Generally, the Apple Watch 7 series has been upgraded manually over the 6 series. It offers larger displays and large case sizes, more color options, is more durable, has the S7 chip, and charges faster. But, all in all, these changes are not really major reasons that may require a user to upgrade from 6 to 7. Although there are new features in the 7 series, there is no additional function.
Apple Watch 6 vs. 7: A Side-by-Side Comparison
|Apple Watch 6
|Apple Watch 7
|Always-on retina display
|Always-on retina display and an additional 20% more screen space
|324 × 394 pixels for the 411mm, 368 × 448 pixels for the 45mm
|352 × 430 pixels for the 41mm, 396 × 484 for the 45mm
|Resistant to water
|Resistant to water and has IPB 6x
|Senses blood oxygen, electrical hearts, always one time
|Has fall detection
|Aluminum: silver, gold, space gray, blue, and red
Stainless: silver, graphite, gold
Titanium: natural docs blackout
|Aluminum: midnight, green, blue, red straight, gold
Titanium: natural space servers
|Lasts up to 18 hours
|Lasts up to 18 hours with 35% faster charging
Apple Watch 6 vs. 7: What’s the Difference?
It is widely known that an Apple Watch is the ultimate device for a healthy life. It is slightly different from other devices that can do what others cannot simply because it’s on the wrist.
It has more advantages for athletes as it becomes an invisible fitness partner, measures how you move, gives important insights on health, and creates a connection to the people you love. It is just a glance away. The Series 6 is water-resistant and has much other hardware, an always-on next-generation altimeter, and beautiful color options.
The series also brings about easy communication, tracks sleep, automatic detection for hands washing, a new type of workout, and the ability to share expressions on the watch.
- Blood oxygen sensor and app: this series enhances the health capabilities the previous models had to offer with the new feature that can measure the oxygen saturation of a user’s blood, making it a lot easier to track overall fitness and wellness levels.
- Design and performance: this latest series adds even more features and power to the same impeccable design.
- Always-on altimeter: the always-on altimeter gives a correct time elevation all day. It uses a new, more powerful, efficient barometric altimeter, GPS, and nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Measures the blood oxygen saturation (spo2) only when demanded
- Has the always-on altimeter to enable real-time tracking and elevation
- The wrist-down screen brightness is improved
- Has one fast and new processor
- Very attractive as it has new colors for the bands
- Battery life could be better
This series’ features are upgraded from the Series 6. The Series 7 ensures that everything you care about will be present, helping you to stay connected with your family, friends, notifications, music, and photos. The fact is it works very well with the iPhone.
Some feature of the Apple Watch 7 series is that the Watch 7 series has a larger, brighter, and tougher display that reaches the edge of the device. It has five aluminum color options, and it also has stainless and titanium; there is a 20% increase in the display.
- Display: The display has been pushed over the edge by about 20%.
- Health: Every health feature in this series is found in the upgraded hardware.
- Heart: The heart rate is a primary health feature of all health and fitness metrics. The sensor at the back is to detect heart rate.
- Fall detection: This detects if there has been a fall or if the wearer has been involved in a collision.
- Bigger screen
- Full range of fitness features
- Battery life could be enhanced
- No fast charger is available
Must-Know Facts About the Apple Watch Series 6
- The 6 Series is an invisible fitness partner.
- The Apple Watch has a revolutionary sensor and app that measures blood oxygen levels.
- It is water-resistant.
- The altimeter is always on.
Must-Know Facts About the Apple Watch 7
- The Series 7 offers up to 20% more screen and has a trimmer body at 17 mm. It is smaller than that of the Apple Watch 6.
- It is the most durable Apple Watch you can find. The Series 7 features a redesigned front; it has a stronger geometry and is 50% thicker than the Apple Watch 6. It is resistant to dust and water.
- It charges fast with a single charge, and provides an 18-hour-long power life.
- There is also a feature for those who ride bikes. The automatic workout reminders in the watch help riders.
Where to Buy
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET: Apple Watch Series 6 GPS Model lets you call, text, and get directions from your wrist, while leaving your phone in your pocket. It offers multiple connectivity...
- ALWAYS-ON RETINA DISPLAY: You no longer need to raise your wrist or touch the screen to see the time or other information on your watch face, because the display never sleeps. All you need to do is...
- ECG ON YOUR WRIST: With the ECG app, Apple Watch Series 6 is capable of generating an ECG similar to a single-lead electrocardiogram. It's a momentous achievement for a wearable device that can...
- WORKOUTS THAT DON'T QUIT: Cycling, yoga, swimming, high-intensity interval training...the list goes on. You name it, Apple Watch measures it. Set workout-specific goals, see full summaries when you're...
- GET LOST IN YOUR MUSIC: With Apple Music on your wrist, you've got 60 million tracks of musical motivation to take you places. You can also catch up on the latest podcasts or listen to an audiobook if...
- Always-on Retina display has nearly 20% more screen area than Series 6, making everything easier to see and use
- The most crack-resistant front crystal yet on an Apple Watch, IP6X dust resistance, and swimproof design
- Measure your blood oxygen with a powerful sensor and app
- Take an ECG anytime, anywhere
- Get high and low heart rate, and irregular heart rhythm notifications
Apple Watch 6 vs. 7: Which One is Worth It?
Because of the larger display, same design, and new color options on Apple Watch Series 7, it is an upgrade from the Series 6. The most noticeable upgrades are the big screen and faster charging.
For users who wish to upgrade from a lower version like the Series 4 to something earlier, upgrading to the Series 7 is a good choice. Upgrading from the Series 6 to the Series 7 is more or less a waste, considering they share most of their features and the Apple Watch 6 is pretty great.
If sleep-tracking is a top priority for you, then the Series 7 is undoubtedly the best choice, or if you have a very demanding usage of the watch that needs to be charged during the day.
With many small improvements, the fast charging ability is an advantage to the 7, but keep in mind they both don’t hold a charge for too long.
- Apple Watch Series 8 vs Series 7: 2 Key Differences and Full Comparison
- WHOOP vs. Apple Watch: How to Know Which is Best for You
- How to Connect Apple Watch to iPhone in 7 Steps (With Photos)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©oasisamuel/Shutterstock.com.