — Temperature sensing is a breakthrough feature that provides deep insights into women’s health. Keep an eye on your blood oxygen. Take an ECG anytime. Get notifications...
- Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date.
When comparing the Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit models, it’s essential to know how they work with your other devices. The smartwatch by Apple runs on watchOS 9, the company’s latest operating system for wearables.
This allows it to interact deeply with other products of the same family. However, the Apple Watch Series 8 requires an iPhone for setup and loses much of its functionality when connected to other devices.
Fitbit’s latest series of smartwatches, on the other hand, are not exclusive to one brand. Running on Google’s updated Wear OS 3, these watches, such as the Sense 2 or the Versa 4, have maximum compatibility with Samsung, Google, or other Android-native smartphones.
They can even connect to Apple devices without much issue. Keep in mind that Fitbit watches are designed as dedicated fitness trackers and don’t include a wide range of applications.
- Learn to manage stress, sleep better and live healthier with Sense 2—our most advanced health and fitness smartwatch
- Manage stress and live healthier: all-day stress detection with cEDA and daily Stress Management Score, ECG app for atrial fibrillation assessment(1), irregular heart rhythm notifications(2),...
- Measure and improve sleep quality: personalized Sleep Profile(5), daily sleep stages & Sleep Score, smart wake alarm and do not disturb mode
- Enhance activity: built-in GPS and workout intensity map, Daily Readiness Score(5), Active Zone Minutes, all-day activity tracking and 24/7 heart rate, 40+ exercise modes and automatic exercise...
- Designed for all-day wear: on-wrist Bluetooth calls, texts and phone notifications(6), customizable clock faces, Fitbit Pay(7), Amazon Alexa built-in(8), Google Wallet & Maps (Google Maps on Android...
The Apple Watch Series 8 tracks several types of exercises, including walking, running, hiking, and more. This model, in particular, updated its cycling accuracy, and can even track your condition in the case of a fall.
For those that are looking for a watch to swim in, you’re in luck; the Series 8 can help track distance and will lock the screen to keep from interruption from water drops. The smartwatch has a waterproof rating of IPX6, which means it can be submerged up to 50m without damage, so get ready to dive in!
When it comes to fitness tracking, the Fitbit series is no slouch. The Sense 2 can track 20 types of exercise, including running, biking, and swimming. It can even recognize and track exercises without any setup.
Additionally, the watches come with active heart rate tracking and comprehensive readiness scores based on activity and sleep. The fitness tracking capabilities of these Fitbit models aren’t anything game-changing, but they do it better than the Apple Watch for sure.
- Provides real-time stats during exercise
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Sleek and modern appearance
- Easy to read time and notifications
While the Apple Watch Series 8 comes packed with interoperability, it comes at a cost to its battery life. The tech company’s premier wearable has a maximum battery life of 36 hours on low power mode. If you’re using it like it’s designed, this means you’re charging it every night.
The Fitbit series does much better in this realm. The Sense 2 and Versa 4 have battery lives that can last up to six days. This means you can exercise all week without having to worry about it dying. The Charge 5 takes its battery life one step further. With up to 7 days of charge, this smartwatch has one of the longest-lasting batteries on the market.
- Optimize your workout routine with a Daily Readiness Score that reveals if you’re ready to exercise or should focus on recovery (Requires Fitbit Premium membership).
- Get a daily Stress Management Score showing your body’s response to stress and take steps to improve your levels with an on-wrist EDA sensor mindfulness session. Band Size:Sm: Fits wrist 5.1"- 6.7"...
- Track your heart health with high & low heart rate notifications and a compatible ECG app (The Fitbit ECG app is available in select countries. Not intended for use by people under 22 years old.)
- With the Health Metrics dashboard, track SpO2, heart rate variability, skin temperature variation and more (Not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition and should not be relied on for any...
- See your real-time pace & distance without your phone using built-in GPS during outdoor activity, then see a map of your workout route in the Fitbit app
When it comes to the cost, it’s expected that Apple’s premier wearable tops the chart. With great fitness tracking and a wide range of applications with iOS, you can expect to spend about $400. If you’d like to have a larger display, the cost continues to rise. For a 45mm face, you’ll have to spend over $500.
If your budget dictates the model you’ll buy, you can rest easy that some of the best fitness wearables on the market won’t break the bank. Fitbit’s most advanced smartwatch, which can automatically track your exercises and will work with more devices, will only run you $300.
And for an even more affordable watch that you can rely on, the Versa 4 costs $230. Finally, for a watch that fits any budget, you can find the Charge 5 for just $150.
Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit: 5 Must-Know Facts
- The Apple Watch Series 8 comes in two sizes.
- The Fitbit series of watches is supported by Google’s wearable OS.
- The Apple Watch is a great option for those that want to do more than just track exercises.
- The Fitbit Charge 5 has one of the longest-lasting batteries on the market.
- The Fitbit Sense 2 can track 20 different exercises automatically.
Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit: Which Is Better? Which One Should You Use?
When it comes to choosing between the Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit models, there’s definitely a model for everyone. Whether it’s connectivity, fitness tracking, battery life, or cost, you’ll want to pick the right smartwatch.
The Apple Watch Series 8 seems like a clear choice; with a wide range of applications and some of the most accurate fitness tracking, this watch is great for the fitness-minded Apple user. It’s especially valuable for those that use iPhones, Apple Airpods, and Macs. However, it’s not so useful for Android users, and its battery isn’t that impressive.
For those that want a dedicated and reliable fitness watch, there’s no better choice than the Fitbit Sense 2. It can connect to practically any device and track 20 different types of exercise.
While it doesn’t come loaded with connectivity like the Apple Watch Series 8, it handles everything you could want for monitoring your exercise. Want a wearable that you can afford without compromise? Check out the Versa 4 or Charge 5.
Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit: Further Reading
Having compared the Apple Watch Series 8 vs Fitbit models, it’s easier to choose the right fitness tracker for your needs. These are just two of the most advanced devices you can buy today. For more technology that you should know about going into 2023, check out the articles below.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max vs Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra: Full Comparison – You’ll want to see how Apple’s newest smartphone compares to its Samsung rival.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra vs iPad Pro: Full Comparison – Maybe you want a larger screen for streaming movies. Here are two of the best tablets on the market.
- Moto G Stylus 5G 2022 vs Moto G Stylus 2021: Full Comparison – Check out what Motorola is doing with their latest devices.
- The 5 Best Cheap Routers that Still Get the Job Done – Reviewed and Ranked – You don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars for internet connectivity. These routers have you covered.