- Apple Watch Series 8 went on sale on 16th September, starting at $399.
- A new feature includes a temperature sensor that allows women to track their results on their cycle health more accurately.
- The new Apple Watch SE is 30% cheaper, 20% faster, and offers a better experience than the original.
7th September was a big day for Apple and its loyal customers. The fruit-themed tech giant announced the release of a wide range of new products, including iPhones, Apple watches, and AirPods. As we all know, Apple strives to advance its products, meaning every single one is aimed to offer a better experience than its predecessors.
And they have raised the bar a little higher this year, thanks to the company’s innovative and creative team that designs each product with the user in mind. In terms of software and hardware, expect these newly introduced products to work seamlessly, providing you with a more enhanced and personalized experience than ever.
You’re probably eager to know what is packed in Apple’s latest generation of AirPods, Apple Watches, and iPhones. So, here is a summary of everything Apple announced at the ‘Far Out’ 2022 event.
Apple Watch Series 8
- WHY APPLE WATCH SERIES 8 — Your essential companion for a healthy life is now even more powerful. Advanced sensors provide insights to help you better understand your health. New safety features can get you help when you need it. The bright, Always-On Retina display is easy to read, even when your wrist is down.
- EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE — Available in a range of sizes and materials, with dozens of bands to choose from and watch faces with complications tailored to whatever you’re into.
- INNOVATIVE SAFETY FEATURES — Crash Detection and Fall Detection can automatically connect you with emergency services in the event of a severe car crash or a hard fall. And Emergency SOS provides urgent assistance with the press of a button.
- ADVANCED HEALTH FEATURES — Temperature sensing is a breakthrough feature that provides deep insights into women’s health. Keep an eye on your blood oxygen. Take an ECG anytime. Get notifications if you have an irregular rhythm. And see how much time you spent in REM, Core, or Deep sleep with Sleep Stages.
- SIMPLY COMPATIBLE — It works seamlessly with your Apple devices and services. Unlock your Mac automatically. Find your devices with a tap. Pay and send money with Apple Pay. Apple Watch requires an iPhone 8 or later with the latest iOS version.
This Apple Watch went on sale on 16th September, starting at $399 for the GPS model and $499 for the cellular one. It is powered by WatchOS 9 and has two LTPO OLED displays measuring 41mm and 45mm. Not many design updates were done on the Watch Series 8.
However, it comes with two-inbuilt temperature sensors (one sits on the wearer’s skin and the other on display), international roaming, and crash detection functionality.
With the new temperature sensor, women can have detailed and more accurate results on their health and ovulation cycle. The latest crash detector is a beneficial feature in a severe car crash. It monitors the wearer’s responsiveness, and if movement is not detected within 10 seconds after the car crash, it will contact emergency services and pin down the wearer’s location.
The watch has a crack-resistant front glass and an always-on display (AOD) feature allowing you to view helpful information, like the time, without having to tap on the screen. It also offers water resistance up to 50 meters. Hence it is not an ideal watch for extreme water sports.
When fully charged, the Watch Series 8 offers 18 hours of battery life, but this can be extended to 36 hours via the low-power mode option. In addition, the watch comes in four color options: starlight, product red, midnight, and silver; all 100% recyclable aluminum cases.
Apple Watch SE 2
- WHY APPLE WATCH SE — All the essentials to help you monitor your fitness, keep connected, track your health, and stay safe. Now up to 20 percent faster, with features like Crash Detection and...
- EASILY CUSTOMIZABLE — Available in a range of sizes and colors, with dozens of bands to choose from and watch faces with complications tailored to whatever you’re into.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY FEATURES — Get help when you need it with Crash Detection, Fall Detection, and Emergency SOS. Get deep insights into your health, including notifications if you have an irregular...
- SIMPLY COMPATIBLE — It works seamlessly with your Apple devices and services. Unlock your Mac automatically. Find your devices with a tap. Pay and send money with Apple Pay. Apple Watch requires an...
- SWIMPROOF AND STYLISH — Water resistant to 50 meters. Three finishes. And a redesigned, color-matched back case made with a new production process that reduces its carbon emissions over 80 percent.
The new Apple Watch SE is 30% cheaper, 20% faster, and offers a better experience than the original SE. It was made available on 16th September alongside Apple Watch Series 8, with the 40mm model clocking in at $249 and $299 for the GPS and cellular models, respectively. The 44mm models were released at $279 for the GPS and $329 for the cellular.
The Apple Watch SE 2 runs on an S8 chip, similar to Apple Watch Series 8. In addition to the original SE features, this new model comes with a crash-detection function and international roaming capabilities. It is available in three shades: starlight, midnight, and silver.
If you have kids that go to school, the cellular model is a perfect Apple wrist wearable. It allows parental control, pins down the wearer’s location, and gives access to emergency services.
Apple Watch Ultra
- WHY APPLE WATCH ULTRA — Rugged and capable, built to meet the demands of endurance athletes, outdoor adventurers, and water sports enthusiasts — with a specialized band for each. Up to 36 hours of battery life, plus all the Apple Watch features that help you stay healthy, safe, and connected.
- EXTREMELY RUGGED, INCREDIBLY CAPABLE — 49mm corrosion-resistant titanium case. Larger Digital Crown and more accessible buttons. 100m water resistance. Customizable Action button for instant physical control over a variety of functions.
- BIGGEST, BRIGHTEST DISPLAY YET— A bright Always-On Retina display that’s easy to see, even in direct sunlight. More room for adding complications to customize your watch face.
- FOR ENDURANCE ATHLETES — Advanced metrics in the Workout app, including Heart Rate Zones and Running Form. Precision dual-frequency GPS for accuracy, distance, route, and pace calculations. Trail Loop band is thin, light, and flexible, designed especially for runners.
- FOR OUTDOOR ADVENTURERS — Redesigned Compass app delivers all-new views and functionality. Mark your location with Compass Waypoints. Backtrack uses GPS to map where you’ve been so you can retrace your steps. Alpine Loop band is extremely rugged and secure to meet the needs of hikers and climbers.
Launched on 23rd September, priced at $799, is the Ultra; Apple’s most advanced wearable targeting fitness enthusiasts. It is designed to withstand extreme environments. With regular use, the Apple Watch Ultra battery will last up to 36 hours, but this can be extended to 60 hours thanks to the low power mode setting.
This watch comes with a 49mm display, larger than the series 7 model. It enjoys better GPS capabilities and the brightest always-on Retina display of up to 2000nits. With a water resistance of up to 100m, it is an excellent gadget for the underwater experience. The watch is also engineered to accommodate the wearer’s personalized demands.
It allows activity tracking and backs all the wearer’s memories on iPhone. It comes with an action button giving the wearer better control over all features available, and it has a siren to draw attention in case of an injury or when lost.
AirPods Pro 2
- Active Noise Cancellation reduces unwanted background noise
- Adaptive Transparency lets outside sounds in while reducing loud environmental noise
- Personalized Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you
- Multiple ear tips (XS, S, M, L)
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
Apple launched the new second-generation AirPods Pro on the 23rd of last month, priced at $249. These AirPods look similar to the original AirPods Pro version but offer an improved active noise cancellation (2x as much). Listening to music has gotten better, with the Adaptive Transparency Mode specifically designed to reduce harsh and loud environmental noise.
The Pro 2 buds come with ear tips of varying sizes. They also sport an H2 Chip, a touch control feature, a new custom-built amplifier, and drivers to provide more accurate and crystal-clear sound in varying frequencies.
iPhone 14 Lineup
Apple announced its new iPhone 14 lineup flagships, starting with iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max. How do these four versions compare?
Technical Specs Comparison Table
|iPhone14||iPhone14 Plus||iPhone 14 Pro||iPhone14 Pro Max|
|Display Type||Super Retina XDR OLED||Super Retina XDR OLED||OLED||OLED|
|Resolution||1170 x 2532 pixels||1284 x 2778 pixels||1179 x 2556 Pixels||1290 x 2796 Pixels|
|Screen Size||6.1 inches||6.7 inches||6.1 inches||6.7 inches|
|Protection||Ceramic Shield glass||Ceramic Shield glass||Gorilla glass||Gorilla glass|
|Chipset||Apple A15 Bionic||Apple A15 Bionic||Bionic A16||Bionic A16|
|System||iOS 16||iOS 16||iOS 16||iOS 16|
|Rear Camera||12MP wide & 12 MP Ultra-wide||12MP wide & 12 MP Ultra-wide||48 MP wide, 12mp ultra wide &12MP telephoto||48MP wide, 12mp ultra wide &12 MP telephoto|
|Front Camera||12MP wide||12MP wide||12MP||12MP|
|Color||Product RedMidnightStarlight||Product RedMidnightStarlight||SilverDeep PurpleSpace BlackGold||SilverDeep PurpleSpace BlackGold|
What to Know
These four models have already been launched. They come with satellite safety features. However, there is not much difference between the iPhone 14 and 14 plus. These two models are stuck with a notch similar to the iPhone 13 lineup. But the Plus will suit you if you are looking for better battery life and a bigger screen. Alternatively, you can opt for Pro Max if you’re ready to cough up an extra $200.
Apple redesigned the Pro models with a new Dynamic Island, abandoning the notch. This feature lets you view all the activities on your iPhone’s home screen. It supports various apps, allowing them to run simultaneously. For instance, you can listen to music on your iPhone, navigate through your Google maps for directions, and receive a call at the same time.
Similarly to the 14 and 14 plus, the Pro and Pro Max don’t differ much. However, while the 14 Pro matches many capabilities engineered on the 14 Pro Max, it has a smaller display and battery at a $100 less price point.
Looking for the Latest Apple Products?
You’re probably excited to get your hands on these great products. The good news is that we have given you a deep insight into what to expect from Apple’s latest flagships.
So, whether you want to switch from an android to a new iPhone model or upgrade to the latest Apple device, you can decide which among the above releases suits your needs and budget.
Check out some of these other awesome articles:
- AMOLED vs OLED: Full Comparison
- HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision: How Do They Compare?
- Best Linux Distro for MacBook Pro in 2022
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API