AirPods Max vs Beats Studio 3: 7 Must-Know Facts
- Both AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 are Apple products because Beats Electronics, the company producing Beats Studio headphones, became an Apple subsidiary in 2014.
- Both AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 use Apple’s W1 chip.
- AirPods Max are the first wireless over-ear headphones designed by Apple.
- AirPods Max are currently the most expensive product in the AirPods lineup.
- Even though they were released in 2017, the Beats Studio 3 headphones are still the most recent product in Beats Studio’s lineup, as of September 2022.
- AirPods Max were manufactured by Luxsgare and Goertek.
- Both AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 are compatible with Siri.
When it comes to wireless headphones, there are a lot of great options on the market. But if you’re looking for the best of the best, it’s hard to find a pair of headphones that beats both AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3. They are two of the most popular headphones on the market today. Packed with advanced features and exceptional sound quality, they are generally considered to be the best wireless headphones available.
So, if you’re looking to invest in a pair of high-quality headphones, which of them should you buy? Keep reading to find out.
AirPods Max vs Beats Studio 3: Side by Side Comparison
|AirPods Max||Beats Studio 3|
|What it is||The first wireless over-ear headphones produced by Apple||Wireless over-ear headphones|
|Developer||Apple||Beats by Dr. Dre|
|Listening Time||Up to 20 hours||Up to 22 hours|
|Weight||13.6 ounces (385.6 grams)||9.7 ounces (274.9 grams)|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth and Lightning||Bluetooth and USB|
|Number of Microphones||9||1|
AirPods Max vs Beats Studio 3: What’s the Difference?
Apple’s AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 are amazing headphones. They both have undeniably high audio quality. However, there are a couple of differences between them.
- Apple-designed dynamic driver for high-fidelity audio.
- Active Noise Cancellation blocks outside noise and lets you enjoy your music.
- Hear and interact with the world around you via Transparency mode
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for surround sound experience.
- Custom acoustic design combines with Apple H1 chip and software for elevated listening experiences.
AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 have a good finish and an over-ear design that offers comfort and high-quality audio. However, AirPods Max have a luxurious appearance, which gives it an edge over Beats Studio 3.
AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 are also controlled differently. With Beats Studio 3, all of its controls are limited to the ‘b’ button. With the ‘b’ button, users can pause and play music, skip to the next track, or play a previous track. Users also use the ‘b’ button to answer and decline calls.
On the other hand, AirPods Max offer a Digital Crown selector, which can be rotated to adjust volume, play a previous track, and skip to the next track. AirPods Max users can also use the Digital Crown to answer calls and activate Siri.
In terms of color, AirPods Max offer users five different colors: silver, gray, blue, pink, and green. Whereas Beats Studio 3 offers seven colors: gray, blue, white, matte black, black & red, red, and black. Another difference between AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 is that, unlike AirPods Max, the Beats Studio 3 headphones are foldable.
In addition, the cases for AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 differ in design. The latter’s case design is traditional, allowing users to store their headphones safely when not in use. AirPods Max’s case, on the other hand, has a controversial design. Mainly because it doesn’t cover the entire headphones. Its case only protects part of them, leaving the mesh and headband unprotected.
AirPods Max’s battery lasts for 20 hours, whereas Beats Studio 3 lasts up to 22 hours. However, both wireless headphones have different charging techniques. AirPods Max have a smart case that keeps it charged when not in use. On the other hand, Beats Studio 3 have fast charging technology. It allows 3 hours of playback after a quick 10-minutes charge.
Another difference between AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 is that Beats Studio 3 can be turned off to conserve battery. For example, if you are going on a long trip and your Studio 3 wireless headphones’ battery is low, you can easily turn it off to save it. However, AirPods Max can’t be turned off. When not in use, users can place them in their smart case.
AirPods Max also have lightning connection capability, unlike Beats Studio 3, which have a Micro-USB port. However, both headphones offer fast charging. They can last for hours with just a 10-minute charge.
#3: Sound Quality
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
Both AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 have exceptional sound quality. They both have active noise cancellation and offer a rich and balanced audio output. However, AirPods Max’s noise cancellation is slightly better than Beats Studio 3’s ANC. AirPods Max’s active noise cancellation also offers users a better experience.
In addition, AirPods Max have a total of nine microphones, with eight of them dedicated to active noise cancellation. On the other hand, Beats Studio 3 have just one microphone. What’s more, the AirPods Max’s ambient sound mode gives them an extra advantage over Beats Studio 3. Ambient sound allows you to hear everything going on around you, which means that you could be listening to music and still be able to hear background conversations.
AirPods Max weigh 385.6 grams, which makes them heavier than Beats Studio 3, which weigh 274.9 grams. The difference in their weight is more than 100 grams, which makes Beats Studio 3 the more convenient option in terms of weight.
AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 have different inbuilt features. Apple released AirPods Max 3 years after Beats Studio 3 came out, so they offer several upgraded features. For example, the Beats Studio 3 headphones are equipped with Bluetooth version 4, while AirPods Max feature an upgraded Bluetooth version 5. A major difference in their features is AirPods Max’s lightning port, which is exclusive to Apple devices. The Beats Studio 3 headphones come only with a Micro-USB port.
AirPods Max are currently listed at $549 on popular e-commerce websites. However, Beats Studio 3 are more affordable. They’re listed at $349.95 on the official Apple website. However, you can get a pair of Beats Studio 3 on Amazon for as low as $249, making them a more affordable option.
AirPods Max vs Beats Studio 3: Which One is Better? Which One Should You Use?
Both AirPods Max and Beats Studio 3 are among the best premium headphones on the market right now. They are both high-quality headphones with active noise cancellation, quality audio output, and fast charging, and are compatible with Siri. But which ones should you buy?
Beats Studio 3 has many of the same features as the AirPods Max, and the best part is that they come at a cheaper price. You can buy Beats Studio 3 on Amazon for as low as $249, making them a lot more affordable than AirPods Max, which cost $549. Based on our review, Beats Studio 3 are better than AirPods Max, partly because they offer similar features at a much cheaper price and offer a longer-lasting battery.
Interested in similar articles? Click on the links below:
- Nothing Ear 1 vs. Airpods Pro: How Do They Compare? The former are active noise-canceling earphones with Bluetooth at an affordable price. But how do they hold up against the latter? Find out here.
- AirPods Max vs Bose QuietComfort 45: Which is Better? They’re both effective at cancelling noise, and are capable of providing high quality audio in addition to being comfortable. But which one comes with more perks? Discover the answer here.
- Echo Buds vs Pixel Buds: Which Is Better? They come right behind Apple’s Airpods in terms of popularity. Find out how these wireless earbuds measure up against each other.