- USB-C power banks can help you solve the problem of battery life while ensuring your wireless gadgets never run out of juice.
- Operating time on a power bank is measured in mAh, which stands for milliampere-hour. The most common sizes are 10,000mAh and 20,000mAh, although there are mini chargers at 2,500mAh and larger ones well above 30,000mAh.
- While you might expect a 20,000mAh battery to take longer to charge than a smaller 10,000mAh power bank – that isn’t always the case.
- Wireless earbuds and smartwatches can be charged with power banks, although we recommend one with a “low-power” mode or trickle charging for these gadgets.
If you use your smartphone frequently, you’re probably in a constant battle with battery life. The best USB-C power banks can help you solve that issue while ensuring your wireless gadgets never run out of juice. Whether you have a power-hungry tablet, smartphone or laptop, there is a portable power bank to fit your needs.
Here are the best USB-C Power Banks to Charge your Phones and Gadgets in 2022.
- Best Overall: Anker PowerCore 525 Power Bank
- Best Compact: Zendure SuperMini PD 10000mAh
- Best Wireless: Samsung EB-U3300X Power Bank
- Best for Multiple Devices: Anker 747 PowerCore Power Bank
- Best Budget: INIU Slim USB-C Power Bank
|Anker PowerCore 525
|Anker PowerCore 747
|INIU Portable Charger
|2.5 to 17 hours
|6.2 x 2.9 x 0.76 inches
|3.11 x 2.2 x 1.02 inches
|7 x 3.4 x 0.87 inches
|7.2 x 3.2 x .093 inches
|5.3 x 2.8 x .6 inches
Best Overall: Anker PowerCore 525 Power Bank
- Charge multiple smartphones, tablets, and small gadgets
- Can charge an iPhone 12 to 50% within 30 minutes.
- 18W USB port to charge an extra device.
- Massive 20,000mAh capacity to charge your devices
- Includes USB-A to USB-C cable, USB-C to USB-C cable, and travel pouch
It’s challenging to find the right balance of size and output with power banks – especially when you need more than a few charges. Anker managed to do that with the Anker PowerCore 525 Power Bank, a device that can charge devices like the iPhone 13 at least 5-6 times before it runs dry.
The PowerCore 525 has a premium look with a matte finish case, and cool blue LED indicator on the front. It has a 20w USB-C power delivery for high-speed charging and an 18w port for a secondary device. Need to charge the power bank while your devices charge? You can do that, and recharging times are respectable as well.
While a fast charge can bring most dead phones back to 50% in around 30 minutes, a 10w charger takes 20 hours to bring this battery back to life. A USB-C cable and a 16w power block shorten the charging time to just 6.8 hours. This power bank has the company’s MultiProtect safety system and trickles charging for low-powered devices.
We feel the Anker 525 provides the best bank for your buck when you need to charge multiple devices several times. It’s not the cheapest, but it’s certainly one of the best 20,000mAh USB-C power banks in its class. This power bank comes with multiple cables, a travel pouch, and an 18-month warranty.
- Trickle charging
- MultiProtect safety system
- Included accessories
- 18-month warranty
- Only one color/style
Check out the Anker PowerCore 525 Power Bank on Amazon.
Best Compact USB-C Bank: Zendure SuperMini PD 10000mAh
- 【Superior Portability & Compact*Lightning Cable NOT INCLUDED*】Supermini 10000mAh portable power bank, ultra slim suitcase design with metallic texture. 180g, smaller than a credit card, feel-free...
- 【Outstanding Charging Function】 USB C PD external battery features pass-through charging function which allows you to charge the battery bank while charging your devices. Also the ports USB C/ A...
- 【20W Quick Charge &Power Delivery】20W PD input/ output USB-C port allows the portable phone charger to charge iPhone 14-8 to 50% only 30 minutes very fast. The USB-A port has exclusive ZEN+2.0...
- 【Wild Compatibility 】The fast charging mini portable station supports almost all Smartphones, iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, Switch and other devices
- 【What You Get】Zendure Supermini 10,000mAh Power bank*1, 50cm USB-C to USB-C Cable*1, Product Manual*1, Sticker*1, Warranty* 24 Months, Our Friendly Service* Lifetime
Most power banks are designed with portability in mind. However, some models handle this better than others. When you want something discreet in the 10,000mAh range, the Zendure SuperMini PD 10000mAh is a good choice.
At only 3.11 x 2.2 x 1.02 inches in size, this power bank won’t take up much space in a pocket or purse. The 10,000mAh battery has enough power to recharge a device on the fly, and it can do so very quickly. A speedy 20W input can take a smartphone like the iPhone 13 or Galaxy S22 Ultra to 50% in only 30 minutes.
USB-A charging is also quick, thanks to ZEN+2.0 tech, which supports quick charging for most 3.0 devices. Pass-through charging also helps keep your devices charged while you charge the power bank. According to the company, that takes around 3 hours. The Zendure SuperMini has a low-power mode for wearables as well.
Zendure put a lot of thought into the design of this power bank, and it’s certainly one of the more compact models around. It’s available in 6 different colors that range from Black to Pink and come with a solid 2-year guarantee from the company.
- Compact design
- Build quality
- Wearables charging mode
- Pass-through charging
- Price compared to larger power banks
Check out the Zendure SuperMini PD 10000mAh on Amazon.
Best Wireless: Samsung SuperFast Wireless Power Bank
- Super Fast Charging. Power up your phone quickly with Super Fast Charging capabilities. Plugged in via the pocket USB-C cable, your Galaxy Note 10 and can charge at 25 Watt. Wirelessly you can fast...
- Share with a friend. Charge three devices at once, so even if you're charging your Galaxy Buds and smartphone, you can still give your buddy a boost.
- Charge Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Buds. Get a quick boost for your Galaxy Buds or Samsung smartwatch by simply placing them on the wireless pad.
- 10, 000 mAh. The 10, 000 mAh battery can provide two full wired charges for your smartphone and multiple charges for your smartwatch or Galaxy Buds.
- On-the-go or on your end table. Your portable battery can replace your wireless charger pad at home. When the battery is plugged in and charging with a wall charger, simply place the back of your...
If you hate wires, you’ll love the Samsung SuperFast Wireless Power Bank, the best in its category. By simply placing Qi-certified devices onto the charging spot located on the front, you can recharge earbuds, phones, and smartwatches. This power bank has two charging ports for wired devices, so you can simultaneously charge up to three devices.
Output for this power bank is 25W from the wired ports, while Qi wires charging is 7.5W. It’s a little larger than comparable 10,000mAh power packs but with a design that will look right at home next to your high-tech gadgets. Recharge times vary depending on the power source, but users have reported around 2-3 hours with a standard charger.
This power bank won’t be for everyone, but if you have wireless accessories like the echo buds or an Apple Watch, it should be at the top of your list. We love that you can multiple devices at once, and while it’s smaller at 10,000mAh, it recharges quickly with the right wall charger. The only downside is the warranty which is shorter than the competition at only 12 months.
- 7.5W wireless charging
- Fast recharge times
- Charges multiple devices
- Modern design
- Shorter warranty
Check out the Samsung SuperFast Wireless Power Bank on Amazon.
Best for Multiple Devices: Anker 747 PowerCore Power Bank
- Enormous 25,600mAh capacity to power multiple devices
- Can charge iPhone 13 Pro. Galaxy S20, MacBook Air 2020, and more
- Ultra-fast charging speeds (6x faster)
- Power up to four devices via USB-C/USB-A ports
- Package includes USB-C to USB-C cable, travel pouch, welcome guide
While every power bank on our list can charge a smartphone, how fast and how many devices they can charge simultaneously varies from model to model. The Anker 747 PowerCore Power Bank is best for those who want to keep multiple devices topped off, and it has one of the fastest recharge times around.
At 25,600mAh, the PowerCore 747 is the biggest battery to make our list. It can charge devices like the iPhone or Galaxy S22 at least 3-4times before you need a wall charger. You can charge a laptop up while you’re on the go, and speeds are outstanding, thanks to an 87W max output. With a 65W wall charger, you can fully recharge this large power bank in only 2.5 hours.
You can charge multiple devices with dual USB-C or dual USB-A ports. This power bank has the same safety features found on Anker’s high-end power banks and comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable and a travel pouch. While sleek, it is heavier than comparable models at 1.3 pounds.
The Anker 747 is the best USB-C power bank for consumers that need high-speed charging and enough juice to top off a laptop, tablet, or several smartphones. It’s well-built and dependable, although a bit pricey when stacked against other 25,000mAh power banks.
- 87W max output
- Charges four devices at once
- Fast recharging
- Dual USB-C and USB-A ports
- The price tag
Check out the Anker 747 PowerCore Power Bank on Amazon.
Best Budget: INIU Slim USB-C Power Bank
- ✅【𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐔 — 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨】Experience the safest charging with over 38 million global users. At...
- ✅【𝟮𝟮.𝟱𝐖 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞】Combined with the most advanced PD 3.0 & QC4+ fast charging technologies, INIU 22.5W portable charger power bank can...
- ✅【𝐔𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧】The capacity of 10,000mAh is stored in an incredibly slim body that is 36% thinner, 15% smaller, 28% lighter than...
- ✅【𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟑 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐔𝐒𝐁 𝐂 𝐈𝐧𝐩𝐮𝐭 & 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐩𝐮𝐭】Unlike most chargers featuring a USB C input only, INIU portable phone charger...
- ✅【𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬】The slim but powerful INIU 10,000mAh portable charger can provide Samsung S8 with 2.0 charges, iPhone 8 with 3.3 charges, AirPods Pro...
Buying a cheaper power bank from a less brand can be tempting, but it’s generally not a good idea for some reasons. While INIU isn’t a household name, this well-received brand has produced some of the best budget-friendly power banks, including the INIU Slim USB-C Power Bank.
The design of this portable charger sets it apart. It looks more like a smartphone than a USB-C power bank. That’s partly due to the slim profile and a bright LCD on the front. The display lets you know how much power is left on the 10,500mAh power bank, which has an output ranging from 18W to 22.5W.
According to INIU, this power bank can bring a device up to 50% battery life in 25 minutes. That’s impressive, given its size, and reviews of the device support that fact. It has multiple USB-C outputs, so you can charge more than one device and has a built-in flashlight. This power bank comes with cable, a travel pouch, and an excellent warranty.
Despite being a third of the price of 10,000mAh power packs from Anker and bigger brands, the INIU is slim, speedy, and has a 3-year warranty. That makes it the best USB-C power bank for the price in our opinion, and a great option if your budget is tight. Some users reported the charging times for the power bank itself were slow, but that appears to be the only drawback of the INIU BI-B6.
- Excellent price point
- Quick charging
- LED display
- 3-year warranty
- Pack recharges slowly
Check out the INIU Slim USB-C Power Bank on Amazon.
How to Find the Best USB-C Power Banks
When power banks first hit the market, consumers only had a few options, and Anker was among the best. Now they have competition from brands both big and small, choosing a USB-C power bank is even more challenging. Keep these things in mind when shopping for a new power bank.
- Charging Times
Power Bank Capacity
If you’re purchasing a new bicycle or a pair of shoes, you’ll always consider size, right? It’s no different when you’re shopping for the best USB-C power banks. The size determines how many charges you’ll get before recharging these portable battery packs.
Operating time on a power bank is measured in mAh, which stands for milliampere-hour. The most common sizes are 10,000mAh and 20,000mAh, although there are mini chargers at 2,500mAh and larger ones well above 30,000mAh. Larger power banks take up more space and have a higher price tag.
If you’re unsure how many times a power bank can recharge your phone, compare the battery size against the size of the power bank. The Nothing Phone 1 has a 4,500mAh battery, so a 10,000mAh power pack would provide 2 full charges with a little juice left over for partial charge.
There are two specifications to take into account with charging times. You need to know how long a power bank takes to recharge devices and also the time required to recharge the power bank itself.
Charging times are pretty straightforward and depend on the output power of the bank and the cable you’re using. Every manufacturer lists it as a selling point, and most have an output rate of around 20W. Times can also vary by port and how many devices you’re charging at once with some power banks.
All of the best USB-C power banks will recharge a phone or tablet quickly, but how long it takes to recharge varies wildly. While you might expect a 20,000mAh battery to take longer to charge than a smaller 10,000mAh power bank – that isn’t always the case, as you can see from the Anker 747, which “can” charge faster than smaller power banks.
Optimization plays a part in charging times, but so does the charger used to bring the power bank back to life. If you want your new power bank to recharge faster, you’ll need to pick up a high-speed wall charger to match.
A power bank is essentially a portable battery in a case, so there aren’t many features to speak of. Manufacturers try to tinker with design to make their products stand out. You can find colorful power banks if you want something a little livelier than black or gray, and it’s not uncommon to find models with built-in flashlights or cables.
Pass-through charging is a popular but common feature that allows users to charge the power bank while they charge their devices. If you need to charge more than one gadget at a time, look for a USB-C power bank with multiple ports. Many have one USB-C and USB-A, but premium models can have several.
Do you have wireless earbuds or a smartwatch? You can also charge those devices with power banks, although we recommend one with a “low-power” mode or trickle charging for these gadgets. While not a feature, take a hard look at what’s included with the power bank, or you may need to purchase cables.
Power banks may be pretty simple in terms of design, but they are not indestructible, and some aren’t exactly cheap. That’s where a good warranty comes into play, along with the build quality and reputation of the brand producing the power bank.
We found that most companies offer warranties for 1-3 years. Surprisingly, smaller manufacturers tend to have longer guarantees than larger companies like Samsung or even Anker.
In some cases, they expect a lot of returns from faulty products or power banks that ship DOA. Companies are also simply trying to have an edge, where you have to dig into user reviews with unfamiliar brands.
Using USB-C Power Banks: What it’s Like?
If you’ve never used a power bank before, you’re in for a treat. Not only are they simple to use, but they also ensure your mobile devices will never run out of power when you’re away from a charger.
Power banks are compatible with most rechargeable devices, provided you have the right cable. You plug one end of the cable into the charger, the other end into the device you want to charge, and you’re good to go.
When the power bank becomes drained, or you want to top it off, you charge the power bank up as you would any smartphone or tablet. You can use a regular block charger with a USB cable, although the charger’s power affects recharging speeds.
- These Are the 6 Best Bose Noise-Canceling Headphones: It’s time to treat yourself! These Bose Noise-Canceling headphones are some of the best!
- How to Open a Flash Drive on Mac (with Photos): We are here for you with everything you need to know – photos included.
- The 6 Best MagSafe Car Chargers: Time for an upgrade! These car chargers will get the job done and more.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©History-Computer.com/.