Streaming your favorite TV shows should be easy, but it can be more complicated than you’d hope. This is especially true with smart TVs, as the sheer number of features can be overwhelming for the casual viewer. An alternative to a state-of-the-art TV is the Fire TV Stick. If you’re looking for a simple streaming solution, Amazon is offering a huge 50% discount on the newest Fire Stick for a limited time. [Related: 7 Best Devices to Turn a Regular TV into a Smart TV]
- Supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, and Wi-Fi 6
- Compatible with Alexa and smart home devices
- Stream your favorite apps and services from one device
- 6-month MGM+ subscription included
Why Should You Buy the Amazon Fire TV Stick?
The benefits of the Fire Stick might not be clear at first glance, so here’s a quick rundown:
- Simplicity: Say goodbye to complex smart TV setups and a whole bunch of streaming boxes. With the Fire Stick, you can access all of your favorite services (Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, and more) from one place. Plug in the stick, pair, and begin watching from one device.
- Voice controls: With the voice remote, putting on a show is as easy as speaking to Alexa. A quick button press enables voice control, so you won’t find yourself activating it accidentally.
- Supports the latest tech: With 4K and Wi-Fi 6 compatibility, the new version is quicker than the previous model. Even when multiple devices are connected to the internet, streaming is faster than before.
- More than movies: If you want to check sports scores or the news, or put on a playlist, you can do this with the Fire remote.
- Free options: Aside from subscription services, you can tune into free streaming with Amazon Freevee, YouTube, and Pluto TV.
Is the Fire Stick Worth It?
Whether the Fire Stick is a good buy for you depends on your setup. If you don’t use many subscription streaming services, the simplicity of the Fire Stick may not offer much benefit. On the other hand, if you’ve got Wi-Fi 6 enabled and some compatible smart devices, you can get a lot of use out of it. It’s a great choice for cutting down on clutter in your entertainment room, especially if you’ve got compatible smart devices or Amazon products. The boost in performance over older models is most noticeable if you have Wi-Fi 6 enabled. This is definitely something to consider.
Complete your home theater setup by grabbing the half-off Fire Stick from Amazon.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Aayan Arts/Shutterstock.com.