- The LifeProof FRĒ SERIES case is rated for submersion up to six feet for two hours and can withstand falls as high as 6.6 feet. It’s constructed of recycled plastic.
- The Catalyst Total Protection for iPhone is a slim case designed to protect your phone without feeling bulky. It’s safe for underwater depths of up to 33 feet, perfect for scuba diving or snorkeling.
- The budget-friendly ProCase Universal Waterproof Case Phone Dry Bag is a simple and easy-to-use pouch. The seal is tight and keeps out water like a pro.
Even though the iPhone 13 now offers splash and water resistance for up to 30 minutes underwater, it can still be risky to take your phone out for a beach day. So unless you want an excellent reason to upgrade to a new iPhone 14, a waterproof case might be a good idea for those who wish to bring their phone with them everywhere. Here are the 5 top rated waterproof cases you can get for your iPhone 13.
- Best Overall: LifeProof FRĒ SERIES
- Deepest Waterproof Rating: Catalyst Total Protection
- Best Phone Pouch: Hiearcool Waterproof Phone Pouch
- Best Budget Friendly: ProCase Universal Waterproof Case Phone Dry Bag
- Best For Underwater Photography: Yogre Diving Case
Best Overall: LifeProof FRĒ SERIES
- Display size: 6.1 inches.Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro (ONLY)
- WaterProofand submersible to 2 meters for 1 hour
- Made with 60% recycled plastic
- Slim, sleek design follows your phone’s precision lines
- Proper installation of a LifeProof product is important to successful use so please review the installation video and check the user manual to ensure correct installation Includes LifeProof 1-year limited warranty (see website for details)
The LifeProof FRĒ SERIES proves that you don’t need a big bulky case to have the ultimate protection. The case is rated for submersion up to six feet for two hours and can withstand falls as high as 6.6 feet. All while being made from recycled plastic. The built-in screen protector provides excellent protection while letting the touch screen be responsive. If your primary concern isn’t water protection, this case also offers excellent dust and cold temp protection.
Check out the LifeProof FRĒ SERIES on Amazon.
Deepest Waterproof Rating: Catalyst Total Protection
- ✅ SUPERIOR WATERPROOF TECHNOLOGY - Each of our Total Protection cases seal in the device so it keeps water out, allowing it to be submerged underwater up to 33ft (10m). This allows you to never miss a moment and savor each memory whether you’re snorkelling, skiing, hiking or swimming. Also, it's the perfect protection for any oops moment such as dropping your phone in the sink. (We’ve all been there).
- ✅ HIGHER DROP PROOF PROTECTION - Always feel secure with our high-tech design and air-cushioned engineering that allows for a drop spec of 6.6ft (2m), 1.65X higher drop protection than MIL-STD-810G military standards. Plus, it comes with a free lanyard so you’re never left hanging. Needed for every adventure you have.
- ✅ INSTANT MUTE SWITCH - What’s that you ask? How can you easily mute your iPhone with a fully sealed case? With our instant mute switch, it makes muting simpler than ever. All you have to do is twist and hear the click. Trust us, you’re going to love it.
- ✅ 100% FINGERPRINT PROOF & WASHABLE CASE - We all love a clear case, but fingerprints? Not so much. Have the best of both worlds with our fingerprint free frosted case back. Our Total Protection cases are also washable with soap and water protecting you and your loved ones from germs. Plus, for that extra peace of mind they are also cleanable with EPA approved disinfectants.
- ✅ COMPATIBLE WITH MOST SCREEN PROTECTORS - For the first time you can now pair your Total Protection case with a Catalyst Screen Protector! Also compatible with most other iPhone 13 Series Screen Protectors*. Perfect for those moments when you want to swap your case for our Active Defense Drop Proof Case line.
The Catalyst Total Protection for iPhone is a slim case designed to protect your phone without feeling bulky. Plus, it’s safe for underwater depths of up to 33 feet! This case is perfect for anyone that likes to scuba or snorkel with their phone. The coating over the camera lenses also does not impact the excellent iPhone 13 photo quality so that you can snap photos underwater to your heart’s content.
Besides being an excellent waterproof case, the Catalyst Total Protection offers drop protection from 6.6 feet and supports Qi and MagSafe wireless charging.
Check out the Catalyst Total Protection on Amazon.
Best Phone Pouch: Hiearcool Waterproof Phone Pouch
- Beach Accessories for Vacation: Big Size Waterproof Phone Holder, Up to 7.2 inches capacity, compatible for iPhone 12 pro Samsung and others.
- Beach Essentials: 2 Pack waterproof phone bag convenient for you and your family.
- Certified Waterproof Phone Cases: IPX8 certified waterproof up to 100 feet/ 30 meters,beach accessories for vacation must haves.
- Beach Gear: Hiearcool Waterproof phone pouch/case comes with a detachable lanyard from 13.8 to 21 inches.
- Beach Necessities: Not just for the phone but any other you want to keep away from water.
A waterproof pouch is perfect for somebody that wants excellent protection but doesn’t want a bulky case on their phone all the time. Most of the time, cases like these limit the usability of your phone by quite a bit, but the Hiearcool Waterproof Phone Pouch gives you the best of both worlds. Face ID and touchscreen work without issues as several users back this as part of their reviews.
With a pouch that offers excellent water protection and the usability of your phone, the Hiearcool Phone Pouch is an easy pick for someone who wants to take their iPhone 13 on their next underwater adventure.
Check out the Hiearcool Waterproof Phone Pouch on Amazon.
Best Budget Friendly: ProCase Universal Waterproof Case Phone Dry Bag
- ✅ 2 Pack Universal waterproof phone case dry bag with white/black color combinations, fits all smartphones up to 7" diagonal size (Certain big screen phones need to remove protective case); Credit card wallet money waterproof dry bag for beach, fishing, swimming, boating, kayaking, snorkeling and water park activities
- ✅ Innovative design on the side of the case allows users to access the side buttons of the phone easily; Clear Window on both ✅ front and back sides, perfect for taking pictures, videos and checking emails
- ✅ 100 feet IPX8 Certified waterproof; Offers waterproof / snowproof / dirtproof protection for your device while maintaining full touch screen functionality
- ✅ Compatible with devices up to 3.35 x 6.69 inches; Comes with a neck strap for convenient carrying
- ✅ Features a simple snap and lock access, easy to keep out water, snow, dust, sand, and dirt
The ProCase Universal Waterproof Case Phone Dry Bag is a simple and easy-to-use pouch. The seal is tight and keeps out water like a pro. Unlike the pouch we discussed above, the plastic on this pouch is not entirely clear, so the Face ID has some problems. However, the touchscreen is still usable while in the pouch. Coming in at $14.99, it is easily one of the most affordable cases on the market today that offers some real-world protection.
While this pouch is built for the entire iPhone 13 lineup, if you have a case on an iPhone 13 Max, you might have some trouble fitting it into this pouch.
Check out the ProCase Universal Waterproof Case Phone Dry Bag on Amazon.
Best for Underwater Photography: Yogre Diving Case
- [Compatible iPhone models]: Diving phone case is compatible with iPhone 13 Mini/ iPhone 12/12Pro/12Mini/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus/iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus/iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus/iPhone X/iPhone Xs/iPhone Xs max/iPhone Xr/iPhone 11/iPhone11 Pro/iPhone 11 Pro max. Except for the listed phone models, other iPhone models are not supported. If you have another iPhone model, please choice Navy Blue diving case.
- [Compatible Samsung models]: Underwater phone case is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6 /S8 /S8+ /S9 /S9+ /S10 /S10+ /S10e /Note8 /Note9 /Note10 /Note10+. Except for the listed phone models, other samsung models are not supported. If you have another samsung model, please choice Navy Blue diving case.
- [Waterproof up to 50 feet] Excellent waterproof performance housing for underwater photos and videos, tested more than thousand times that the case enable you to dive to 50ft/15m depth water for 60 minutes without leaks. Supports a variety of universal brackets, before diving, we recommend turning on your cell phone camera to make it convenient to take pictures and record videos.
- 【Main Tips】: Set the lock screen state of unlocking the phone to avoid the screen being off when diving. iPhone: Settings - Display & Brightness - Auto Lock - Never. Android phone is different, you need to set the screen to automatically close the interface and change it to never close. Then open the camera program and install the phone. The yellow button paddle should be aimed at the sound button of the mobile phone, and test whether the shutter button drives the mobile phone to take pictures.
- [Service & Technical Support] We are here to provide 7*24 hours service for you, feel free to contact us if you find any problems of our product. Equipped with a wrist strap to prevent the phone case from falling into the water. This diving case is only suitable for the mobile phone models listed in the description or pictures. Please check your mobile phone model before buying, don't buy wrong.
If you are a photographer, but you don’t want to blow the budget of your vacation on an underwater case for your camera, Yogre Diving Case is your safest bet. This case is rated for 50 feet of submersion for up to 60 minutes. It also has a grip on the side with a shutter button so that you can use your phone in a more traditional camera grip. Although it might seem a little gimmicky, the results we got, in this case, were phenomenal.
We do not recommend this case for everyday use, but for those times you are planning to go out to the water or diving, this case is fantastic!
Check out the Yogre Diving Case on Amazon.
How To Pick The Best Waterproof Case: Step By Step
There are currently hundreds of waterproof cases available for the iPhone 13. Luckily we have put together a couple of things to keep your eye out for when choosing your next case.
- Waterproof Rating
- Additional Features
It is essential to know that water-resistant and waterproof are not the same. Waterproof means that something is completely sealed and safe from water damage while submerged. Water-resistant things don’t offer the same protection and can only survive splashes and brief moments underwater.
The two most common ratings you will see with the 5 top rated waterproof cases are IP67 and IP68. IP67: Can safely be submerged in water up to 3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes.IP68: Full waterproof protection at depths of more than 3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
While universal cases are available, you should still check that the case has the correct measurements to provide a proper seal. If you skip this step, the best-case scenario will be an annoying return process and, the worst, a ruined iPhone. Also, always be sure that the case is rated for your specific model, which is a little more complicated with all the types of iPhone 13s out there.
Additional features are the icing on the cake for these cases. For example, the Yogre Diving Case has a handle grip that allows you to take underwater photos easily. But it doesn’t need to be a prominent feature like that. If you want wireless charging, make sure the case supports it. These features make shopping for new devices fun, so look around and see what these cases offer.
What To Know Before Buying A Waterproof Case
Before buying a waterproof case, find one that meets all your needs, as discussed above. After that, if the case fits your phone and meets your needs well, there is not much you have to think about. That is the nice thing about phone cases. If they fit and protect your phone in a way that works for you, then you are set.
Using Waterproof Cases: What It’s Like?
A waterproof case can take all the fear out of bringing your phone to the pool or a beach day. And it is incredible! We got a chance to test out the 5 top rated waterproof cases before including them in the article, and they all were very nice to use.
There were a couple of standouts though the Hiearcool Waterproof Phone Pouch and Yogre Diving Case. The Hieracool Waterproof pouch offers a great temporary case for underwater use. The touchscreen responsiveness, while your phone is this pouch, feels pretty much unchanged.
- The Best Play-to-Earn Crypto Games: Reviewed and Ranked Want to play engaging games and receive crypto currency as rewards? Try these play-to-earn crypto games.
- Tobias Lutke: Net Worth, Biography, Family, and More Learn all the interesting details about Tobias Lutke, the billionaire founder and CEO of Spotify.
- Who Is Responsible When Self-Driving EVs Get Into Accidents? As self-driving cars become more prominent, legal issues over accidents will increase.
Last update on 2023-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API