iPhone 12 has an elegant, hard-to-resist exterior but could still benefit from a case. Ultra-thin iPhone cases can protect your device without compromising its compactness. Whether you have an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini, you have plenty of options for ultra-thin cases. Make sure you get one that matches your phone’s size, as the iPhone 12 Mini is 5.4 inches, and the standard iPhone 12 is 6.1 inches. Consider compatibility, features, material, price, and design when choosing a case for your iPhone too.
After spending a considerable time reviewing several cases, our rankings for the best ultra thin iPhone 12 cases in 2022 are:
- Best overall: Apple Silicone Case
- Best design: Totallee Thin Case
- Best budget option: Spigen Thin Fit Designed Case
- Best for performance: ESR Slim 360° Protective Case
- Most durable: Smartish Kung-Fu Grip Slim Case
Best Overall: Apple Silicone Case
- Display size: 6.1 inches.The silky, soft-touch finish of the silicone exterior feels great in your hand. And on the inside, there’s a soft microfiber lining for even more protection.
- With built-in magnets that align perfectly with iPhone 12 | 12 Pro, the case offers a magical attach and detach experience, every time.
- The perfectly aligned magnets make wireless charging faster and easier than ever before. And when it’s time to charge, just leave the case on your iPhone and snap on your MagSafe charger, or set it...
- Like every Apple-designed case, it undergoes thousands of hours of testing throughout the design and manufacturing process. So not only does it look great, it’s built to protect your iPhone from...
- Compatibility: iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
The Apple Silicone Case checks all the boxes of being the best, ultra thin iPhone 12 case out there. It has a soft, silky silicone texture, a sleek design, and the best fit for your iPhone 12’s edges. The case also has a super soft microfibre lining that prevents your phone from shocks and scratches.
The best part of the Apple Silicone Case is its latest MagSafe technology. This feature allows you to easily attach your iPhone 12 to wireless accessories (like PopSockets or cardholders) and the charger.
A range of color options is available. So, you can get your favorite. Of course, the price of this case is a bit steep. But that shouldn’t come as a suprise considering all the fantastic features this case offers.
- Microfiber lining
- A diverse color range
- MagSafe compatibility
- Smooth texture
- Not cheap
Check out the Apple Silicone Case on Amazon.
Best Design: Totallee Thin Case
- ULTRA THIN. Only 0.02 inches thin. No bulk. One of the thinnest iPhone 12 cases on the market that helps you maintain the original beauty of your iPhone. This is the most pocket-friendly case for...
- EVERYDAY PROTECTION. Keep your iPhone looking like new by protecting it from scratches and minor drops. A raised “lip” around the camera prevents damage to the lens. Pair it with a totallee screen...
- BETTER QUALITY. Unlike similar products this thin iPhone 12 case is designed to perfectly fit your phone and not become loose and peel off your phone. Quality you can trust from a USA-based company
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. Each case is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. Contact totallee directly to take advantage of your warranty
- THE PERFECT CASE FOR iPHONE 12. This case offers everything you need in an iPhone 12 case, and nothing you don’t. Compatible with iPhone 12 (new 2020 release)
Made of a sturdy yet flexible plastic, the Totallee Thin Case gives your iPhone 12 a minimal look.
If you’re matter case fan, you’ve this case. The plastic is super thin and has an excellent grip, making it the best-designed ultra thin iPhone 12 case on this list. Totallee provides complete protection from minor falls and shocks to keep your phone in one piece. It also preserves your iPhone’s original beauty and only aims to keep it as good as brand-new.
This Totallee Thin Case also has raised edges to add an extra layer of protection to your iPhone 12’s cameras and screen. However, it may not provide sufficient drop protection to your device.
- Super thin
- Minimal design
- Flexible plastic material
- Four color options
- Insufficient drop protection
Check out the Totallee Thin Case on Amazon.
Best Budget Option: Spigen Thin Fit Designed Case
- Hybrid structure of PC and TPU with Air Cushion Technology to achieve a durable but slim design
- Scratch resistant PC keeps the phone lightweight and pocket-friendly.
- Covered buttons offer original click response and quick accessibility
- Slim fit design keeps application and removal effortless
- Compatible with iPhone 12 (2020) / Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro (2020)
Spigen Thin Fit Designed Case is a good option for those looking for a decent, low-cost case for their iPhone 12.
If you have been searching for the best ultra thin iPhone 12 cases for a while now, you must be familiar with Spigen’s name. The brand holds a significant position in the market for its high-quality iPhone cases at super-affordable prices. The Spigen Thin Fit Designed Case best portrays Spigen’s reputation.
The case is made of a polycarbonate (PC) that makes it scratch-resistant, lightweight, and pocket-friendly—all at the same time. The open buttons on the case provide seamless accessibility and on-time click response.
Spigen Thin Fit Designed Case is also QNMP compatible, meaning you can magnetically mount your iPhone 12. However, this can interfere with wireless charging. So, if you’re short on your budget, go for this case without thinking twice.
- QNMP compatibility
- Open buttons for original click response
- May disrupt wireless charging
- Only one color is available
Check out the Spigen Thin Fit Designed Case on Amazon.
Best for Performance: ESR Slim 360° Protective Case
- Silky-smooth – Soft texture with a grippy matte finish for comfort & protection.
- Premium protection – Soft lining to protect against scratches. Raised bezels help protect your screen & camera.
- Slim & secure – Thin & light to protect your iPhone 12/iPhone 12 pro without added bulk.
- Perfect fit – Fits perfectly on your iPhone 12/iPhone 12 pro with precise cutouts and ultra-soft edges that keep it easy to put on & take off.
- Wireless charging ready – Thin enough to charge wirelessly with your case on.
The ESR Slim 360° Protective Case is super thin but provides a strong and comfortable grip and ultra protection against drops.
This ultra thin iPhone 12 case is not just about aesthetics, it also offers you the best performance, and the minimal, grippy matte finish just comes as a bonus.
ESR Slim 360° also features a soft inner lining to protect your iPhone 12 from scratches. With our hands-on experience, we also found the raised bezels, in this case, which protect your phone’s cameras and screen.
The precise and detailed cutouts of this case makes it easier for you to play games or watch movies comfortably. If performance is your priority, this case can be a good choice.
- Strong grip
- Raised bezels for screen and camera protection
- Microfiber lining for scratch protection
- Precise cutouts for easy handling
- Vulnerable to fingerprint smudges
Check out the ESR Slim 360° Protective Case on Amazon.
Most Durable: Smartish Kung-Fu Grip Slim Case
- Super Grippy Texture - Just the right amount of grip, so you DON'T drop it like it's hot
- Protective Air-Pocket Corners - Think airbags for your iPhone
- Ultra-light & Durable Construction - Thin and protected? It must have a life-coach
- Plays well with Wireless & MagSafe Chargers - Nikola Tesla Approved!
If you want a case that will protect your new iPhone for many yars, look no further than the Smartish Kung-Fu Grip Slim Case.
This case is not only slim, but also offers all-day protection to your iPhone thanks to its cushioned corners. These cushions act like airbags to protect your phone in case of an accident or fall.
The Smartish Kung-Fu Grip case also has raised edges to protect your phone’s screen against rough surfaces. You’ll also love the case’s textured sides that offer a firm grip. However, we found the buttons on this case a bit hard to press.
- High-grip textured sides
- Air cushions for protection
- Multiple colors available
- Raised edges
- Buttons can be hard to press
Check out the Smartish Kung-Fu Grip Slim Case on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Ultra Thin iPhone 12 Cases: Step by Step
Picking a case for your iPhone 12 is mostly just about your preference. But if you’re looking to invest in a high-quality case that stays a part of your phone’s body for years, you must consider the below 4 factors to make the right choice:
Let’s review each one in more detail.
To ensure a perfect fit, ensure your case matches your phone’s size. iPhones’ sizes don’t change dramatically. So, you can easily find cases that can fit different models.
Apart from the size, look for the things you might not need with your iPhone 12. For example, the headphone jack hole. For ease, ask for the iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini case.
iPhone cases come with different options in colors, design, and texture. You can find a case in rich color or with no color, a case with raised bezels or one without it, a matte case or a shiny one. It all depends on what you want.
Some cases may also have credit card storage, raised power buttons or volume control switches, and battery cases. If you want an ultra thin iPhone case, ensure it doesn’t have a credit card or battery storage, as it will add weight. Instead, opt for a minimal case.
The type of iPhone case material will determine its texture, grip, and weight. A glossy case is typically smooth to the touch, while a matte one has a strong grip. iPhone cases are typically made of plastic, leather, synthetic leather, silicone, carbon fiber, aramid fiber, wood, or bamboo. Aramid fiber is a super thin, drop and scratch-resistant material, so go for it.
How much do you want to spend? iPhone cases vary with quality. Plastic cases are affordable, while leather and bamboo cases are expensive. At Apple’s official store, the prices for iPhone 12 cases start from $49, but you can also find cheaper ones at Amazon. Remember that an iPhone case is an investment to protect your device for many years.
What To Know Before Buying Ultra Thin iPhone 12 Cases
When searching for an ultra thin iPhone 12 case, ensure it matches your phone’s size. iPhone 12 comes in different sizes (Mini, Pro, and Pro Max). Get the right size for your phone to ensure the perfect fit.
Also, ensure that your iPhone doesn’t look bulky with the case, or it will kill the purpose of getting an ultra-thin case. Another thing, consider the quality and durability of the case as ultra thin cases are usually fragile. However, quality ultra thin iPhone 12 cases can go for years without needing a replacement.
Many iPhone 12 cases are allow for wireless charging. Look for this feature before buying an ultra thin case for your iPhone. Another feature to look out for is the grip. Typically, cases with textured sides are easy to hold.
Using Ultra Thin iPhone 12 Cases: What it’s Like
The best ultra thin iPhone 12 cases not only add a sleek look to your phone but also provide superior protection against falls and drops. With multiple options available in the market, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Your ideal ultra thin iPhone 12 case is the one that fits your phone, is within your budget, and checks all the boxes.
If you don’t mind a little bulkiness around iPhone’s corners, you should look for a case with air cushions. Similarly, if the appearance of the case is your primary concern, look for a case in your favorite color and design. Using an ultra thin iPhone 12 case is as simple as that!