iPhone 14 may not have the Always-On display and Digital Island features of the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, but it’s still leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessors. If you own this smartphone, it’s sensible to protect your investment as best you can. One way to do that is to buy an iPhone case as soon as possible. A range of cases is available for the iPhone 14.
Cardholder cases (also known as wallet cases) are popular due to their protection and functionality. Whether you’re looking for the most affordable case or a bolder option made of the highest quality materials, there’s a cardholder case to suit all needs. We’ve done the work for you, so take a look at the iPhone 14 cases we recommend to make your decision that bit easier.
- Best Overall: Mujjo
- Best for Affordability: Spigen Slim Armor CS
- Best for Protection: Smartish
- Best Leather: Snakehive
- Best Detachable: Twelve South BookBook
Best Overall iPhone 14 Cardholder Case: Mujjo
- Quality Crafted iPhone 15, 14 & 13 Case. Slim profile, iPhone case protective fully wrapped in premium leather. MagSafe iPhone case, machined metal buttons, Japanese microfiber. Design praised in...
- Gold Rated iPhone 15, iPhone 14 & iPhone 13 Leather Case. Vegetable-tanned Ecco leather ages beautifully. Rated Gold for environmental standards. Soft leather iPhone case leather acquires unique...
- iPhone 15, 14 & 13 MagSafe Case. Magnetic tech built into the Apple 15, 14, 13 case for fast wireless charging. Compatible with MagSafe accessories.
- Remarkably Simple Phone Cases for iPhone 15, 14 & 13. Dyed machined metal buttons match the leather. Rear-camera lense, screen protected with raised bezel. Japanese microfiber satin-like interior.
- No edges exposed. 2-yr Warranty. Take pictures, make calls, charge your iPhone while it's stylishly protected. Compatible with iPhone 15/14/13 case screen protector. Retail packaging.
Available in three bold classic colors, Mujjo is a spectacular example of fashion meeting practicality.
The vegetable-tanned leather lends a beautiful finish that will probably outlast your phone usage. The case’s functionality is also impressive, as it features a sizeable wallet fit for carrying three cards with you on the go.
This case offers good protection for your device. The metal buttons are also an excellent addition, as they replicate the feel of pressing on the phone’s buttons themselves rather than leather. Overall, it’s an elegant case without too much bulk and suitable for most people’s needs.
Check out the Mujjo cardholder case on Amazon.
Best for Affordability iPhone 14 Cardholder Case: Spigen Slim Armor CS
- Absolute Protection = Dual Layers + Air Cushion Technology
- Exterior card slot holds up to 2 cards
- Shock-absorbing TPU interior + polycarbonate exterior
- Not compatible with Wireless Charging
- iPhone 14 Case Compatible with iPhone 14
For the budget-conscious, it’s hard to go wrong with the Slim Armor CS case from Spigen.
While you may expect a cheaper phone case to be tacky, this isn’t an issue with Spigen. Although the design is relatively basic, it’s minimalist and pleasantly thin. The case comes in black, rose gold or navy blue colors, sure to suit many moods.
The case is quite slim, meaning you can only carry two cards. This may be an issue if you want to carry multiple cards. But the card slot does keep the cards hidden, which is excellent for privacy. Although the case is thin, it has air cushion technology, providing excellent protection for the price. There’s no wireless charging compatibility, so you’ll have to spend a little more if that’s an essential factor.
Check out the Spigen Slim Armor CS cardholder case on Amazon.
Best for Protection iPhone 14 Cardholder Case: Smartish
- 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗦 𝟯 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗦 𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗦 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗛 - So your money won’t jiggle jiggle - Spring technology holds your cards and cash securely in place, so you...
- 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗔, 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗡 & 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 - Drop-tested: 50 drops at 6FT onto concrete - Smartish phone cases go through...
- 𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗬 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 & 𝗡𝗢 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 - No more flap fumbling - This side-loading wallet allows for quick and easy access to your credit...
- 𝗚𝗥𝗜𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗬 - Textured sides, smooth back, pocket-friendly - Carefully selected textured sides provide the ultimate grip, preventing your hand from...
- 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗪𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗦𝗔𝗙𝗘 - Good news is, the...
The sides of this case are textured, which makes holding the phone easier while reducing the risk of dropping it. If you do end up dropping the phone, rest assured that the air pockets in the corners will protect the phone and absorb the shock from the fall.
While this case also isn’t MagSafe-compatible, this does mean the case is exceptionally lightweight and easy to handle. It also holds cash and three cards, which is very handy. You can even use a card to stand up the phone, eliminating the need for a separate stand and making it even more budget-friendly. There’s also an excellent selection of colors, including funky options for those after a bold design. If you’re deadset on a MagSafe-compatible case, some are available from Smartish, albeit at a higher cost.
Check out Smartish cardholder case on Amazon.
Best Leather iPhone 14 Cardholder Case: Snakehive
- COMPATIBILITY – Our Snakehive iPhone 14 case wallet is designed to fit the APPLE IPHONE 14 6.1” screen ONLY. Please be sure to check your phone model before placing an order
- GENUINE LEATHER CASE HANDMADE IN EUROPE: Each Snakehive Vintage Leather iPhone 14 wallet case is designed and handmade with the finest European Nubuck leather for a soft, suede-like finish that...
- DROP, CAMERA & SCRATCH PROTECTION: At Snakehive we value your phone as much as you do. That's why our Vintage iPhone 14 leather case features a leather outer lip and flexible inner providing extra...
- FEATURES: The Vintage Leather iPhone 14 case with card holder features 3 card slots, a money compartment, full cable/button/speaker access, a magnetic closure and a landscape stand all of which...
- SNAKEHIVE 12-MONTH WARRANTY: A wallet case that’s built to last – Every Snakehive product includes a 12-month warranty & 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your product,...
Made from leather, the Snakehive is a little more expensive than some alternatives but does its job.
The high-quality European leather gives a suede-like finish, and ages beautifully, developing a unique patina for every user. The design is vintage, with crisp, hand-stitched leather. The bezels are raised for extra protection, and the case and phone can easily be detached from the back for wireless charging.
This case is also convenient since you can store up to three cards and some cash. The case is reliable and can double as a stand for all your video call and streaming needs. In terms of colors, there are some exciting options for a leather case. Choose from black, brown, navy, dark green, teal or plum to suit your tastes. Also built-in is a sturdy magnetic closing strip.
Check out the Snakehive cardholder case on Amazon.
Best Detachable iPhone 14 Cardholder Case: Twelve South BookBook
- PREMIUM MATERIALS AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: BookBook is hand finished out of full-grain leather that patinas over time and softens with age. Microfiber inside prevents scratching, while the separate magnetic...
- ALL YOU NEED IS BOOKBOOK: BookBook was designed to replace your wallet + phone case. There are interior slots along with a side pocket for folded bills/receipts. No more forgetting your wallet or your...
- SEPARATE MAGNETIC CASE: A full-grain leather inlay, improved flexibility and protection with raised edges make this every bit a legitimate case by itself. Use when you don't need the whole wallet, or...
- 3-IN-1 DESIGN: Includes detachable case, wallet, and hands-free stand mode to make viewing videos or FaceTime easy
- New, improved design raises the edges around the camera window and the screen edges to prevent contact when placed on a flat surface.
Twelve South BookBook leather case closes to give the impression of a beautiful leatherbound book and is MagSafe-compatible.
You can remove the wallet for a more streamlined feel any time, so you get the best of both worlds with this case. The detachable case also doubles as a stand, which is great for a hands-free experience. Its raised edges protect the screen and camera from scratches. In terms of storing cards, this case is your best bet, as there’s room for four cards and cash. You also get a protective microfiber lining like the Mujjo case, but the full-grain leather makes this case special. Colors are kept simple – black and brown are available.
Check out the Twelve South BookBook cardholder case on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best iPhone 14 Cardholder Case: Step by Step
A phone case is essential when protecting your phone and the best streaming experience, but as we’ve seen, there’s a lot to consider. When making your decision, you should think about the following factors:
So, let’s take a closer look.
What your case is made of makes a big difference to its longevity and feels in your hand. Leather cases are very effective at preventing lasting damage, but leather does tend to stain and become scuffed. This may not be an issue for all users, as some prefer the authentic look, but it’s something to consider.
Cases made from types of plastic can offer a lighter feel and adequate protection, but it depends on the grip and protective measures incorporated. They tend to be more resistant to scuffs and stains but will require more regular cleaning to look their best.
Decide how much you want to spend on a new iPhone 4 case. This will be a significant factor for those on a tighter budget, but this also depends on your usage. If you use your phone regularly and in abrasive conditions or are a little clumsy, a protective case will probably be your priority. But if you’re more concerned with aesthetics or functionality, it may be worth opting for a more expensive case to fulfill these needs better.
Cases come in many different styles and colors, so it’s difficult to say which is the best. This will largely come down to your preference, and whether you like the look and feel of a leather case. Some cases come in understated colors, whereas others have more vibrant designs, particularly non-leather cases. A leather case is your best bet if you want something more natural that will also age well.
This is usually a big selling point with phone cases, as they’re not just there to look good and protect the phone. A MagSafe-compatible phone case is helpful for wireless charging and transactions, but having enough space for your cards and cash is equally essential. For some, using the case as a stand might be the biggest priority, but for others, a detachable case may offer the versatility required.
What to Know Before Buying the Best iPhone 14 Cardholder Cases
Before you splash out on a new case, you’ve got to ensure it fits your needs. You don’t want to be disappointed with your chosen style, nor do you want to be disappointed with a lack of functionality. Not all cardholder cases are compatible with MagSafe, nor can all of them be used as a stand. It’s rare for them to have a detachable wallet, and many cases don’t come in too many colors. Know what you want in a case and pick a style before purchasing one.
Using the Best iPhone 14 Cardholder Cases: What it’s Like
The best phone case for you will be the one that suits your tastes, protects your phone and gives you the extras you’re looking for. These cases will protect your phone more than using it without a case but offer different styles and features. Leather cases will give a unique, individual look that improves over time. Plastic cases have more color options available, as well, as they are more resistant to scuffs. Ultimately, your choice will come down to how you use your phone, how you want it to look, and whether you like to use it hands-free or not.
- The 5 Best MagSafe iPhone 13 Pro Max Cases – Opting for an older model of iPhone? Check out the best MagSafe-compatible iPhone 13 Pro Max cases by clicking through.
- How To Connect (Pair) AirPods to iPhone – Wondering how to connect your beloved AirPods to your iPhone? Find the answer here.
- The 5 Best iPhone 12 Cardholder Cases – Maybe you want to go with an iPhone 12, but you’re unsure of the best case to accompany it. Check out this article to find out.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Hadrian/Shutterstock.com.