Although the iPhone 12 has been out for a couple of years, it’s still a compelling smartphone. Its camera and hardware have undergone upgrades. Best of all, it can handle most functions and demanding gaming sessions.
Of course, buying a case to go with an iPhone 12 is one of the logical steps. You will find a lot of cases out there, but MagSafe-compatible cases are definitely among the most popular. Being able to use all your Magsafe accessories and charge your phone wirelessly without removing the case is convenient. Below are the five best iPhone 12 MagSafe cases for your new device.
- Best Overall: OtterBox Symmetry Series Clear Case
- Best for Affordability: Spigen Mag Armor with MagSafe
- Best for Protection: Pelican Protector
- Best for Thinness: Incipio Slim
- Best Sustainable: LifeProof WAKE
Best Overall iPhone 12 MagSafe Case: OtterBox Symmetry Series Clear Case
- The ultra-slim Symmetry Clear Series, iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro case undergoes thousands of hours of drop testing to ensure your smartphone gets the utmost protection
- Protect your smartphone with ultra-slim Symmetry Clear series, the iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro transparent case that's easy to install and has 3 times as many drops as military standard ( MIL-STD-810G...
- Pair your case with a scratch resistant and durable OtterBox screen protector for total, 360-degree protection
- Compatible with iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro
- Reduced Waste Packaging: At OtterBox we’ve taken concrete steps to reduce our impact, that’s why we made our retail packaging from sustainable materials that are fully recyclable and use nearly no...
Made of synthetic rubber and polycarbonate, the Otterbox Clear Case is a durable and flexible case that’s resistant to scuffs and yellowing
The Symmetry series from OtterBox has some great Magsafe-compatible cases, but the Clear Case is a standout. This case offers great protection, like many OtterBox cases, while giving your device that natural look and a lightweight feel. You can choose from various colors if that’s more your thing.
One of the drop-resistant smartphone accessories, the Clear Case, can withstand regular drops better than the standard models. Raised edges also help protect the screen further and enhance the device’s look. The buttons are also large and easy to press, unlike some cases, which make button pressing quite tricky. Add in the MagSafe compatibility, and you have an excellent phone case.
Check out the OtterBox Symmetry Series Clear Case on Amazon.
Best for Affordability iPhone 12 MagSafe Case: Spigen Mag Armor with MagSafe
- Magnet integrated shock absorption TPU case
- Raised lip to protects screen and camera & Air Cushion Technology for shock absorption
- Tactile buttons for solid feedback and an easy press
- NOTE: the case may show circular imprints from magnet charger compression over time
- Compatible with iPhone 12 (2020) / Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro (2020)
A relatively simple case, the Spigen Mag Armor with MagSafe features some diagonal detailing which adds to the style.
The Spigen Mag Armor is MagSafe-compatible and made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), which gives it a nice grippy texture and good protection. The raised lip and Air Cushion technology help to absorb shocks and protect the screen and are something to look out for when buying a case.
The buttons are easy to click, and the case isn’t very bulky, making it comfortable for everyday use. All in all, if you’re looking for an affordable case that’s slim and tactile, you can’t go wrong with the Spigen Mag Armor.
Check out the Spigen Mag Armor with MagSafe case on Amazon.
Best for Protection iPhone 12 MagSafe Case: Pelican Protector
- Protector Series: This rugged case for iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 is designed with a Non-slip edge for a secure grip and extra tumble resistance, made for adventure; Made with the latest technology &...
- 15FT Military Grade Drop Protection: This protector series case for iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro is expertly crafted with premium shock-absorbing ridges, rigid back panel, and cushioned corners to defend...
- Multi-Functional Design: A combination of premium quality materials and anti-scratch technology ensures that your phone case looks newer for longer; Raised edges on both sides prevent scratches or...
- Wireless Charging Compatible: Made with a seamless design for improved Qi-certified wireless charging with convenience and speed, does not influence any type of phone signals; Precise laser cut-outs...
- Package Contents: 1 Unit of Pelican iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro Case - Protector Series Black (fits Apple iPhone 12 Pro / Apple iPhone 12 only); Lifetime Warranty
For the price, Pelican Protector with antimicrobial coating does a fantastic job of keeping your phone safe for longer.
Pelican case can protect your iPhone from a 15-foot drop while maintaining your phone’s hygiene. The dual layer helps to increase the protection and prevent dust from entering the case. This reduces the chances of scratches occurring and the need for cleaning. Its raised ridges absorb shock while the corners are padded, helping to protect your phone from all angles. The buttons are easy to handle due to precise cut-outs, and MagSafe is made easy with integrated magnets. If budget isn’t an issue, get the Pelican to protect your phone.
Check out the Pelican Protector case on Amazon.
Best for Thinness iPhone 12 MagSafe Case: Incipio Slim
- Compatible with iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro
- 14 Ft. Drop protection
- Impact Strut protection tech reduces impact force
- Raised-edge bezel protects screen
- Antimicrobial protection eliminates 99.9% of surface bacteria
The Slim case from Incipio comes in a straightforward design as well as purple, blue and black, all of which are translucent.
Featuring raised edges for screen protection and 14-foot drop protection, this case is protective whilst being impressively thin. As well as this, it’s resistant to discoloration and scratches and allows wireless charging via MagSafe. The antimicrobial surface protection is a nice touch too.
The case isn’t quite as protective as some other options, but it does a more than adequate job. This can be a fantastic buy if you are a big fan of sleek and slim cases.
Check out the Incipio Slim on Amazon.
Best Sustainable iPhone 12 MagSafe Case: LifeProof WAKE
- Compatible with iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro
- Survives: drops from 2 meters
- Ultra-thin: one piece design
- Sustainably Made: over 85% ocean-based content and recyclable packaging
- Proper installation of a LifeProof product is important to successful use so please review the installation video and check the user manual to ensure correct installation Includes LifeProof 1-year...
The WAKE case from LifeProof has a lot going for it, especially considering its low price.
It can protect your phone from a drop of around 6.5 feet. This is fairly sufficient for most people’s heights. The design is a single piece of manufacturing and very thin, with rounded edges. This is a bonus if you’re not a big fan of the flat edges of the newer iPhones.
The MagSafe charger attaches easily to the back of the case, which features a rather pleasant wave design. This isn’t surprising as the case is made from 85% ocean-based recycled plastic. As well as this, LifeProof donates a dollar from your purchase to a water-conscious nonprofit, making this a nice choice for the environmentally-minded.
Check out the LifeProof WAKE case on Amazon.
How to Pick the Best iPhone 12 MagSafe Case: Step by Step
A phone case becomes essential at some point, but there’s a lot to consider before buying one. We’ve summarized the main points to consider below.
Let’s examine these factors further.
iPhone users have different tastes. Clear cases are popular for their minimalist look and for showing off the device itself. Consider the available colors, as this differs greatly between models. Leather cases tend to be more understated, whereas plastic cases can make more of a statement. Going for a case that isn’t too bulky and is scratch and scuff-resistant is a good idea.
Cases will never set you back as much as buying a new phone, but they vary considerably in price. If you often drop your phone in extreme environments, it’s worth spending a few more dollars for a more protective case. Leather cases tend to be more expensive, so it might be wise to avoid these unless you’re dead set on the look.
A major motivation for buying a case is protecting your phone. So look out for drop protection, raised edges, and screen protection. Shock-absorbing technology is common but not present in all models. Nowadays, many protective plastic cases are made of TPU and polycarbonate, but natural leathers are also very sturdy. Avoid cheaper plastic cases without protective qualities.
Buying a MagSafe-compatible case is most people’s priority. It supports wireless charging and allows you to use multiple accessories. Not all cases are compatible, but many companies sell compatible options alongside their other products, so keep a lookout. Many cases have more features, such as kickstands for hands-free streaming and wallets for carrying cards. Consider the most important to you when shopping.
Aside from keeping your phone safe and matching your style, the functionality of a case is a big factor when purchasing. Some will double as kickstands for a more enjoyable streaming experience; some are Magsafe-compatible. Some cases even have an attached wallet for card and cash storage.
What to Know Before Buying the Best iPhone 12 MagSafe Cases
When shopping for an iPhone 12 case, you want to be sure it’s right for you. Colors, protection and MagSafe compatibility, should be among the qualities you keep in mind. Cases also vary in thickness. Be sure to check the specs closely if you want a sleeker case.
Using the Best iPhone 12 MagSafe Cases: What it’s Like
Ultimately, only you can decide which case is most appropriate for your use. Most cases will protect your phone better than without, but not all are created equal. Many people prefer a thin and sleek case, but leather ages better. Some will prioritize a more natural and sustainable case, but a balance between design elements and protective features is generally sensible.
- The 5 Best MagSafe Chargers – Reviewed and Ranked – Check this article out to find the best MagSafe chargers for your iPhone.
- The 5 Best MagSafe iPhone 13 Pro Max Cases – If you’ve got a newer model of iPhone, compare the best MagSafe cases for the iPhone 13 Pro Max by clicking through.
- How To Connect (Pair) AirPods to iPhone – Figure out how to easily pair your earbuds with your phone here.